PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an item of unlimited beer

Hua
2018-06-10, 10:17 PM
What kind of spells would go into creating an item of unlimited beer?
I have a player looking such an item, more for character flavor than for any game mechanic.
I'm not sure what spells would go into creating such a wonderous item.

Any idea?

Malimar
2018-06-10, 10:33 PM
800gp Everfull Mug (Arms & Equipment Guide) functions 3/day and fills with "water, cheap ale, or watery wine". There's a baseline for you; homebrew an upgrade to more times per day and better-quality beer for more money.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-06-10, 10:47 PM
800gp Everfull Mug (Arms & Equipment Guide) functions 3/day and fills with "water, cheap ale, or watery wine". There's a baseline for you; homebrew an upgrade to more times per day and better-quality beer for more money.

MIC dropped it to 200gp.

Nifft
2018-06-10, 10:52 PM
What kind of spells would go into creating an item of unlimited beer?
I have a player looking such an item, more for character flavor than for any game mechanic.
I'm not sure what spells would go into creating such a wonderous item.

Any idea?

It's basically a re-flavored decanter of endless water.

Remove the fire-hose option, and drop the price a bit, and you're ready to party.

Kalkra
2018-06-10, 11:12 PM
With a custom magic item that casts create water and prestidigitation you can make water that looks and tastes like beer (or any other beverage), but it won't be alcoholic. Alternately, you could make an item that casts minor creation that will make beer which is alcoholic, although it disappears in a few hours.

Crake
2018-06-10, 11:30 PM
With a custom magic item that casts create water and prestidigitation you can make water that looks and tastes like beer (or any other beverage), but it won't be alcoholic. Alternately, you could make an item that casts minor creation that will make beer which is alcoholic, although it disappears in a few hours.

If you use psionic minor creation, say that the crafter also requires 10 ranks in profession (brewer) or something similar, and limit it to only filling up a pint with each use, roughly 2% of the cubc foot that minor creation would normally do a ML1, we can set the price at 2000x1(power level)x10(ML required for the 10 hours for alcohol to pass through your system for the full experience)/50 (1/50th of the creation size) that gives you a price of 400gp for an at will pint of endless ale. About double the price of an everfull mug, but it can make far better quality ale.

Kalkra
2018-06-11, 12:29 AM
If you use psionic minor creation, say that the crafter also requires 10 ranks in profession (brewer) or something similar, and limit it to only filling up a pint with each use, roughly 2% of the cubic foot that minor creation would normally do a ML1, we can set the price at 2000x1(power level)x10(ML required for the 10 hours for alcohol to pass through your system for the full experience)/50 (1/50th of the creation size) that gives you a price of 400gp for an at will pint of endless ale. About double the price of an everfull mug, but it can make far better quality ale.

You can make it be a command-word item instead of a use-activated item to bump it down from 2000 to 1800, or if you're accepting the 1/50 price reduction, you could have it make half a pint for half the cost, and just activate it twice. Or you could just use a spell trap, if you want to go there.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-06-11, 12:58 AM
The pricing guidelines for magic items suggest that bumping the cost of an everfull mug up to about 350 should be good for making it an at-will device. Certainly resorting it to the original 800 would be enough to do so.

Rynjin
2018-06-11, 02:30 AM
For something a little more avant garde, you could look into an item that combines Create Water and Enhance Water (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/enhance-water/) into an item. Shove some dirt in the cup and you have a good beer. Or be like a character I had once and take your, ahem, morning ablutions into a canteen and create the best alcohol you've ever tasted.

It'd be a bit more expensive at around 2700 gp by the rules (though you'd be within your rights to slash that considerably for a pretty meh effect, primarily for roleplay purposes I assume), but higher quality alcohol.

Geddy2112
2018-06-11, 11:30 AM
In Pathfinder, any divine caster of Cayden Cailean can use create water to instead make beer or wine.

theAui
2018-06-11, 02:14 PM
That would be a self resetting trap of minor creation. Problems: kind of expensive, hard to find if you should loose it. Bonus: It has a challenge rating.

Nifft
2018-06-11, 02:18 PM
That would be a self resetting trap of minor creation. Problems: kind of expensive, hard to find if you should loose it. Bonus: It has a challenge rating.

Minor Creation's creations also only last 1 hour/level.

Goodbye cell walls, hello internal hemorrhaging.

Yogibear41
2018-06-11, 03:10 PM
you can make water that looks and tastes like beer but it won't be alcoholic.

What is this Madness?

Hiro Quester
2018-06-11, 05:16 PM
I got one of these as a gift for a dwaven sorcerer party member. Everfull mug, made by a dwarven wizard, who would never let a mug fill with --gasp!-- water. It fills with good dwarven ale instead.

DM let me find a crafter to make such an item for +50% of the regular price.

I also got him an endless feedbag modified, to be perpetually full of popcorn.