PDA

View Full Version : The Yuan-Ti War [IC]

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-07, 08:54 PM
This is the In-Character thread for The Yuan-Ti War Campaign. More to come once all characters have been finalized.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-16, 08:01 PM
You've all completed your basic training at Seven Paths Academy for Adventurers, and you're now on your way to the headquarters of the Enkiduan Army for your first assignment, riding a coach through the capital city.

Benejeseret
2007-09-16, 10:05 PM
Nrin sits low into the coach seat, his left shoulder against the window ledge.

A small quill scribles directions within a leather bound journal in Northron Runes. Each turn and street is recorded, including visible markers of shops and tavern. The runic shorthand proceeds sharply across the pages at a very brisk pace.

The right page of each passage is reserved and recording the known associates riding with him. Every so often the passengers are casually observed and a sketch of the student made upon the upper right page. Runes record any information Nrin can obtain about their skills, traits and affiliations.

The journal bindings are latched by a small steel chain trailing back to Nrin's belt. On the opposite hip hangs a light crossbow outlined lightly by the soft grey cloak draping over his frame. The wide cloak drapes from loosely past his knees to his shoulders and the attached hood over much of his head.

ArqArturo
2007-09-16, 11:06 PM
Eberek sits back, letting the coach ride the wagon to the city. This dwarf is, like most, stubby and a rather quiet. His combat gear -except his shortbow- seems old and that has seen plenty of combat, but his axe still looks sharp and his armor and wooden shield looks sturdy enough to retain blows. He keeps to himself, analizing his axe and observing the edge, looking at any flaws.

He looks at the other fellow adventurers and feels rather distant to them, but maybe in battle they won't be so different, thinks Eberek.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-17, 02:38 PM
You arrive at Army HQ. A dwarf wearing a major's rank tabs greets you.

You're the new Special Forces team from Seven Paths, correct?

Benejeseret
2007-09-17, 05:55 PM
Ya' Sir

Nirn salutes from the window as the the practiced Schormein accent flows easily. He then jumps down from the carriage with a pause to grab up his backpack.

This be the lot of us we know of

ArqArturo
2007-09-18, 01:19 PM
Well, I ain't a member of the Seven Paths, to be honest, lad says Eberek, sheathing his axe But father Meinar, an old cleric of Bella gave the chance to prove myself as a worthy dwarf, sir.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-19, 08:07 PM
The major nods his understanding. Well, if you'll just follow me, I'll take you to your mission briefing.

ArqArturo
2007-09-21, 01:29 AM
Very well, then says Eberek, as he gets down from the wagon.

Benejeseret
2007-09-22, 03:22 PM
Right then Major.

Face falls in behind the major while casually trying to get a sense of their surroundings.

Say Major, are you able to give us a sense a what we'll be seeing inside? Like ta know what we're heading for...and who.

And on that, I didn't catch yer name.

((Gather information check of 12 -
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1281127))

ArqArturo
2007-09-23, 10:55 PM
As Eberek walks along side the Warforged and the other dwarf, Eberek watches the place and stretches his neck a bit So when's our first mission gonna start? asks Eberek, touching the hilt of his axe 'cause I'm ready to prove my mettle right now, lad.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-23, 11:32 PM
I'm Major Eisenhammer, and I'm taking you to meet General Streifer. He'll give you the details of your mission. It'll start very soon, that much I can tell you.

ArqArturo
2007-09-25, 06:17 PM
Eberek's face changes from dour and serious into a wide smile Good, 'cause I've been bored out of my beard for hours now, lad. He accomodates his belt a bit and looks around So, before this mission, can we at least partake with something to eat? I'm getting tired of beef jerky and water all day, not to mention the dried fruit, bleugh.

Fredricus
2007-09-26, 05:31 AM
Gutrog

The tall well muscled orc walked silently with the others. He only nodded to the Major's question if they where from the academy. Gutrog was clad in a weather worn chainshirt and tradititional loose fitting desert clothing of the Orc tribes. The sword he carries looks used but is in good shape as is his spiked shield.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-10-02, 09:49 PM
((Guess you guys are waiting for me, eh?))

Eisenhammer nods. You'll definitely have opportunity for real food before you depart. I agree, the rations can be tiring, but at least they're filling and healthy, which is the most important thing. He comes to a door. Here we are. He opens the door and motions you inside.

Inside the room, a human wearing an army uniform and a Brigadier General's rank insigniae is seated at one end of a table. A beautiful, white-robed elven cleric of Maia sits at his left hand. They look up as Eisenhammer opens the door.

Fredricus
2007-10-03, 09:41 AM
Gutrog

Gutrog looks at the elf and sees what his people could had been. He shrugs the thought and is proud of being an Orc from the Desert.

He walks in with confidence and salutes(as they where taught in the Acedemy) the General.

Benejeseret
2007-10-03, 11:12 AM
Face comes to attention beside Gutrog.

"General Streifer, M'lady of the Gentle Mother," a quick salute addresses the General while the cleric receives bow in reverence, "You called upon us?"

((During his bow while his gaze is downward, Face takes the opportunity to scan the table and spot/quickly read documents or the like if present.

Spot roll 10
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1297497))

ArqArturo
2007-10-03, 04:56 PM
Eberek walks in last, sees the human and the elf, and simply nods to both of them.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-10-06, 08:27 PM
There are no papers that Face can read on the table, although the General does have a stack in front of him.

Yes, come in, and sit down, the General says, waving to the other chairs at the table. This is Initiate Hanae. She's going to be providing you with healing and general support. She's a noncombatant, though, so don't expect her to do any fighting. Streifer introduces the elf, who smiles at them. Initiate Hanae, this is Face, Gutrog, and Eberek.

It's a pleasure to meet you, and there's no need for you to be so formal, she says, as Major Eisenhammer comes in after Eberek and closes the door behind them.

Now that we've gotten the introductions out of the way, I'll tell you what your first mission is going to be.

Now, as you no doubt already know, last year the Yuan-ti forced us off the eastern peninsula, and we've spent most of this year recovering from that defeat, while they've been busy consolidating their conquests.

They know that we are eventually going to come back and try to push back, so they're constructing fortifications and artillery positions all along the coast, including one... He slides a map onto the table, right here, at the place where the Crookt Mountain Range juts out into the Straits of Enkidu. That's where we're sending you.

Your job will be to disrupt the supplies headed for that artillery position, so that it will be weakened when the time comes for our invasion.

I won't lie to you; this is a very dangerous mission. There will be no way for you to contact us if you get in trouble; you will receive little, if any, support from headquarters once you have been put in place. Ultimately, you are expendable; we won't waste men to get you out of a pickle should you get yourselves into one, so make sure you don't get into one. Do I make myself clear?

Benejeseret
2007-10-08, 09:48 PM
Face scans the map, his analytical computational matrix silently swirling behind glass eyes.

A single supply convoy or a more permanent blockage such as destoying bridges and mountain trails? The more we disrupt roadways and the like, the slower our own troops can move once they arrive.

Face opens his journal and begins scribbling down quick map sketches, ideas, and details once again in the Northron Runes. He snaps to a new page and fires three more questions towards Streifer.

Are we arriving by land or sea, and more importantly how do we retract ourselves?

Is there any intel of who is moving these supplies...Yuan-Ti themselves, slaves, allied enemy races?

Are any additional supplies or provisions available to us?

As he awaits the answers with quill in hand, he glances numerous times toward the vibrant elf. He offers a smile in her direction to attempt and hide his unease at her presence. Face once again focuses on the General.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-10-08, 10:11 PM
((here's the map. Just imagine that it says "The Principality" instead of "The Province"))
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/LordIames/Maps/TyrathMap-1.png
((I'll wait for the others to post before responding IC, Ben. Hope you don't mind.))

Fredricus
2007-10-09, 04:05 AM
Gutrog

Gutrog nods, knowing that few plans survive the touch of reality. He studies the maps, but he ain't the brightest or fastest thinker around. He was propably chosen for this mission to support the others.

ArqArturo
2007-10-09, 09:40 PM
Eberek glances at the map while he listens to the other companions opinions. He looks rather bored and continues to tap his fingers at the table.

Finally, he looks up to the general and clears his throat I hafta agree with me comrade in arms, sir. says Eberek the more debris we leave behind, the harder the move. But still, how much time do you think we have before the supplies reach the place?.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-10-09, 10:32 PM
I see that I didn't make myself entirely clear. This is a long-term mission. We're not going to be ready to invade for at least another season. Besides the obvious goal of weakening this particular fortification, we're trying to keep the Yuan-ti on their toes, make them worry about their interior. You're to hit any convoy you can without unduly jeopardizing the mission. There are currently no plans for your extraction, and we expect you to make sure they know at least one of their convoys was taken out by our forces. We want them looking over their shoulders, gentlemen. We want them to keep more forces covering their supply lines, so they have less opposition on the beaches when the invasion force lands.

As for how you'll be inserted, we have a teleportation circle set up that will take you to the general area. Youll have at least a nineday to scout the area and select a base of operations; I'm told the area has a lot of caves, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

You're authorized to use whatever means you can to keep supplies from getting to the base, with the provision that they know we're responsible for at least some of their losses.

You'll be able to take along some munitions, in case you want to set up a landslide or something similar, and some extra food and other supplies, but we expect that you'll be able to sustain yourselves on what you can capture from the enemy's supply train.

This time, have I made myself clear?

Benejeseret
2007-10-11, 07:07 PM
Y'Sir

Face slowly closes the journal. It seems there is little use for notes and questions at this point. (internal thoughts: They do not have more details. Details take time, take resources....and they have only scheduled us for a one way trip. Personal note, record everything - their spy networks are clearly lacking.)

With his quick assessments lingering through his thought processors, Face turns to his peers.

Seems clear enough eh?

If this is all then I believe, Major Eisenhammer, you promised Eberek here some food.

Face turn round again to the table.

Would ya accompany us M'lady?

Fredricus
2007-10-12, 04:19 AM
Gutrog

Gutrog nods that he understood

Atleast this will prove their worth when they survive.

ArqArturo
2007-10-13, 12:25 AM
Seems clearer now, sir. says Eberek.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-10-13, 12:34 AM
Good. He stands up. I know I said you're expendable, and ultimately, you are, but I personally would much rather have you play this smart and survive to be of further use to us. He offers to shake their hands.

Yes, thank you. And I told you not to be so formal, Hanae gets up, smiling.

Major, show them the way to the mess, would you?

((Is Hanae's speech too hard to read for you guys?))

Fredricus
2007-10-17, 08:15 AM
Gutrog

Gutrog nods and waits for the Major to lead them to the mess.

ArqArturo
2007-10-17, 09:45 PM
Ah, finally! says Eberek as he walks along with them to the mess hall, he looks at Gutrog and raises his left bushy eyebrow tell me lad says Eberek Why so quiet?.

Fredricus
2007-10-21, 10:19 AM
Gutrog

The large orc looks questioning at Eberek

"When you have nothing to say, why speak?" he answers, they are the first words the Orc has said what you remember.

Benejeseret
2007-10-22, 08:47 PM
**Face listens to his companions' exchange, and takes small satisfaction from Gutrog's answer. Silence, focus on the tasks at had, determination...these are the characteristics of someone not likely to ask too many questions. His identity and cover story should hold up nicely in such a croud.**

He turns and studies Hanae once more.

**A healer....hmmm....a healer is more likely to uncover his disguised warforged features. Yet perhaps if she was assigned, she already known of his condition. Not worth the risk though.**

Is it much farther? I had hoped to get a chance to go over the provisions the general mentioned as well before we depart.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-10-22, 11:41 PM
No, it's not much farther, the mess is right here. Major Eisenhammer leads them into the mess. Against one wall, there's a line of stations serving food, with other soldiers moving along the line with food trays. I've already eaten, but you can go ahead.

ArqArturo
2007-10-26, 12:11 AM
Heh. They'll be plenty o' time for me ta shaddup up when I'm long gone and buried, when all the fightin' in me is burnt away; besides, there are only three types of people that keep ta themselves: The Smart, the Ignorant, and the Dead. I think you're the smart one, so I'll trust your blade if ye trust mine, lad. says Eberek, as he walks down the hall with his companions.

Fredricus
2007-10-26, 08:43 AM
Gutrog

Gutrog grins at Eberek and as they enter the messhall he says "Food" with a wide toothy grin

Before getting food he turns to the Major "When we leave?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-10-26, 09:46 PM
You leave tomorrow at 1100 hours. I hope that's not a problem.

Benejeseret
2007-10-29, 04:01 PM
Agreed. The rest of you go ahead, I am....to nervous to stomach much right now [*bluff] and have notes to catch up on.

[*Bluff Check = 8, http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1342098]

Face scans the room, looking for a abandoned table. He will choose whichever is a) out of the way and b) dim and quiet. Once there he will update his Rune journal with everything he known from the briefing and implanted knowledge of their target. Unless disturbed, he will likely continue to analyze the journal and check over his equipment.

(Since he does not sleep) he will use his dagger to sculpt intricate designs onto his crossbow during the night.

[Craft Check = 13, http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1342102

Fredricus
2007-10-29, 04:48 PM
Gutrog

"No problem" he says and headed to get something to eat. He didn't get long when he turned around and approached the major again

"Do we get any extra equipment for the job" he asks

Gutrog didn't see through Face's outstanding bluff
1d20-1=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1342142)

Lord Iames Osari
2007-10-29, 05:53 PM
The major watches Face go, then turns to respond to Gutrog's question.

What sort of equipment?

ArqArturo
2007-10-31, 01:48 AM
I think he means anything to help us blend in the environment, right? says Eberek, as he eyes for any other available tables.

Fredricus
2007-11-05, 03:29 PM
Gutrog

Gutrog thought a moment. "That too and maybe some more food" he says with his stomach rumbling

Lord Iames Osari
2007-11-09, 12:43 AM
As the general said, you'll be able to provision yourselves with food captured from the enemy supply train. There's a town fairly close by, as well, so you could try your luck there if you get desperate. The major leads them over to a table. As for other miscellaneous equipment, well, I'll be taking you over to the quartermaster after you've eaten for that.

((let me know when you guys run out of questions so I can skip us ahead to the equipment selecting part))

Benejeseret
2007-11-09, 10:57 AM
Face looks up from his carvings and nods

((Done with my questions for now))

ArqArturo
2007-11-11, 02:28 AM
Hmm, sounds solid so far. But in the meantime, it's time to calm the gut with some food, sir says Eberek.

(OOC: So far so good. I'm done with questions for now).

Fredricus
2007-11-11, 06:09 AM
Gutrog

"Good idea" Gutrog says and heads to get some food, he doesn't know when his next proper meal will be

Lord Iames Osari
2007-11-15, 03:01 PM
After they eat, Major Eisenhammer leads them to the Quartermaster, and show them the stores of equipment.

Well, here it is. The General has left it up to my judgement what you're to be allowed to take with you, so pick out the things you want, and I'll decide whether or not it's okay for you to take.

((Basically, the Quartermaster has pretty much everything, so make a wishlist, PM it or post it, and I'll go through and tell you what's acceptable and what isn't.

Oh - and try to be reasonable, both in what items you select, and how many of them.))

Benejeseret
2007-11-17, 07:41 PM
Face browses the wares.

Since we need to keep moving and scout out the area, a fast, light horse each and a few spyglasses would be quite useful.

The general wants us to deliver a message, so a few large banners and battle standards to leave about might be nice. Those along with the ammunitions and explosives he mentioned.

After awhile Face returns to the shelves and wares. He makes an effort to search and appraise for any particular item of interest.

((such as a masterwork crossbow, bolts, or rare items particularly useful....I am out of ideas but leave this one to mechanics of my rolls and whatever you feel like))

((Search = 27 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1379128))
((Appraise = 18, http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1379122 ))

Fredricus
2007-11-20, 11:29 AM
Gutrog

Gutrog listened to Face's suggestions and looked at the wares. The suggestions where good.

"Do you have any Heavy Mehrune fighting shileds, preferably with spikes? I doubt the Yan-ti would supply us with those. I've nearly learned to fully master them and our mission offers much time to practice."

ArqArturo
2007-11-20, 10:37 PM
Eberek strokes his beard as he thinks on what might be useful, he hears Face's suggestion and nods.

I think we'll need to play with the terrain, and play the terrain with us, I think a few caltrops, and couple of tanglefoot bags and climber kits could be useful. says Everek as he looks around.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-11-21, 05:19 PM
All good and reasonable requests. I'll see to it that it's all waiting for you tomorrow morning at the circle.

((Anyone have anything they want to RP over the night, or can I skip ahead to your departure?))

Benejeseret
2007-11-22, 12:26 PM
((Face is good, nothing I can think of at the moment))

Fredricus
2007-11-22, 12:36 PM
Gutrog

"Two shields would be nice, if it isn't too much" he adds

((Nothing to add))

ArqArturo
2007-11-23, 12:05 AM
((OOC: All good here)).

Lord Iames Osari
2007-11-24, 03:33 PM
The next morning at 1100 hours, you meet with Major Eisenhammer, and he takes you to a room. On the floor is a ten-foot circle of runes and arcane symbols, drawn in chalk. Next to it is a neatly arranged pile of equipment, consisting of:

5 blast disks (Heroes of Battle 131)
2 heavy Mehrune Fighting Shields
50 masterwork crossbow bolts
5 Mehrune Alliance flags/banners/battle standards
5 spyglasses
5 bags of caltrops
5 tanglefoot bags
5 climbers' kits

There are no horses, however.

The quartermaster and I decided that actual horses would be too difficult to care for and keep fed, given the constraints you're operating under. So we arranged an alternative. Eisenhammer holds out a small figurine of a horse with bit, bridle, and saddle. This is a magical device that will produce a mount whenever the proper command phrase is spoken; the mounts will last you for several hours each. The magic will wear off over time, however, so try not to overuse it. He offers it to one of you.

Fredricus
2007-11-26, 04:10 PM
Gutrog

Gutrog looks at thepiles of equipment and lisened to how the statue works. After the short explanation, Gutrog picks up the two shields, one in each hand. He takes a few practice cuts. He still tries to use them as regular spiked shields bashing instead of using the blades cutting.

"I can carry the equipment you don't need, I strong" he said

ArqArturo
2007-11-26, 11:10 PM
Strong a ye may be, lad, I don't think carryin' that much bulk will do ye good. Says Eberek, as he takes a couple of Tanglefoot bags, a climber's kit, two bags of caltrops, a spyglass, and banner I think it'd be better if we distribute the equipment.

Benejeseret
2007-11-27, 12:17 PM
Thank you Gutrog, I can swallow my pride enough ta admit when my strengths ain't strength.

With careful hands, Face wraps the few blast disks in flags and banners and sets then into his pack. He inspects the bolts and places then amongst his other ammo. He ties a caltrop and tangle foot bag to his belt.

Face then attempts to lift the pack into place and strains at the effort. With a quick shuffle he collects together his portion of the kits, ropes, as well as most of his sunrods and artisan tools.

Are you able to take this lot without burden Gutrog? ((total weight about 20 pounds))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-11-29, 05:47 AM
Major Eisenhammer watches and waits for you to sort out who will carry what on your own.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-12-02, 10:55 PM
((*drums fingers impatiently*))

ArqArturo
2007-12-03, 01:24 AM
I already have what I need, sir says Eberek, fitting everything in his backpack and belt.

Benejeseret
2007-12-05, 09:27 AM
Seeing no response from Gutrog, Face hoists the load onto his own back and prepares to depart.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-12-11, 02:26 PM
The command phrase is "fiery-footed steed," Major Eisenhammer tells you.

A private comes in and goes over to the Major, where he leans down and whispers something in his ear.

I see. Well, gentlemen - and Miss Hanae - it seems that you'll be joined by an arcanist. I don't know where Command dug him up, but he should be here soon.

((Sorry for the wait, I want to get Korias's character in now, before any action has. So there'll be more delay. Sorry!))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-12-26, 02:41 AM
Another private comes running in. "Sir, the arcanist has had an accident! He tripped and fell down some stairs. We've already taken him to the infirmary; the clerics say he'll need a couple of weeksto recover."

Eisenhammer sighs. All right. Well, no point in holding you here any longer, team. We'll send you the arcanist once he recovers, to the same location that we'll drop you, so be on the lookout for him in two weeks, understood?

Hanae nods.

Benejeseret
2007-12-27, 01:41 PM
If it's so then it's so.

Face readiest himself for the transport.

[if we are ready to depart he will step into the teleport]

Fredricus
2007-12-28, 05:38 AM
Gutrog

"Good, let's go"

ArqArturo
2007-12-29, 09:36 PM
Good, will do. says Eberek.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-01-05, 02:06 AM
You appear in a clearing in a mountain forest, your ears popping from the pressure differential. You hear the sound of a nearby stream, and the singing of birds and animals in the late morning sun.

ArqArturo
2008-01-05, 12:10 PM
We're here already? asked Eberek, a bit amused where's the flashy lights and sounds?.

Benejeseret
2008-01-05, 01:02 PM
"The may have tailored it to make for the....queit, entrance we need. The less notice we leave the better."

Face hauls his gear to the edge of the clearing where he is no longer in the open. He accounts for all of his equipment and then tries to guage where they are.

"We should locate the caverns and setup a base."

Being out of his element however, with little outdoors experience, Face is at a loss as to how to find the cave from here.

(( perhaps I can make an intelligence check to find landmarks and perform Trig/math to pinpoint our location on my map? ))

Fredricus
2008-01-05, 02:01 PM
Gutrog

Gutrog breathes the fresh outdoor air, adjusts his equipment and straps on his shield.

"You are right"

Gutrog tries to find the way.

[roll0] survival

Lord Iames Osari
2008-01-05, 07:49 PM
Your current location and the caves are marked on Face's map.

Gutrog is more or less lost; his people are desert-dwellers, and this unfamiliar forested mountain side is a mystery to him.

((Everybody go ahead and make an Int check, Survival check, or Knowledge (geography) check to figure out where the cardinal directions are. With that and your map, you'll be able to make it to the caves))

Benejeseret
2008-01-05, 09:18 PM
Intelligence check to triagulate position using map [roll0]

ArqArturo
2008-01-09, 11:04 PM
Eberek looks around and oversees the map.

Rolls dice (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1457711/).

Lord Iames Osari
2008-01-09, 11:37 PM
Both Face and Eberek determine the direction of North, and from there, the direction of the caves.

Benejeseret
2008-01-10, 12:22 AM
Lining up his declination to the map, Face points off into the distance.

"I detect no logic to stand out here, shall we depart?"

He scans for any trails or animal paths leading towards the destination (search check ).

He will chose the most concealed path, opting for cover in this unfamiliar land. Face begins to travel with his crossbow cocked and readied, keeping to the shadows and cover of the brush whenever possible [hiding, but moving at nearly normal speed to keep up with party (-5) if there is cover, [roll]1d20-1 ).

Benejeseret
2008-01-10, 12:24 AM
(( Trying the hide roll again [roll0] in case it is needed))

Fredricus
2008-01-11, 04:16 PM
Gutrog

"Let's get to work" Gutrog says as he follows Face.

Gutrog didn't like ranged weapons, he preffered melee.

ArqArturo
2008-01-13, 11:40 PM
Let's start moving then. says Eberek, as he unsheathes his axe.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-01-29, 12:54 AM
You reach the caves without incident. Hanae begins to unpack her things and set up a couple of stretchers in one of the caves.

You notice some droppings and bones in the caves.

Fredricus
2008-01-29, 05:07 AM
Gutrog

"We maybe not the only ones thinking of camping here" Gutrog said

"We should check the cave and have guards all the time before we know what makes this it's home"

Lord Iames Osari
2008-01-29, 12:54 PM
((Those with ranks can make a Survival or Knowledge (nature) check to figure out what left the droppings))

Benejeseret
2008-01-30, 11:02 PM
Face peers into the deeper recesses of the cavern, a weary finger at the trigger. Unfamiliar with much in this new world the forged awaits the others directives.

(If no immediate threats appear Face will set about constructing a raised guard-post overlooking the cave entrance.)

ArqArturo
2008-02-09, 11:34 PM
Well lads, I'm good with the axe, but I'm a novice when it comes to the tree-huggin' arts, still, If whatever critter left these, emm, droppings, is still 'ere, I'll do what I'm worth says Eberek, as he looks around the surroundings.

Fredricus
2008-02-13, 07:54 AM
Gutrog

Gutrog nod "We fight it" he said having allready strapped his shield to his arm and held his sword in the other

Lord Iames Osari
2008-02-13, 03:47 PM
As you explore the caves, you find plenty of other signs that a fairly large predator lives here - or did recently.

Hanae finds a relatively dry, clean room and begins setting up a crude healing center, with stretchers and the like. You might want to leave your extra equipment in here, so it doesn't weigh you down while you're out and about.

Benejeseret
2008-02-14, 09:34 PM
"That is sound, Hanae, my frame was not meant for all of this," Face responds as he carefully places his backpack with the blast discs tucked within an natural recess in the rocks. He then takes out his rope and grapple and winds it around his waist and shoulder. He checks over the banners and other supplies are secured under Hanae's cots before returning to the others.

He takes a moment to checkout the cave for any natural deadfall or unstable rocks that would act as a trap if jostled. [trapfinding-search [roll0] ]

"It would seem few if any of us are designed for the wilderness. Yet, I cannot help but worry about the state of our cave," to just the other adventurers, "Do you believe Hanae safe for now for us to explore?"

Fredricus
2008-02-15, 05:22 AM
Gutrog

"I doubt it" Gutrog answered Face as he put down his two new shields. He was waiting forward to master them.

"The beast is our first priority, we need to secure this location"

ArqArturo
2008-02-15, 11:33 PM
Eberek leaves the backpack, and the bag of caltrops behind, leaving only his armor, shield, weapons, and a Tanglefoot Bag. Straps his shield to his arm and sighs.

Let's go says Eberek.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-02-17, 07:58 PM
((Do you guys want to spend some time getting ready for whatever is coming, or do you want me to skip right to its arrival?))

Benejeseret
2008-02-18, 09:05 PM
(OOC: sure, the only thing Face had done was to look for a rock outcrop or perch that he could overlook the entrance from [since at night he would be the main watch] )

ArqArturo
2008-02-18, 11:39 PM
((OOC: Ok)).

Fredricus
2008-02-19, 05:11 AM
((ooc: Ok))

Lord Iames Osari
2008-02-20, 01:24 PM
It's early evening before a creature approaches the cave. You hear it moving through the brush; whatever it is, it sounds like it's a sizable animal. Finally, you get a good look at it: a black bear.

((Roll initiative!))

Fredricus
2008-02-20, 02:27 PM
Gutrog

Gutrog drew his sword when he heard the noise outside, his shield allready strapped to his arm. The towering orc's posture changed, his muscles tense and stance as a coiled serpent. Somehow the hulking brute of orc looked gracefull as he moved to his place in front of the party.

[spoiler] Initiative

Lord Iames Osari
2008-02-20, 05:06 PM
((Actually, go ahead and post your first round's worth of actions, guys. More efficient that way.))

Benejeseret
2008-02-20, 11:56 PM
(Initiative = [roll0] )

((OOC, as a rogue my initiative will really determine my actions so forgive me for only rolling the one...))

Benejeseret
2008-02-21, 12:02 AM
((assuming a 25 wins initiative...will edit later if wrong))

With a notched crossbow Face analyzes the foe and quickly snaps to position. He advances and places aim to the beast's tender flank.

((assuming I can get within 30' and take the shot clearly))

to hit crossbow 30' [roll0]
damage [roll1] plus sneak att. [roll2]

ArqArturo
2008-02-21, 11:03 PM
(Initiative= 1d20+1 → [4,1] = (5))

Eberek smiles and readies his weapon C'mere, ye big furry oaf! Have a taste of me axe!.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-02-25, 12:35 AM
((Still waiting for actions from Fredricus and Art))

ArqArturo
2008-02-25, 03:50 PM
Eberek Charges at the bear, gripping his axe tightly with his sword arm as he gets closer and closer, finally, he lets off a battlecry and intents to attack the bear.

((OOC: I charge at the bear, using the Charging Minotaur [Stone Dragon], and to start the maneuver I make a bull rush attempt along with the charge: Dice roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507501/). The +2 is from the charge, obviously )).

Benejeseret
2008-02-28, 09:28 AM
(OOC: AFK until Sunday unless I can find a connection at my conference)

Fredricus
2008-03-03, 06:10 PM
Gutrog

Gutrog joins Eberek's charge. He slashes wildly with his sword and keeps his shield up to parry any attacks from the bear.

I deeply apologize that I didn't post earlier. I was abroad and I forgot to post about my absence.

Gutrog Charges [roll0], damage [roll1]

Lord Iames Osari
2008-03-03, 10:44 PM
Face's crossbow bolt strikes true, and with a yelp, the bear begins fleeing back into the forest, easily out-distancing you as it crashes through the foliage.

((sorry for the anticlimactic encounter, guys. But it had no reason to stick around after losing half its hp))

Benejeseret
2008-03-04, 12:02 AM
"It would seem the resident has offered to leave it to us."

Face emerges from the caverns and attempts to follow the beasts path with his mechanical senses, noting direction and landmarks as he sees them

spot [roll0]

Is it getting dark, what time abouts is it?

Lord Iames Osari
2008-03-04, 02:15 PM
((It's early evening. Are you following the bear as it runs away, or just watching it flee?))

Benejeseret
2008-03-04, 04:39 PM
((Watching it flee. Since Face will be on night guard usually it might help to know what direction it might return from if it ever does.))

Fredricus
2008-03-04, 05:00 PM
Gutrog

"It won't return in awhile but I don't like leaving unfinnished business" he said as he watched the bear leave

ArqArturo
2008-03-04, 11:43 PM
Eberek sheathes his axe and raises a hand as he stops his attack.

Gutrog, no! says Eberek, concerned let the beast be, 'tis better to let it run, lest the blood attracts nastier enemies.

Fredricus
2008-03-07, 03:54 AM
Gutrog

Gutrog turned to Eberek and sheathed his sword but kept his shield strapped.

"We should prepare for the night, tomorrow we start working"

Benejeseret
2008-03-07, 07:50 PM
That seems agreeable. I can take the first night watch.

(he will of course stay up the whole night as unable/unnecessary to sleep)

Face returns to looking for and constructing a perch overlooking the entrance (ideally 10' high, but unsure size of the cavern). He starts to his tasks, but often finds himself drifting towards his companions. Face is unused to working with meat-bags and is curious how/why they operate.

Gentlemen, ah...I may have been too secluded at our school and town, it seems I know very little about the two of you.

Fredricus
2008-03-08, 05:39 AM
Gutrog

Gutrog thought awhile of what to answer "My father sent me to the academy, to improve relations with his tribe and the academy." he said briefly

Lord Iames Osari
2008-03-10, 10:44 PM
((Are you guys waiting for me? I've been waiting for you guys to finish up with your roleplaying.))

The sun continues to sink in the sky as you talk, beginning to dip behind the mountains.

Benejeseret
2008-03-11, 11:05 AM
"That would make you a diplomat then? "

Fredricus
2008-03-12, 11:45 AM
Gutrog

"You could say that" he grinned

"What about you?"

ArqArturo
2008-03-14, 12:10 AM
Eberek sits down and hears the conversation between Gutrog and Face.

Benejeseret
2008-03-17, 09:12 PM
"Ah...well, I was invited into the folds of out little academy in the hopes of integrating me a little more with the citizens of our nation. My earlier experiences where somewhat...isolated. My crea.....my masters, hoped my skills would suite the aims of the academy well."

Face watches the shadows creeping across the cave and questions, "And you Eberek?"

ArqArturo
2008-03-18, 02:08 AM
Well says Eberek Me mentor had a decent enough relation with the Academy to send someone ta make it more solid, that and he thought I was ready to honor me clan as a warrior.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-03-20, 01:02 PM
The sun sinks further behind the mountains.

((*pokes players to OOC thread*))

Benejeseret
2008-03-21, 04:04 PM
"It would seem time to rest."

Face excuses himself, checks on Hanae, and then takes up his post as night watch.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-03-27, 11:59 PM
Hanae is fine; she's been keeping herself busy by organizing all the supplies and setting up a small shrine to Maia.

ArqArturo
2008-03-30, 12:11 PM
Eberek removes his chainshirt and puts it along with his backpack. Need any help with the watch? asks Eberek to Face.

Fredricus
2008-03-30, 05:37 PM
Gutrog

Gutrog sat down against the wall of the cave. He started to maintain his weapons, most of his concern was in his battered spiked shield he prefered.

Benejeseret
2008-03-31, 09:26 PM
No, I have very little need of rest. I will wake you if situations arise.

(since he will be watching and listening the entire night I suppose the best is to take 10 on both=11 )

Lord Iames Osari
2008-04-02, 12:57 PM
The first part of the night goes by without incident.

((Second set of spot/listen checks, and don't take ten, please.))

Benejeseret
2008-04-02, 03:51 PM
Mechanical eyes survey the dimmed cave as the night wears on. Every chirp and creak inspected. The crossbow remains cocked and righted by arms that never tire.

spot=[roll0], listen=[roll1]

Benejeseret
2008-04-02, 03:59 PM
Mechanical eyes survey the dimmed cave as the night wears on. Every chirp and creak inspected. The crossbow remains cocked and righted by arms that never tire.

Benejeseret
2008-04-05, 11:34 AM
(Oops, just noticed the double post. I will leave them both so you know I didn't just delete the lower rolling one :smallbiggrin:

Please ignore the second I guess)

Lord Iames Osari
2008-04-09, 12:27 AM
Nothing much seems to happen during this stretch. Certainly nothing dangerous approaches.

((And a third set of checks, please))

Benejeseret
2008-04-09, 05:22 PM

Lord Iames Osari
2008-04-12, 01:48 AM
Face spots a curious badger approaching the cave.

Benejeseret
2008-04-14, 08:32 AM
Hoping to let his companions get the sleep organics require, Face quietly grabs a small strip of jerky from a pack and throws it off and a bit behind the badges to distract it with a meal before getting near the cave. He will keep his crossbow ready and will fire and raise the alarm only if the animal continues to try and enter the cave.

(move silently=[roll0], throw meat=[roll1])

(if needed, initiative=[roll2] crossbow=[roll3] piercing [roll4] plus [roll5]. If it enters and the shot misses or does not kill/chase it off then Face will call out an alarm.)

Lord Iames Osari
2008-04-14, 09:28 PM
The piece of jerky strikes the badger's nose firmly. The animal squeals a bit and backs up, then sniffs the jerky warily - sniffs again - then eats it. It looks up at Face and regards him for a moment, then moves closer.

Benejeseret
2008-04-17, 08:40 AM
((Then I guess I'll revert to my rolls in the post above, shooting and then calling everyone awake it it fails to chase off the little beast))

Lord Iames Osari
2008-04-17, 12:21 PM
((Awww. :smallfrown: The badger just wanted to be friends... and get more jerky. Mmmm, jerky...))

Face's shot misses, and the badger retreats into the undergrowth.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-05-01, 03:01 PM
((Bumping))

Benejeseret
2008-05-01, 04:03 PM
((Sorry mates, I was waiting for others or something...dunno, guess you lot are asleep so not sure what I was expecting))

With the threat to the organics' sleep cycles averted Face returns to his silent post until the morning light.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-05-15, 01:02 PM
((I am so sorry for letting this go un-updated for so long. I had finals, and then my new job... Anyway, I finally have an update for you, if any of you are still interested.))

Hanae joins Face at the cave entrance some hours before dawn. Are you sure you don't want any sleep, Face?

Benejeseret
2008-05-15, 01:50 PM
"Ah...no ma'am. Truth is I haven't even thought about sleep in a really, really long time," the disguised warforged 'admits'. "I'm really not sure why I am as I am. There is much I do not understand as of yet."

"Should we see if the other will wake up?"

Lord Iames Osari
2008-05-17, 11:08 AM
No, we should let them sleep a while longer.

Do you think I should light a fire and start cooking some breakfast?

Lord Iames Osari
2008-05-31, 08:30 PM
((As I said in the OOC thread:))

All right, it's been two weeks since the last post in the IC thread. Game cancelled.