PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Stoker Vampire Template

yurt113
2018-06-11, 03:26 AM
Stoker Vampire Template (Update 0.02 7/21/18)
Bonuses:
Str: +8
Dex: +6
Int: +8
Wis: +6
Cha: +10
Movement Speed: Base +60 Ft.
Hit Dice: All hit dice change to a d12
Channel Resistance: +7
Natural Armor: +8
Scenes: Gains the Scent ability, Darkvision 60 ft., Tremor, Blind Scene 30 ft.

Skills:
A Stoker Vampire has a +9 Racial Bonus to Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Stealth

Feats:
Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, and Toughness as bonus feats.

Abilities:
Compulsion (Su): A stoker Vampire can Compel her target to do her bidding, this is mind affecting (DC 10 +1/2 lvl +Cha Mod) As per Suggestion. If target fails saving throw by 5, acts as Charm Monster Instead. If target fails by at least 10, acts as Dominate Monster instead. If target fails by at least 15, acts as True Domination. If target fails by 20 or more, or rolls a natural 1, acts as permanent True Domination.

Compulsion Effect --------Check Failure
Suggestion-------------------- 0-4
Charm Monster--------------- 5-9
Dominate Monster----------- 10-14
True Domination------------- 15

Vampire Swiftness (Ex): A Stoker Vampire can move with the speed of the wind with precision, she can move up to 9 times her movement speed while either making a charge attack or while retreating. If she is moving to travel she can move up to 6 times her movement speed. If she is moving while in stealth, she can move up to 2 times her movement speed without breaking stealth.

Energy Drain (Su): A Stoker Vampire can use Energy drain as the spell, but she may only use it during a blood drain on a subject if she chooses to.

Blood Drain (Su): A vampire can suck blood from a grappled opponent; if the vampire establishes or maintains a pin, it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution damage. The vampire heals 5 hit points or gains 5 temporary hit points for 1 hour (up to a maximum number of temporary hit points equal to its full normal hit points) each round it drains blood.

Born of the Blood (Su): A Stoker Vampire can utilize her Blood Drain more than most vampires, she can drink the blood of a subject and get bonuses as per the Greater consumption field spell, but instead of souls she can use a subjects blood. (1 victim counts as 1 soul)

Youthful Appearance (Ex): When a Stoker Vampire doesn't consume blood for long periods of time she can begin to show features of her unfortunate demise, if she doesn't feed she begins to deteriorate as if turning back into a corpse, but she can not die from this but she dose gain debuffs from this (see chart below), alternatively if she feeds enough she can maintain a youthful appearance.
Debuffs:
1-2 days: -0
3-7 days: -1 to Str, Dex and Cha
7-11 days: -3 to Str, Dex and Cha
11-15 days: -5 to Str, Dex and Cha
15-20 days: -8 to Str, -6 to Dex and - 10 Cha

Hydrophobia (Ex):
A Stoker Vampire has an unnatural fear of water, if she is within 30 ft. Of a large body of water (Lakes, Ocean's) she becomes shaken, if it touches her she takes 1d4 of damage per gallon of water she is either submerged or is doused in it. Anything lower than a gallon deals 1d2 damage and overcomes ALL DR.

Nature's favor (Su):
As a Force of Nature A Stoker Vampire can use the forces of nature against her pray, she can harness unnatural forces of nature in multiple ways.
-Nature’s Favors-
Children of the night (Su): Once per day, a vampire can call forth 1d6+1 rat swarms, 1d4+1 bat swarms, or 2d6 wolves as a standard action. (If the base creature is not terrestrial, this power might summon other creatures of similar power.) These creatures arrive in 2d6 rounds and serve the vampire for up to 1 hour.
Mist form (Su): she can make herself into a transparent white vapor, that acts as gaseous form.
Weather Control (Su): Acts as the spell Control Weather
Beast shape (Su): A Stoker Vampire can change into a few different Beasts of the Night this acts as the druids Wild Shape Class Feature (use Cha in place of Wis for this) but may only use the form of a Bat, Wolf, or a Swarm of Rats.

Claws (Ex): A Stoker Vampire can utilize her fingers and fingernails as deadly natural weapons, They Deal the Same amount of damage as a Monk's Unarmed Strike Table and gets stronger at the same rate, the Stokers Vampires Claws also count as Adimantine for the purposes of over coming DR.

Broken Neck (Ex): A Stoker Vampire is still bound to the laws of man, if her neck is broken in anyway it counts as non lethal damage and if her hit points reaches zero, she is knocked out for 2d6 rounds. This overcomes all DR she may have.

Create Spawn (Su): A vampire can create spawn out of those it slays with blood drain or energy drain, provided that the slain creature is of the same creature type as the vampire’s base creature type. The victim rises from death as a vampire spawn in 1d4 days. This vampire is under the command of the vampire that created it, and remains enslaved until its master’s destruction. A vampire may have enslaved spawn totaling no more than twice its own Hit Dice; any spawn it creates that would exceed this limit become free-willed undead. A vampire may free a enslaved spawn in order to enslave a new spawn, but once freed, a vampire or vampire spawn cannot be enslaved again.

Catoptrophobia (Ex): A Stoker Vampire can not see herself in either a reflection if a mirror is within sight and should be able to see herself in it, she must make a will save (10+HD+CL) or become Enraged.

Shadowless (Ex): A Stoker Vampire can not cast a shadow.

Alliumphobia (Ex): A Stoker Vampire has a strange hatred of garlic, if she can either smell it or if it is being used against her, she becomes Shaken, except that she can only retreat up too at least 10ft. Away form the garlic.

rferries
2018-06-11, 02:41 PM
I approve of a vampire template closer to the source material, but this needs a bit more work e.g. what does HD +3 mean?

yurt113
2018-06-12, 12:33 AM
I approve of a vampire template closer to the source material, but this needs a bit more work e.g. what does HD +3 mean?

HD +3= +3 hit dice lol

Eldan
2018-06-12, 02:21 AM
+3 hit dice is not a thing for templates, usually. You have to explain what you mean by that. Undead racial hit dice?

Same with BAB +3. Base attack bonus is tied to hit dice in 3.5. If you mean that the vampire gains 3 undead racial hit dice, that would be +1 BAB, as undead have +1/2 BAB per HD. Also, you would not have to list it separately. If you just want to give them +3 to attack, write something like "Stoker Vampires have a +3 profane bonus to hit with all melee attacks". Make it a bonus, not a BAB increase.

Compulsion: I would at least list a range for this. Also, abilities like this usually have a save DC of 10 + 1/2 HD + ability mod, not full HDm, that ends up ridiculously high later on.

Born of Blood: you did not actually define Blood Drain for this. You probably meant it as the vampire, but you should copy-paste it over.

In general, I think this might need another editing pass, but the basic idea works. (Also, your thread title says Stroker vampire, which gave me an entirely wrong idea.)

yurt113
2018-06-12, 10:54 AM
+3 hit dice is not a thing for templates, usually. You have to explain what you mean by that. Undead racial hit dice?

Same with BAB +3. Base attack bonus is tied to hit dice in 3.5. If you mean that the vampire gains 3 undead racial hit dice, that would be +1 BAB, as undead have +1/2 BAB per HD. Also, you would not have to list it separately. If you just want to give them +3 to attack, write something like "Stoker Vampires have a +3 profane bonus to hit with all melee attacks". Make it a bonus, not a BAB increase.

Compulsion: I would at least list a range for this. Also, abilities like this usually have a save DC of 10 + 1/2 HD + ability mod, not full HDm, that ends up ridiculously high later on.

Born of Blood: you did not actually define Blood Drain for this. You probably meant it as the vampire, but you should copy-paste it over.

In general, I think this might need another editing pass, but the basic idea works. (Also, your thread title says Stroker vampire, which gave me an entirely wrong idea.)

Thanks for the ideas! I'll revise and repost lol

yurt113
2018-07-22, 12:29 PM
Updated template!

noob
2018-07-22, 12:46 PM
So one of those vampires can use its control power on someone until the person makes a 1 and at that moment have definitive control of the target?(which takes on average 20 rounds)
which means that if the vampire can isolate people that vampire can in one day rather easily control a hundred of people.

rferries
2018-07-23, 06:26 AM
Many flavourful abilities! How closely are you following Stoker though - I notice no climb speed?

I also agree with noob about the potential domination abuse. Obviously not a problem if this is an NPC-only template, but otherwise you might want to set an HD limit.

silentpun
2018-07-27, 02:30 PM
This is an extremely minor nitpick, but why are the skill bonuses +9? As far as I'm aware, non-scaling bonuses from templates are always either +1 or an even number.

yurt113
2018-07-27, 10:39 PM
These are all great suggestions! Thank you all so much for helping me refine this lol updated template soon to come! And for those wondering I mentioned this as a pathfinder template (if it matters).