PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Tiefling Racial Feats - Tails and Wings

Gorfnod
2018-06-11, 07:49 AM
I originally posted this in 3.5 thread for a Pathfinder game but was told it belonged over here in Homebrew (makes sense). So if you guys could provide some input it would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have developed the following feats (except one that is listed simply as a reference) in order to allow Tieflings to not only get a natural fly speed but also use their wings and tails as natural attacks. The following feats are based on the Aasimar racial feat line for wings and a Lizardfolk racial feat for the tail. Everything has been slightly changed to align with the Tiefling but I believe that they are still balanced. Please let me know what you think.

EXISTING FEAT FOR REFERENCE - Grasping Tail (Tiefling)
Your tail becomes more useful.

Prerequisites: Tiefling

Benefit: You can use your tail to grab stowed items. While you cannot wield weapons with your tail, you can use it to retrieve small, stowed objects carried on your person as a swift action.
Special: If you have the prehensile tail racial trait, you can use your tail to grab unattended items within 5 feet as a swift action as well as grab stowed objects carried on your person; you can hold such objects with your tail, though you cannot manipulate them with your tail (other than to put them in your hand).

Attacking Tail (Tiefling)
Your tail becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Prerequisites: Tiefling, Grasping Tail, BAB 5

Benefit: You gain a tail slap attack. This is a secondary natural attack that does 1d6 bludgeoning damage (1d4 if you are small).
Special: If you have the prehensile tail racial trait and you confirm a critical with your tail, as a free action you can attempt a disarm or steal combat maneuver against that target.

Fiendish Blood (Tiefling)

Prerequisites: Con 13, tiefling

Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against poison. Furthermore, your tainted blood is dangerous to others and causes 1d6 points of acid damage to anyone who is an adjacent space to you when they either confirm a critical hit on you or use a bleed effect on you.

Fiendish Heritage
Your fiendish blood makes it parentage known.

Prerequisites: Fiendish Blood, tiefling

Benefit: You take a -2 penalty on Diplomacy and Disguise checks but gain one of the following benefits, depending on your Fiendish heritage.
Abyssal: You gain a +1 natural armor bonus to AC and your unarmed strikes or natural weapons are treated as chaotic for overcoming DR.
Daemon: You gain a +2 bonus on saves against death effects and disease.
Infernal: You gain acid and cold resistance 5 (this stacks with your racial resistances but not others) and your Conjuration (summoning) spells and spell-like abilities are cast at a +1 level.

Fiend Wings
Bat-like wings sprout from your back.

Prerequisites: Fiendish Blood, tiefling, Character level 10

Benefits: You gain a pair of bat-like wings that grant a fly speed of 30 feet (average maneuverability) if wearing light armor or unencumbered, or 20 feet (poor maneuverability) with a medium or heavy load or medium or heavy armor. Fly is a class skill for you.
Special: If you have the vestigial wing racial trait these wings are either improved versions of your vestigial wings or in addition to them. In either case you retain your +4 racial bonus on Fly skill checks.

Slashing Wings (Tiefling)
Your wings take on a jagged edge.

Prerequisites: Fiendish Blood, Fiendish Flesh, Fiend Wings, tiefling, Character level 11
Benefit: You gain two wing attacks. These are secondary natural attacks that deal 1d4 points of slashing damage (1d3 if you are small).

rferries
2018-06-11, 10:45 AM
Looks good. I'd even reduce some of the prerequisites - the wing feat should be accessible at 6th level (when sorcerers get access to fly).

Gorfnod
2018-06-11, 12:09 PM
Looks good. I'd even reduce some of the prerequisites - the wing feat should be accessible at 6th level (when sorcerers get access to fly).

I was just matching the Aasimar feat "Angel Wings" that currently has a character level 10 requirement. I think they are higher than level 5/6 because the mirror Overland Flight more so than Fly spells.

rferries
2018-06-11, 03:56 PM
I was just matching the Aasimar feat "Angel Wings" that currently has a character level 10 requirement. I think they are higher than level 5/6 because the mirror Overland Flight more so than Fly spells.

Righto, fair enough. :)