PDA

View Full Version : Undead hunting ranger/rogue

Reprimand
2018-06-11, 11:51 AM
I was looking through the pathfinder npc codex and found a picture that really inspired me (I cannot find it on the internet I guess it must be copyrighted or something) it was the undead bane arcane archer in the back of the book.

To be completely clear this is not supposed to be a player character its going to be a dmpc for a stretch of few weeks into a dungeon.

I was thinking of making something similar for 3.5 in terms of themeing but with a less magical focus.

Basically I want to make a ranger/rogue that is effective against undead and has the knowledge skills to be able to properly identify and deal with the majority of them using archery and as little of melee as possible but maybe a dagger (versatile), short sword or rapier if needed.

I was thinking a few acf of the rogue to sneak attack undead or take umd and use wands of gravestrike or something. Specialized arrows or bows to get around dr etc.

I was thinking favored enemies human (common necromancer race) undead (duh) evil outsiders (also use undead)

Nifft
2018-06-11, 01:03 PM
How do you feel about Scouts?

If you like them, then check out the Swift Hunter feat for skirmish damage to Undead as a Scout/Ranger.

Psyren
2018-06-11, 02:57 PM
Skullclan Hunter PrC allows you to sneak attack undead. It does not specify melee, so it should work with ranged attacks.

Troacctid
2018-06-11, 04:22 PM
What level does the NPC need to be?