PDA

View Full Version : Dimension Drop

Grear Bylls
2018-06-11, 12:32 PM
Question: If I have an enemy grappled (i.e. Carried), can I cast Dimension Door, say, 500 ft in the air, and take them with me?

Amdy_vill
2018-06-11, 12:36 PM
Question: If I have an enemy grappled (i.e. Carried), can I cast Dimension Door, say, 500 ft in the air, and take them with me?

yes but they make a save if i remember correctly

Grear Bylls
2018-06-11, 12:40 PM

Maybe previous editions, but it never mentions it in 5e

strangebloke
2018-06-11, 12:40 PM

No.

"You can also bring one willing creature of your size or smaller who is carrying gear up to its carrying capacity."

nickl_2000
2018-06-11, 12:41 PM

No you can't.

You teleport yourself to any spot in range. You arrive at exactly the spot desired. It can be a place you can see or visualize, or one you can describe by stating distance and direction.

You can bring objects along if their weight doesn't exceed your carrying capacity. You can also bring one willing creature your size or smaller who isn't over its capacity. It must be within 5 feet of you.

If you would arrive in an occupied space, everyone teleporting takes 4d6 force damage, and the spell fails.

So nope you can't take them, they have to be willing.

Grear Bylls
2018-06-11, 12:43 PM
No you can't.

So nope you can't take them, they have to be willing.

I understand I can bring a willing creature. Yes. But I'm asking, that if I am holding a creature that is within my carrying capacity, can I bring it with me?

nickl_2000
2018-06-11, 12:45 PM
I understand I can bring a willing creature. Yes. But I'm asking, that if I am holding a creature that is within my carrying capacity, can I bring it with me?

No you can't. The spell states that you can take a willing creature, since it doesn't say anything about an unwilling creature you can't do it.

strangebloke
2018-06-11, 12:56 PM

Creatures are a different class of thing in DND than objects are, plain and simple.

Consider this line from XGTE pg 78:
"Whenever an adamantine weapon or piece of ammunition hits an object, the hit is a critical hit."

Flashy
2018-06-11, 12:59 PM
In short, it doesn’t mention a save because if a creature doesn’t want to go with you it just doesn’t.