PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Crafting magic items question

LordWolfKnight
2018-06-11, 04:42 PM
i have already made a masterwork weapon in order to turn it into a +1 weapon i need to enchant it. i am playing a human wizard, artificer//bard, rogue. the wizard and bard levels were taken first. my craft weaponsmithing is a +10.

What is the DC for enchanting the weapon to +1? i would imagine that it would be the same as the masterwork weapon. i also need to know what spell i have to emulate which i need a UMD check of 20 +spell level. keep in mind i am also using craft points and have spent the required amount of gp, and xp based on the values in the DMG for the bonus. i just need the to know the dc and the spell.

ViperMagnum357
2018-06-11, 05:09 PM
i have already made a masterwork weapon in order to turn it into a +1 weapon i need to enchant it. i am playing a human wizard, artificer//bard, rogue. the wizard and bard levels were taken first. my craft weaponsmithing is a +10.

What is the DC for enchanting the weapon to +1? i would imagine that it would be the same as the masterwork weapon. i also need to know what spell i have to emulate which i need a UMD check of 20 +spell level. keep in mind i am also using craft points and have spent the required amount of gp, and xp based on the values in the DMG for the bonus. i just need the to know the dc and the spell.

Minimum caster level is 3 times the enhancement bonus of the property you are adding to the weapon-right there in the DMG in the crafting section for magic weapons and armor. For a simple +1, that is a caster level of 3. Keep in mind you still need a caster level of 5 for the feat prereq, though.

DrMotives
2018-06-11, 05:38 PM
Enchanting takes no skill check, that's the crafting part that's already finished. Enchanting takes the appropriate feat. For a +1 enhancement, no specific spell is needed. It's all in the DMG & the SRD.

LordWolfKnight
2018-06-11, 06:02 PM
thank you for the clarification