PDA

View Full Version : Best feats for a rogue with planeshift

Novir Vetru
2018-06-11, 07:00 PM
I'm trying to make a character for a 10th level campaign a friend is running. The campaign is going to take place on multiple planes. He is allowing me to use this (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Abyssal_stalker_(3.5e_Race)) homebrew race with an LA of +2 that already has planeshift, and 2 levels of this (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Elementalist_(3.5e_Class)) homebrew class that essentially makes me immune to the adverse effects of other planes. the other 6 levels are rogue. I was wondering if there are any feats that would let me shift in, attack and shift out before they got an attack in. Or perhaps anything else to help that sort of character style.

ExLibrisMortis
2018-06-11, 07:17 PM
That is... a fairly powerful race. Three greatsword-size natural attacks, at-will CL 20 SLAs, powerful build, net +16 ability scores... It's also badly written, as the claws apparently deal "2d6/1d6 poison/slashing damage", however that's parsed, the "Claw Dart" special attack has no range or use limit mentioned (I mean, it's a ranged attack, right?), and it "gains a 3d6 for 1d6 turns, to any attribute", again with no use limit. And it's not specified whether they're (Ex), (Sp), or (Su).

You can use plane shift as a save-or-lose effect, Will save or be sent to the Abyss. With your racial +4 Charisma, you'd have a pretty solid DC 20 on that save.

daremetoidareyo
2018-06-11, 07:24 PM
Planar touchstone. Bind it to oxyrhynchus for an extra attack against flat-footed Folk. And change it as needed as he gallivant around the planes

Novir Vetru
2018-06-11, 08:20 PM
That is... a fairly powerful race. Three greatsword-size natural attacks, at-will CL 20 SLAs, powerful build, net +16 ability scores... It's also badly written, as the claws apparently deal "2d6/1d6 poison/slashing damage", however that's parsed, the "Claw Dart" special attack has no range or use limit mentioned (I mean, it's a ranged attack, right?), and it "gains a 3d6 for 1d6 turns, to any attribute", again with no use limit. And it's not specified whether they're (Ex), (Sp), or (Su).

You can use plane shift as a save-or-lose effect, Will save or be sent to the Abyss. With your racial +4 Charisma, you'd have a pretty solid DC 20 on that save.

I like the tactic for the plane shift. Also even though it's not a race of my making, for the purpose of the campaign and my usage, I am modifying it like making the bonus to attribute 2/day, giving the "Claw Dart" a range of 30 ft. If you have any other suggestions pertaining directly to it, please let me know

Goaty14
2018-06-11, 11:24 PM
Send your opponents to the positive energy plane instead of the abyss, because then there is a higher chance that they'll die from the planar traits than it is that they'll die to demons. Additionally, it'd be harder for the DM to explain how the thing survived the plane.

Crake
2018-06-12, 12:30 AM
Send your opponents to the positive energy plane instead of the abyss, because then there is a higher chance that they'll die from the planar traits than it is that they'll die to demons. Additionally, it'd be harder for the DM to explain how the thing survived the plane.

surviving the positive energy plane is easy, just keep stabbing yourself over and over.