PDA

View Full Version : Help! Urgent Announcement!

Dean Fellithor
2007-09-07, 09:57 PM
I'm stuck at Home, there isn't any Game-Group this Afternoon, no games that I haven't out-played and Completed, no PC Games at the local Video game store, no space for games, but I've got a big wad of cash ($100, but with the way my life is going There is nothing in my price range that I want)

HELP ME PLAYGROUND!

Brickwall
2007-09-07, 10:04 PM
Give me all your spare money and go take a walk outside. I'm sure the weather's not deadly.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-09-07, 10:11 PM
Yes, I agree with Brickwall (sort of). I'd try to find something to do away from anything that has a screen involved. Read a book, or go find something to do outside. Sounds like you could use something like that.

Dean Fellithor
2007-09-07, 10:17 PM
Yes, I agree with Brickwall (sort of). I'd try to find something to do away from anything that has a screen involved. Read a book, or go find something to do outside. Sounds like you could use something like that.
but it's cold and raining and My books are kinda all read too....

2007-09-07, 10:19 PM
but it's cold and raining and My books are kinda all read too....

How cold is cold? And playing in the rain is fun.

Dean Fellithor
2007-09-07, 10:20 PM
How cold is cold? And playing in the rain is fun.

wearing 2 jumpers and 2 Tracksuit pants cold.

2007-09-07, 10:22 PM
wearing 2 jumpers and 2 Tracksuit pants cold.

I was actually looking for a temp. But I guess cold is relative. When most people I know start putting on heavy winter jackets, I'm still in a sweatshirt or less.

Dean Fellithor
2007-09-07, 10:25 PM
I was actually looking for a temp. But I guess cold is relative. When most people I know start putting on heavy winter jackets, I'm still in a sweatshirt or less.

at the moment I'm cold enough and Bored enough to make a deal with the devil just so there is D'n'D tonight, the DM's place is always well heated and the games are always fun!:frown:

Evil_Pacifist
2007-09-07, 10:27 PM
Man, this sure is urgent. :smalltongue:

Dean Fellithor
2007-09-07, 10:37 PM
I'm so Bored that even going to Homestarrunner.com is boring.... ='(

Cyrano
2007-09-07, 10:41 PM
When SB fails to amuse you, just jum' in duh ribbuh an' drown because you will never find happiness again. You're very welcome.

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-07, 10:43 PM
OH! OH! I know this one!

Stay Here!! :smallbiggrin:

Cyrano
2007-09-07, 10:43 PM
Meh, on a scale of 1 to 10, most of us are actually boring.

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-07, 10:44 PM
Hmm... he can entertain us, then!
That'll give him something to do.

Dean Fellithor
2007-09-07, 10:46 PM
when Garry's Mod fails to be fun, then what do I do?

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-07, 10:48 PM
Uhhh... go... dance in the rain or something!

Cyrano
2007-09-07, 10:49 PM
^^Whoe's what? Excuse me? Homestarrunner is the issue here! No possible motivation for life here, people!

Em, it's like, 12 o' clock. The most entertaining sane people can do here is getting drunk and prancing around in their underwear. Not altogether un-amusing, but neither is it....
nevermind, drinking tieeeem!

Brickwall
2007-09-07, 11:24 PM
Read a gorram book. If you don't have one, go to the library. Actually, go to the library anyway. Even if it's a good long walk in the rain. If it's warm enough not to be snowing, you'll be fine.

Gaelbert
2007-09-07, 11:28 PM
If you don't want to read, use a computer, go outside, then I would suggest you sleep, depending on the time of day it is.

Albub
2007-09-07, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I agree. I've been hunting in -65 (celsius) degree weather (with the windchill that is, actual temp was around -50) in sweatpants, boots, and a jacket. Well, gloves too, but at any rate, the human body will function in extreme temperatures with decent insulation. Also, hunting in Labrador consists of driving along a windswept snowy frozen gravel road in your heated truck until you see something to shoot, so basically you're dealing with the cold for 5-10 minute spurts until you have to clean your kills. Regardless of all that, I'd suggest purchasing a book with that $100. Wilbur Smith is an exemplary author, and most of it is kept as accurate as possible by the author. Also, if you haven't read it yet, the book "Enemy at the Gates" is the best damn account of the battle for Stalingrad ever written IMO.

The Orange Zergling
2007-09-07, 11:39 PM
Buy warhammer/warhammer 40k figures. Assemble. Paint. Repeat. Eventually go broke. :smallwink:

Dean Fellithor
2007-09-08, 12:01 AM
Buy warhammer/warhammer 40k figures. Assemble. Paint. Repeat. Eventually go broke. :smallwink:

I hate Warhammer, my Brother plays it and it pisses me off. good thing I don't live with him. :furious:

and I'd have no money with just 1 pack.:mad:

reorith
2007-09-08, 12:22 AM
do a barrel roll. that should solve all your problems.

Semidi
2007-09-08, 12:24 AM
Expand your mind dude. (Cast protection from mod smiting - These are all public domain books, 100% legal)

Thomas Paine - Common Sense
http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext94/comsn10.txt

Friedrich Nietzsche - Beyond Good and Evil
http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext03/bygdv10.txt

Bram Stoker - Dracula
http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext95/dracu13.txt

Edgar Bloody Poe (complete works)
http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/p#a481

Kafka - Metamorphosis
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/5200/5200-r.rtf

There, that should occupy your time for the next couple of days.

Gaelbert
2007-09-08, 12:30 AM
Good idea. I don't have the link right now, but I know a lot of H.P. Lovecraft's writings are legally available free on the internet.
Edit: Here's the link (http://www.tmoct.co.uk/lovecraftlibrary.html)

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-08, 12:31 AM
Or, as an alternative, write a book. It's fun, and (here's the incentive part) you get to act like it's some big deal and use it as an excuse for everything.

"Hey, how'd you like to go out to dinner tonight?"
"Oh sorry, I have to write my novel. It's sooo hard."
"I completely understand. Here, have some money."

Trust me, I've done it before. Great ice breaker at parties. And the best part is that you can write as slow as you want, it doesn't have to be great, and you never ever have to share it with anyone.

Why?
Because you are (will/could/should be) an author. :smallbiggrin:

Semidi
2007-09-08, 12:33 AM
Good idea. I don't have the link right now, but I know a lot of H.P. Lovecraft's writings are legally available free on the internet.
Edit: Here's the link (http://www.tmoct.co.uk/lovecraftlibrary.html)

Thank you for linking that. The website I used to use for Lovecraft died and I've been love-lit-less for a while.

Nibleswick
2007-09-08, 12:49 AM
Go cook something, just open the cookbook to a random page, and make whatever is on that page.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-08, 01:31 AM
*slaps Dean Fellithor

"You could have had a V8."

Dean Fellithor
2007-09-08, 02:15 AM
I believe that every day that I don't have D'n'D: Is a day wasted.

IVE WASTED 2 WHOLE ****ING WEAKS!:furious: :furious: :furious:

Kaelaroth
2007-09-08, 09:11 AM
Learn to play a musical instrument.

Teach yourself Swahili.

Put on some warm clothes, and go for a walk in the rain. I love doing that.

Dr. Bath
2007-09-08, 10:44 AM
eat an apple, or alternitively just watch the rain. I like doing that, especially if you are near any wooded or scrubland areas, even if you get wet, eventually you dry. And wet hair feels nice.

LCR
2007-09-08, 11:28 AM
Watch the shopping channel. Since you have $100 at your disposal, buy whatever you want.
I've always wanted to buy something there, but just couldn't get myself to waste money on knives and kitchen machinery.

(Of course, I bought the fabulous abs trainer ... that goes without saying ... oooh ... my abs are maaaaade of steeeeeeel .... *goes off, lifting a car*)

crimson77
2007-09-08, 12:16 PM
I believe that every day that I don't have D'n'D: Is a day wasted.

IVE WASTED 2 WHOLE ****ING WEAKS!:furious: :furious: :furious:

You could download free (or buy) quests and then solo play them. This can be a good way to tighten up your combat skills.

You could design your own world, complete with new classes, prestige classes, races, and monsters. Make a map, design cities, and everything else.

You could also go on an adventure yourself. What do our PCs do when they are bored? They go on adventures. If it is raining, cold, or both they take an extra blanket. I am sure that there are places that you could adventure to around your neighborhood.

Cruxador
2007-09-08, 01:00 PM
Yeah, just find a local dwelling place of a monstrous race (if there are no traditional monstrous races nearby, any race you consider monstrous will do), and kill them all and take their stuff.

Dean Fellithor
2007-09-08, 10:16 PM
You could download free (or buy) quests and then solo play them. This can be a good way to tighten up your combat skills.

You could design your own world, complete with new classes, prestige classes, races, and monsters. Make a map, design cities, and everything else.

You could also go on an adventure yourself. What do our PCs do when they are bored? They go on adventures. If it is raining, cold, or both they take an extra blanket. I am sure that there are places that you could adventure to around your neighborhood.

My Character generally just Travels when he's bored: to Calimshan, Lantan Anywhere that has enough Hot women to seduce!