PDA

View Full Version : Need help with concept

richardbob123
2018-06-12, 02:29 PM
so the concept is that my warlocks parton is their dead twin brother and that they have be bonded since they my character was born and i'm having trouble find what subclass works

Aett_Thorn
2018-06-12, 02:34 PM
Undying? As unoptimized as it is, it probably fits best.

MilkmanDanimal
2018-06-12, 02:39 PM
Depends on how you want to backstory it:

Brother dragged to hell? Fiend pact.
Brother grabbed by angel? Celestial.
Brother was an Elf or got dragged to the Feywild? Fey pact.
Brother vanished in some weird, unimaginable way? Great old one.

Even Hexblade . . . killed by a magic weapon, his spirit bonded to it. It's all just flavor text at that point. Any of them work.

richardbob123
2018-06-12, 02:47 PM
for hexblade do you think it could work if when both brothers where in womb one of them died and they sprite bond with the other.

MilkmanDanimal
2018-06-12, 03:01 PM
for hexblade do you think it could work if when both brothers where in womb one of them died and they sprite bond with the other.

Sure, or you could go with "Grandpa had a magic sword he adventured with, and it vanished one day when my mother was pregnant with me." Brother's spirit takes the sword away, you get older, and the spirit drags the sword back to you. Instant hexblade.

Metamorph
2018-06-12, 04:05 PM
If the idea with the pregnancy is ok for you I would go old one.

So that your "twin" was never really born as you but tried to come to your plane through your mother.

Vogie
2018-06-12, 09:38 PM
I actually see it more with the OP than with the clarification. If it's just a twin who died, that makes sense - they were clearly the more powerful of the two of you, and then you forge a pact with that ascended person who also happens to be your twin. That's not terribly unlike one of the plot points of one of Brent Week's Lightbringer series.

Dead in the womb makes significantly less sense, unless it was some sort of demigod-ery... in which case you wouldn't need a pact, as you'd already be godlike, or at the very least, bloodline based.

I do like the idea of a Hexblade pact, based off a pact with the weapon that killed the sibling. That at least makes some modicum of sense. It also brings up the existential angst of whether or not the voice you've bound yourself too is actually that of the sibling, or of something else entirely that just happens to use their voice.

Raven Queen would also work... The Sentinel Raven given at level 1 is the spirit of the dead brother made manifest, watching over their living sibling.