PDA

View Full Version : Trying to decide how to split levels between warlock and bard

Miz_Liz
2018-06-13, 02:52 PM
I'm creating a backup character that is going to be a lore bard mixed with a warlock using the homebrew Spirit of Jazz patron (http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2018/02/the-spirit-of-jazz.html) the only problem is I can't decide exactly how I want to split the levels.

It's a backup for current games, which means I can safely assume if this character comes into play it will be at least level seven to begin with. That means three levels of each to get college of lore and the tome pact boon (I'm planning on it being a packet of sheet music. The concept of the character is she presents herself as exclusively bard, she just happened to make a shady deal to get better at what she does.) My first instinct is just to take the three lock levels and run, but the features for this homebrew patron in particular are quite tempting.

Thoughts/advice/ideas? I'm not looking for perfect optimization, but obviously don't want to be a drag either. Nice thing about bard/lock is it's pretty SAD.