PDA

View Full Version : Player wants to play God Hand Gene

Pauliuk
2018-06-13, 09:54 PM
I have a player who wants to play Gene from God Hand but I am not sure if something like this already exists for 5E. Anything home brew is fine and a touch on the OP side is okay as long as its not too ridiculous. All I can think of is some monk variant which is why I'm here asking those who are wiser than me.

I was told to ask on the 5e board. Also he and I are okay with building the class as he progresses so we can test and judge the power level of the character.

MadBear
2018-06-13, 10:00 PM
I'm just here to say, that I'm really happy that the last word in your title was Gene. Because at first I thought you meant: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/199/798/0b7.jpg, and I'm not gonna lie, I was a little terrified of the game you were running.

Pauliuk
2018-06-13, 11:13 PM
Not to worry I too think that God Hand is badass.

Sexyshoeless
2018-06-13, 11:18 PM
Questions -

what level are we talking?

Seems to me a fluffed open hand monk (quick strikes, blowing people away with strikes, eventual death strike) fits God Hand pretty well. Anything stopping you from just using those mechanics and refluffing?

Pauliuk
2018-06-14, 01:02 PM
I am open to slightly editing the way of the open hand. I’m also open to ideas of how he could multi class if that also works. We are started at lvl 3

Mercurias
2018-06-14, 07:44 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Drunken Master Monk is more like Gene? That game was essentially one ludicrously long bar fight, and giving your player Disengage will let him dance all over the battlefield. Later on two levels in Fighter for an action surge might be God Hand-y, or a third for Battlemaster and some Maneuver hijinks.

Pauliuk
2018-06-14, 09:25 PM
Well Drunken Monk can use Improvised Weapons like a monk weapon and Gene does use random things as weapons.

Hotketchup
2018-06-15, 01:04 AM
I have a player who wants to play Gene from God Hand but I am not sure if something like this already exists for 5E. Anything home brew is fine and a touch on the OP side is okay as long as its not too ridiculous. All I can think of is some monk variant which is why I'm here asking those who are wiser than me.

I was told to ask on the 5e board. Also he and I are okay with building the class as he progresses so we can test and judge the power level of the character.

Of course you should let him play anything he wants, but he has to understand that if the powers he wants exists, that means NPCs can do it as well...

Remember: YOU are in control of the campaign.. if it calls for 5 Lizardmen, then make two of them powers of the opposite god..

GlenSmash!
2018-06-15, 05:26 PM
I'm just here to say, that I'm really happy that the last word in your title was Gene. Because at first I thought you meant: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/199/798/0b7.jpg, and I'm not gonna lie, I was a little terrified of the game you were running.

I've seen quite a view of my players have characters that were as ruthless and ambitions as Griffith.

If I ever presented the scenario: sacrifice what you care about the most, for you great ambition, I could easily see half my group doing it.