PDA

View Full Version : Si-Fi Homebrew for D&D 3.5 (help I'm new to this)

Blinkey
2018-06-14, 05:05 PM
Ok, so...

I've been working on a Si-Fi Homebrew, and I don't really know what to do next; I have an intro, and a hub worked out, but I'm generally better if I have someone to get ideas from/ to bounce ideas off of. However all of my IRL friends are also my players, and fellow table-mates, so now I come here.

Hopefully I can get some help!

I would share a link to what I have so far, but I can't figure out how to upload images.

lightningcat
2018-06-15, 12:04 AM
Google drive and/or google doc are wonderful for sharing.

Dragonkingofth
2018-06-15, 06:02 AM
Well first things first: yes a google drive share would be nice. . . . butttt given that you seem to be new, and you need like ten posts to make links for some (presumable anti spam reason). That might not be an option quite yet (i'm in the same boat since I lost my last account since, ya teenage me was dumb and did stuff like that) so lets go with what we have.

You say you need somebody to bounce Idea off of then? I agree, my general home brew philosophy is the community is smarter then you, so lets get started. You say you need help? in what area? Race construction? setting? equipment? monsters? feats? lay it out and so we can help as we can.

Blinkey
2018-06-17, 05:27 PM
OK, so I have some framework; They start in a space tavern, there's a mysterious figure then an explosion and a breach, some bystanders get sucked out (opportunity to be heroic), then the space police come in and start asking questions.

Then I don't know how to transition from that to the Space Hub where there's a bunch of people needing help and a broken space-ship they can start to fix.

Dragonkingofth
2018-06-17, 05:56 PM
OK, so I have some framework; They start in a space tavern, there's a mysterious figure then an explosion and a breach, some bystanders get sucked out (opportunity to be heroic), then the space police come in and start asking questions.

Then I don't know how to transition from that to the Space Hub where there's a bunch of people needing help and a broken space-ship they can start to fix.

thats. . .not really home brew that sounds more like game design problems. A homebrew would (in my view) makeing new rules for new situations (IE zero-G combat) while this sounds more akin to a system reskin, IE, D&D the dungeon has archo tech rather then magic items. Different name: Same thing.

As for this situation, transferring them to this 'space hub' is easy: There's a big hole in the station, just have the authoritys or somebody evac them to the hug which sounds like a safe and most of all: structurally integral part of the station.