PDA

View Full Version : If you were in OOTS world...

Kaelaroth
2007-09-08, 08:25 AM
... which of the party would you get along best with, and why?

Morty
2007-09-08, 08:52 AM
If NPCs count, Redcloak. Because he's a goblin and he's fighting for the right cause and overall I find his mindset not unlike mine. Otherwise, Roy or V. Because Elan is stupid, Haley is a thief, Belkar is psychopath and Durkon is a cleric. V and Roy are both most sane.

galdon
2007-09-08, 08:58 AM
he said party not individual :P

i would likely form my own friggin party, just because i like doing the strategic thinking thing and you cant do as much of that as a party member.

Morty
2007-09-08, 09:02 AM
he said party not individual :P

"Which of the party" sounded preety much like asking about an individual. Note that's "which of the party" not "which party".

Elfanatic
2007-09-08, 09:09 AM
He said 'which of the party', so I assume he (also) means individual(s).

As for me, I think that I would get along best with Vaarsuvius. Mostly because we tend to the background, but become angry when the party forgets our immense power. And yes, that I have immense power is meant as a joke.

If we are talking about NPC's, then Shojo. I like to be manipulative from time to time. And the fact that he is rich, rules an entire country and lives in a palace also helps. :smallwink:

If we are talking about party's (spelling?), then the Order of the Stick. Because while I will do the occassionaley naughty thing, I am never truely evil.

Kaelaroth
2007-09-08, 09:14 AM
Hey.

I am referring to individuals. In the party. Hence which of the party. However, feel free to state your NPC friends too.

For me, I think I'd get on well with Elan. He's not immensely smart, but he's nice, fun, inventive, and supposedly very hot. So, I think I would enjoy his company very much. :smallsmile:

On the other hand, Xykon and me have some similarities.

Dectilon
2007-09-08, 09:18 AM
I'd probably get along the best with V if I had to chose one, but if possible I'd stay the hell away from any of them as they're all killers. Killers make me nervous, I have no idea why ^^

cheesecake
2007-09-08, 09:44 AM
Miko. She likes bumping uglies err...smiting evil!

Kurald Galain
2007-09-08, 10:01 AM
Sabine :smallbiggrin:

boomwolf
2007-09-08, 10:45 AM
i would probably join nale...
or join miko if she turns demonic...nale might be cooler, but she has the right "temper" heh....

Ichneumon
2007-09-08, 10:55 AM
I think Nale.

Elfanatic
2007-09-08, 11:00 AM
For me, I think I'd get on well with Elan. He's not immensely smart, but he's nice, fun, inventive, and supposedly very hot. So, I think I would enjoy his company very much. :smallsmile:

This wouldn't disturb me as much if your gender wasn't stated as 'male'...

Or do you mean 'Elan with the Belt of Genderchangin'?

Kish
2007-09-08, 11:03 AM
At the risk of raining on everyone's parade, if you think you--class-level-less, human you--would get along any better than "Ghhkkk!" with Xykon, Redcloak, any Linear Guild member, or Belkar*, you're dead wrong. Pun intended.

For my part, I'd probably get along best with Durkon.

*Okay, you could probably survive being near him as long as you were either also near the rest of the Order or he was restrained by the Mark of Justice. That's not really what I'd call getting along with someone, but whatever floats your boat, as long as you're not deluding yourself that Belkar would actually value your life at all.

Hannes
2007-09-08, 11:04 AM
I would rather surely get along with... Umm... Roy I guess. Because he's the party fighter and strategist.

Kaelaroth
2007-09-08, 11:08 AM
This wouldn't disturb me as much if your gender wasn't stated as 'male'...

Or do you mean 'Elan with the Belt of Genderchangin'?

No. As he comes. :smile:
Nale too I suppose.

PsyBlade
2007-09-08, 11:30 AM
Roy, V, Durkon, or Haley. V and Roy, because I have an IQ of 130+. Roy, Durkon, and Haley, because they are the most sensible. Haley also because she CAN handle stupidity quite well (I have a habit of accidentally doing things wrong [though sometimes it is just from my sister's perspective]).

Moff Chumley
2007-09-08, 11:35 AM

On the other hand, Xykon and me have some similarities.

More qualities you have in common with Elan, eh? :smallcool:

Prolly V, because we both enjoy overkill, and arbitrarily charging people for things.

Daimbert
2007-09-08, 11:39 AM
Hmmm ...

Well, probably V, Roy or Durkon.

V because we share intellectual tastes, but his arrogance might annoy me.

Roy because he's smart but not intellectual, and that fits the people I grew up with.

Durkon because he believes in duty and honour ... but I don't think that the drinking would work for me [grin].

Well, maybe Haley too, but that's far more doubtful.

(And Redcloak if I had to associate with the villains.)

David Argall
2007-09-08, 02:25 PM
whatever floats your boat, as long as you're not deluding yourself that Belkar would actually value your life at all.

But Belkar does value your life...Or do you mean values preserving it? Rather than taking it?

Icewalker
2007-09-08, 03:43 PM
Probably V or Roy.

I have considered myself a bit of a advance thinker, as well as an intellectual.

The Ninja
2007-09-08, 03:58 PM
Probably Elan, Haley, or V.

If "Bad Guy" characters count... maybe MitD or Xykon.

The Ninja

Edea
2007-09-08, 07:45 PM
Haha, Elan, by a long mile. The rest of them are either far too serious, or have too many emotional problems. I say let's get invisible :P

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-08, 07:45 PM
Elan - Elan and I have many traits in common, and I think the two of us would make an awesome pair. I consider myself a Human Chaotic Good Bard 2/Paladin of Freedom 1 (don't fight the madness) and we've got very similar personalities (except I'm brighter than Elan, but I don't "not get along with people because they're stupider/smarter than me")

Roy - I would get along well with Roy; if Elan wasn't so immature and unintelligent (nothing personal, Elan) I think Roy would get along with him much better. Roy and I seem to have similar moral standpoints overall, and we both can enjoy a good joke.

Belkar - Belkar is what we call a great CHARACTER. He's hilarious in the comic, but in the real world, I would hate him. Whether he'd like me or dislike me, I would hate him. And I mean hate, not dislike. He's an evil little psychopathic murderer who I'd never want to have as a friend, companion, ally, or anything else.

Haley - I'd get along pretty well with Haley. I'm generally a giving person and she's definitely a taking person. That could either mean that we compliment each other or we would disagree often, depending on how you look at it and what situation we were in.

Durkon - Durkon is quiet and introverted, while I'm friendly and outgoing. While we'd get along, and I've had some very inward friends in the past, I don't think the dwarf and I would be GREAT buddies.

Vaarsuvius - V and I might get along, might not. The simple fact that I can't tell his/her gender and his/her moral standpoint seems completely neutral (while I'm a straight male, and I'm chaotic and strongly good) already means we're not off to a great start. We could probably have an intelligent discussion as long as it didn't get too advanced (I'm smart but geez, I'm still in school :smalltongue:) and that's about it.

Overall verdict:
Elan - 10
Roy - 8
Haley - 7.5
Durkon - 6
Vaarsuvius - 5
Belkar - 0

someonenonotyou
2007-09-08, 08:27 PM
elan, cuase he's the best and we talk on same level of absoloutly nothing, i would meet banjo in person and he the only one i can talk to with out sounding stupid cause we probley have same i.q or him a little higher but any defenlty elan. Durkon would be cool to. i would just annoy roy, V and belkar would kill me cause im not part of party. haley would like me cause she like elan.:smallbiggrin:
:elan: best buddies
:roy: GO AWAY NOW!
:belkar:*stab*
:durkon:hello human
:vaarsuvius: here take this*hand explosive paper*
:haley: wow it's like elan's non-evil twin

Rakleb
2007-09-08, 08:32 PM
God of puppets eh well *stab run away*

psychoticbarber
2007-09-08, 08:42 PM
:roy:: Because we share a very similar sense of humour.

dragonseth
2007-09-09, 01:33 AM
Definitely Roy. Sarcasm is one of my favorite hobbies. Aside from him, I think Vaarsuvius would work, as I also love to use many large words and sentences in my everyday speech. It doesn't come through online that much, interestingly enough.:smallwink:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-09, 01:56 AM
Xykon... (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0448.html):smallamused:

FireDrake
2007-09-09, 02:54 AM
Despite Elan and Haley being my favourite characters, they'd probably annoy me too much if I met them. So I'd get on best with Roy or Vaarsuvius, because they're a bit more sensible.

Outside of the order I think I'd get on best with Hinjo.

JasonDoomsblade
2007-09-09, 12:12 PM
Id wanna be like my avatar. A death knight that steals the souls of the living. Chaos and Terror will RIEGN!! MUAHAHAHA (cough)

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-09, 12:18 PM
Redcloak and V.

SurlySeraph
2007-09-09, 12:23 PM
Roy, because he's sensible, down-to-earth, and kind but sarcastic. Also Durkon, because of the honor thing. And Miko, because I don't mind acting like a sidekick for highly self-righteous people (indulging their views, nudging them in the right direction when they're being too crazy, etc.)

Tá leabhar agam
2007-09-09, 03:42 PM
hmm...

MitD - because he loves stew, occationally snorts and is generally unaware of what is good or evil.

V - an intellectual, we would discuss the inconsistencies of Rich's work, and how enlightenment can come about in minor campaign settings.

Haley - red hair, talkative rogue-economist-rogue.

Elan - hilarity would overcome the mental barrier. Favourite charachter.

dakiwiboid
2007-09-09, 05:12 PM
:vaarsuvius: because ambiguity is the spice of life. :durkon:, because I can tell ale from a pitcher of moose urine. :haley: because it's nice to talk things over with someone who understands being confused sometimes.

basilisk 89
2007-09-09, 05:27 PM
Out of the Order of the Stick, Elan. I'm only thirteen so Roy (who I would get along best with otherwise) would have nothing to do with me. Same for V. Choosing Belkar is suicidal, and Haley..... eh. Maybe Durkon, but Elan is probably my #1.

Outside of the OotS, Hinjo.

BobTheFerret
2007-09-09, 05:43 PM
I'd most like to talk to the V, Roy, Elan, and the Roaches.

My reason for V and Roy is that they are the intelligent members of the team. I can have good discussion with them on some of the topics of the world.

My reason for Elan, on the other hand, would be to find new and intriguing ways to annoy the heck out of my D&D group.

And the roaches... well, who else is at an angle to see up V's robes? :smallbiggrin:

NikkTheTrick
2007-09-09, 10:12 PM
V because I agree with him on so many things. He is the most well-mannered of the group, he can keep an intelligent conversation and he knows when situation calls for some violence. I'd get along with Haley too.

Elan is a nice guy, but too silly. I have nothing against him, but not the best choice of a companion either. Roy is probably the best commander in the OotS world, but he is too trusting for my liking. Durkon is good to have around, but is way too narrowminded for my liking. Belkar... Where did I put those explosive runes? Although I would rather deal with him than with Miko. At least Belkar is honest about being a psycopath.

Haruki-kun
2007-09-09, 10:38 PM
I'd probably get along better with Vaarsuvius, Elan, or Haley. They're the most easygoing of the group.......... alright, V isn't, but I like wizard classes :smallsmile:

Querzis
2007-09-10, 03:01 AM
Probably Haley, which is odd because otherwise I have very few female friends, or maybe Durkon. Elan would just annoy me, I would eventually punch him. I admire Roy and hes one of my favorite character but we are very different. Hes more who I would like to be then who I am. I would be more likely to try to kill Belkar then anything else. I could get along with V if I dont say lots jokes about elves and androgynous people when I met him...in other words, V would hate me. I have a lot of introverted friends like Durkon and I like his style so I'm sure I could get along with him. But I actually have lots in common with Haley. Not just the Chaotic good...ish alignement but mainly our habit to try to con everybody while we could also give some money to people in needs without getting anything back. I also saw lots of time my self-loathing (or something that look like it) trying to take control of me and Haley look in 483 is usually what my self-loathing get. But I'm a pervert so I might annoy her sometimes, especially if shes really as beautifull as she is supposed to be.

In the NPC? Shojo. Trying to fake senility to avoid problems really sounds like something I might do. Beside hes a great leader and I admire him.

In the bad guys? Nobody...I like Nale but he would just use me as a meat shield, Thog would be really annoying, Xykon would kill me just for fun and Redcloak too since I'm a human...but since I'm a pervert, maybe I could get along with Sabine:smallbiggrin:

Pajama Shark
2007-09-10, 08:41 PM
It would have to be... Elan!

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-09-10, 09:29 PM
It would have to be... Elan!

I'm basing these on how well they get along with Elan, whom I am most like.

Of the OOTS, definitely Elan. We have so much in common and we both have the same view of life.

I would also get along well with Durkon. He too seems very easygoing and he seems to be a good guy.

Haley - She might be suspicious and think I was trying to steal Elan. But since she seems to have more confidence in her relationship with Elan, we might have a better chance of getting along.

V and Roy - Well, at times there would be some tension, but I think I could get along with them.

Belkar - I'm afraid I would be too afraid for my life to truly get along with Belkar.

Outside of the OOTS

Miko - I could never truly get along with her because I would never feel safe around her. She looked to Shojo as a father figure, and look what happened to him.

Shojo - I could definitely get along with him, too. Not only was he a good character, he was also a very good person. He was complex and interesting.

Hinjo - While I think he's made too many mistakes to be an effective commander, I still think he's a good person and would like him in real life.

O-Chul - I might get along with him.

Lien - I could get along with her, too.

Kazumi and Daigo - I might end up annoying them.

Captain Axe - I really don't know enough about him to decide. He seems like a decent person.

Mr. Scruffy - I love cats, so I hope I would get along with him, too. :smalltongue:

Linear Guild

Nale - Would kill me probably because I would remind him of his brother.

Sabine - Would kill me too.

Thog - I might get along with Thog, but I still think I could get killed, even accidentally.

Team Evil

Xykon - Would kill me for fun.

Redcloak - If I were a goblin, I could get along with him. But if I were human, definitely not.

Tsukiko - Would kill me and then reanimate my corpse for fun.

Well, I think I've hit all of the major characters.

It's funny how some of the best characters (Miko, Belkar) would make terrible people in real life, and the *blandest characters (Hinjo, Durkon, Lien) would make the best people in real life.

*They are only bland because they just don't have enough development to become truly interesting characters.

Elfanatic
2007-09-11, 01:48 PM
And the roaches... well, who else is at an angle to see up V's robes? :smallbiggrin:

Somehow Vaarsuvius doesn't strike me as the type to go commando, if you catch my drift.

Kenbert
2007-09-11, 02:19 PM
What? oh come on guys ...
:haley: : She's pretty cool, and all the stuff about her greed has pretty much been explained ... she seems like she'd be fun to hang out with, the sort of girl you could have a beer with
:roy: : He's sensible and well balanced ... a good leader and he'd make a good friend.
:elan: : because who doesn't want a friend like that?

And allllllll the way at the bottom of my list:
:xykon: : He probably smells really bad.

bloodluster
2007-09-11, 02:32 PM
:belkar: :he's just that cool :smallbiggrin:

Ecalsneerg
2007-09-11, 05:09 PM
I'd have to say either Durkon or Roy. Both are fairly normal, and fairly likable. Durkon is very insightful, Roy is an excellent leader (come on, he holds the order together) and fairly "sarcy" (sarcastic)

GymGeekAus
2007-09-11, 08:51 PM
Honestly, if we were in the OoTS world, wouldn't we be NPCs? Because if that's the case, we'd probably all get along best with :elan: . He's got the highest Charisma modifier and lots of points in social skills. Assuming any of the PCs noticed us in the first place, of course.

Heck, we'd probably just be unnamed NPCs. If we were named, then we'd likely be important to the plot--that's how D&D works!

So, assuming I'm a named NPC with the personality I currently have, and that the PC's actually pay even the slightest bit of attention to me, and that there isn't a plot-driven reason for one of the PC's to react to me in a particular way to further the story, then I suppose I'd have to choose...

Oh nevermind. I have no idea which character I'd get along with best. Someone else is doing the writing, after all!

But I'd want to study magic with V.

Green Bean
2007-09-11, 09:11 PM
Roy. I have a younger brother; I feel his pain.

Ripsaw
2007-09-11, 09:56 PM
Perhaps a better question is "Who would you make the best cohort for:

LEADERSHIP [GENERAL]

Prerequisite: Character level 6th.

Benefits: Having this feat enables the character to attract loyal companions and devoted followers, subordinates who assist her. See the table below for what sort of cohort and how many followers the character can recruit.

From srd.dndonlinegames.com

I'd probably go best with V or Elan as a cohort.

Kenbert
2007-09-11, 11:01 PM
Being a cohort is a different matter ... for that I'd probably say Roy first ... I think it'd be least likely to result in my death. And I doubt most of the others would take Leadership.

Iranon
2007-09-12, 06:31 AM
Of the group, definitely Vaarsuvius. Eloquent, intellectual and passionate about what they do. Unashamed about the darker aspects of their personality but not likely to inflict harm on innocent bystanders (at least not deliberately). Neither preachy nor petty.

Durkon might not be the most interesting person, but I'd like having him around. Bonus points for regarding his god with mild disapproval and not being a total stick in the mud in spite of being extremely conservative.

Elan... would be a charming companion but I wouldn't last long without being mean to him in one way or another. Which would be like kicking a puppy.

Haley: Sugary sweet and duplicitious? I might enjoy her company for more than the visual treats, but I certainly wouldn't get close.

Belkar is not someone I'd want around if I can't give as good as I get, and compared to lvl 13+ characters I can't. In the current group configuration, I might get on reasonably well with him though as I'd gladly help him torment Roy.

I dislike Roy (I can take arrogance, crudity or self-righteousness... but not the complete package). I think he needs a few good hard kicks in the ego, and I'd gladly supply them.

If I had to choose to be someone's cohort, things would get a lot trickier... being the cohort of someone who tends to throw big-ass fireballs in the middle of a fray without regard for companions is not conductive to a long life. Probably Durkon then (responsible, and you can't top the health benefits)

Not part of the group, but honourable mentions to Miko and Redcloak. Miko is definitely someone I would like to befriend but I'm not sure she'd give me the chance before smiting the hell out of me.
Redcloak intrigues me, but I don't really know how he acts around people who aren't basket cases. Also, there's the issue of fanatical hatred directed at humanity...