PDA

View Full Version : Lore question: Halfling gods or alternate aspects.

Falcon X
2018-06-15, 08:39 AM
For the D&D lore junkies, I知 looking to make a Halfling Cleric who is a racial Supremist.

I値l be playing in Chult, but I知 not opposed to creating new aspects of deities of other worlds and races, or just playing up certain aspects of existing Halfling deities.

Fishing for ideas. Any thoughts on what god(s) might be ideal for this character?

BowStreetRunner
2018-06-15, 08:51 AM
Arvoreen would make a decent deity for a Halfling nationalist. On page 137 of F&P there is a quote worth noting about the clergy of Arvoreen. "They believe that most of the problems faced by the community are the result of courting enemies by mixing with other cultures (particularly humans), granting them allies among the few isolationist halflings."

Celestia
2018-06-15, 11:42 AM
Not about gods, but I do have a suggestion. If you're playing a halfling supremacist, then never call yourself or others "halflings." Always refer to yourselves by your subrace name, like "lightfoot," for example. And get offended whenever someone else uses the term "halfling." Act like it's your n-word. Bonus points if you call humans "twicelings."

Nifft
2018-06-15, 03:04 PM
For the D&D lore junkies, I知 looking to make a Halfling Cleric who is a racial Supremist.

I値l be playing in Chult, but I知 not opposed to creating new aspects of deities of other worlds and races, or just playing up certain aspects of existing Halfling deities.

Fishing for ideas. Any thoughts on what god(s) might be ideal for this character? I'm assuming you're in the Forgotten Realms since that's the setting I see when googling for Chult.

If that's accurate, then I'd recommend putting FR somewhere in the thread title so you get answers from people who know the lore of that setting in specific.

Not about gods, but I do have a suggestion. If you're playing a halfling supremacist, then never call yourself or others "halflings." Always refer to yourselves by your subrace name, like "lightfoot," for example. And get offended whenever someone else uses the term "halfling." Act like it's your n-word. Bonus points if you call humans "twicelings." Oooo this is good.

Maybe call the humans economy-size or family-size, since they're more than just one meal's worth.

Palanan
2018-06-15, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Falcon X
Any thoughts on what god(s) might be ideal for this character?

You might take a look at Zarus (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20041203a), who is a god of human supremacy. Should be easy enough to adapt for halflings.

Falcon X
2018-06-15, 05:04 PM
Arvoreen would make a decent deity for a Halfling nationalist. On page 137 of F&P there is a quote worth noting about the clergy of Arvoreen. "They believe that most of the problems faced by the community are the result of courting enemies by mixing with other cultures (particularly humans), granting them allies among the few isolationist halflings."
Excellent. That痴 the kind of idea I知 fishing for. Let me know if you have other thoughts.

I didn稚 put FR in the title because I知 not isolating it to FR. all my games are ultimately a modified Planescape anyway.
Now if you have an explanation for why a certain Greyhawk or Norse deity is in FR, or why a,normally, Yuan-Ti god is being worshipped by halflings, then bonus points for you.

Twice-lings: Lol.
I値l clnsider this, though my character is currently more convoluted than this. Technically I知 looking at playing a Grung who either thinks or claims he is a halfling with a skin condition. Because of that, he might be naive enough to see the term Halfling as a point of pride.
Still, I love the idea and will reconsider everything for it.
On that note, I think the old Grippli deity was secretly an aspect of the Kuo-Toa deity. I might see where that train of thought leads me...