PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Wild Shape and nature's allies

kweek
2018-06-15, 04:55 PM
First time as a druid! Stoked to summon some animals and go wild. I'm playing core 3.5 looking for recommendations to summoning nature's allies and some wild shape favorites.

Venger
2018-06-15, 05:17 PM
the definitive work on the subject (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?439991-Being-Everything-Eggynack-s-Comprehensive-Druid-Handbook). Enjoy.

eggynack
2018-06-15, 05:18 PM
First time as a druid! Stoked to summon some animals and go wild. I'm playing core 3.5 looking for recommendations to summoning nature's allies and some wild shape favorites.
Depends somewhat on level. For SNA's, the best core options, in order by which level you get them, are wolf, hippogriff, dire wolf, giant crocodile (and unicorn, for utility), dire lion/giant constrictor, huge elemental, and then after that it might actually be best summoning multiple huge elementals. For forms, deinonychus is a nice medium beater and eagle is pretty much the only flyer in that range. Dire bat is a great flying replacement at large (good maneuverability is sweet) with dire lion and polar bear as solid combat options. Plants and tiny don't offer much in core and don't offer much ever respectively, and there's not that much at huge either, though dire bear pops up at 12th. I'd tend towards just casting stuff as a dire bat. Beyond that, my sigged handbook has a buncha stuff, though it tends to be better for games with broader book access.

Venger
2018-06-15, 05:24 PM
Solid advice definitely.

In my experience, treant and tendriculos are pretty good at their respective levels. If you want a good go-to casting form, I'm a fan of legendary eagle. Dat dex. Great for shooting splinterbolts and whatnot.

kweek
2018-06-15, 05:51 PM
Killer stuff! Thanks guys!

Kelb_Panthera
2018-06-15, 06:27 PM
Have you seen the Summoner's Desk Reference (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?255219-The-Summoner-s-Desk-Reference-D-amp-D-3-5)?