PDA

View Full Version : Dragonborn Feature Idea

Ninjitsuonyou96
2018-06-15, 06:15 PM
Racial Feature - Spit Weapon:
(Accessible at 10th level Dragonborn)
You can expend the use your action and bonus action on your turn to focus your destructive energy and produce a precision attack.
Your Draconic ancestry determines the size, shape, and damage type of the attack.

Your breath attack becomes concentrated and acts as a ranged projectile attack to focus damage precisely on a single target or a ranged spray attack that can be used to focus damage in a small area.
The targeted creature/s must make a saving throw, determined by your Draconic Ancestry.
The DC for this saving throw equals 10 + your Constitution modifier + your proficiency bonus.
A creature takes 2D8 points of damage on a failed save, and half as much on a successful one.
The Spit Weapon damage increases to 3D8 at 12th level, 4D8 at 15th level, 5D8 at 17th level, and 6D8 at 20th level.

You may use your Spit Weapon a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier + your Proficiency Bonus (Minimum of 2).
After you expend the uses of your Spit Weapon, you can’t use it again until you complete a long rest.

Dragon Type -
• Black - Acid Spit
- Range of 20ft (Dex)

• Blue - Lightning Spit
- Range of 20ft (Dex)

• Brass - Fire Spray
- 5 by 10ft Cone (Con)

• Bronze - Thunder Spit
- Range of 20ft (Dex)

• Copper - Acid Spray
- 5 by 10ft Cone (Con)

• Gold - Fire Spit
- Range of 20ft (Dex)

• Green - Poison Spray/Spit
- 5 by 10ft Cone/Range of 20ft (Con)

• Red - Fire Spit
- Range of 20ft (Dex)

• Silver - Cold Spit
- Range of 20ft (Dex)

• White - Cold Spray
- 5 by 10ft Cone (Con)

ChaoticHarmony
2018-06-15, 08:40 PM
I like the spit idea, its a nice way to use your 'dragon breath' without accidentally hitting your allies, but what is the difference between the cone breath and the cone spray? I don't have the breath chart memorized or in front of me, but are the colors that get the cone spray usually the ones that get the breath line? If not, maybe consider doing it that way so that all dragon colors get a variety of shapes

Ninjitsuonyou96
2018-06-15, 09:00 PM
I like the spit idea, its a nice way to use your 'dragon breath' without accidentally hitting your allies, but what is the difference between the cone breath and the cone spray? I don't have the breath chart memorized or in front of me, but are the colors that get the cone spray usually the ones that get the breath line? If not, maybe consider doing it that way so that all dragon colors get a variety of shapes

The spray is different in regards to distance and damage, so for a smaller cone zone you get to trade for more damage really 😆