PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Made this in wrong forum, please delete

griffinguy24
2018-06-15, 08:06 PM
So, after trying to workshop a single homebrew feat in a prior thread, I decided that, instead of posting more threads, I'd just make a new thread for any homebrew feats I might make.

I welcome any and all feedback and hope that if I've made something under/overpowered, I can try and make it usable for your game table.

Multiform Mastery
Prerequisite: Wild Shape
Choose one of the following monster types: aberrations, celestials, dragons, fey, fiends, monstrosities, oozes, or plants. You may use Wild Shape to transform into a creature of that type.
All other rules governing Wild Shape, such as swim and fly speeds and maximum challenge rating, apply as usual.
You may take this feat multiple times, each time choosing a different type of monster

Natural Weapon Master
Prerequisite: Natural weapon attacks (through race, feat, class feature, spell, or magic item)
You have trained to use your natural weapons with deadly accuracy. You gain the following benefits:

You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes when using a natural weapon
When you hit with an attack using a natural weapon, you can roll one of the weapon’s damage dice an additional time and add it as extra damage of the weapon’s damage type. Once you use this ability, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
When in combat, other creatures provoke an opportunity attack with your natural weapons from you when they enter your reach

Summoner
Prerequisite: able to cast spells
You are able to summon creatures with greater variety, and with less effort.

You add the spells find familiar, find steed, and conjure animals to your spell list
If casting a spell that conjures a creature to do your bidding requires concentration, you may cast a second spell requiring concentration simultaneously

MrStabby
2018-06-15, 08:12 PM
So, after trying to workshop a single homebrew feat in a prior thread, I decided that, instead of posting more threads, I'd just make a new thread for any homebrew feats I might make.

I welcome any and all feedback and hope that if I've made something under/overpowered, I can try and make it usable for your game table.

Multiform Mastery
Choose one of the following monster types: aberrations, celestials, dragons, fey, fiends, monstrosities, oozes, or plants. You may use Wild Shape to transform into a creature of that type.
All other rules governing Wild Shape, such as swim and fly speeds and maximum challenge rating, apply as usual.
You may take this feat multiple times, each time choosing a different type of monster

Natural Weapon Master
Prerequisite: Natural weapon attacks (through race, feat, class feature, spell, or magic item)
You have trained to use your natural weapons with deadly accuracy. You gain the following benefits:

You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes when using a natural weapon
When you hit with an attack using a natural weapon, you can roll one of the weapon’s damage dice an additional time and add it as extra damage of the weapon’s damage type. Once you use this ability, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
When in combat, other creatures provoke an opportunity attack with your natural weapons from you when they enter your reach

Summoner

You add the spells find familiar, find steed, and conjure animals to your spell list
If casting a spell that conjures a creature to do your bidding requires concentration, you may cast a second spell requiring concentration simultaneously

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?15-Homebrew-Design

This is the forum you are looking for.

griffinguy24
2018-06-15, 08:16 PM
Thank you. I apologize for my error

PhantomSoul
2018-06-15, 08:21 PM
You might get more useful responses from the homebrewing forum, especially since at least one of them (Natural Weapon Master) has already received a dedicated thread here.

Multiform Mastery

That can be incredibly powerful and give massive variety -- you may want to look at the creatures directly, especially since the difficulty of all creatures isn't really identical at the same CR across types, in large part because of quite different sets of abilities. Another thing to consider is that this could apply to multiple sources and homebrewed creatures, whether they exist yet or not.

Natural Weapon Master

(Thread for this one)

Summoner

I'm not sure if what you've written is what you mean it to be (it could be, though!).

As written, point 1 doesn't give you the spells -- it just adds them to your list. For non-spellbook spells-prepared classes that means you can choose from them, but for a spells-known caster (or a spellbook caster) that isn't how it would work, as you'd still have to use a spell known or scribe the spell. (Also, multiclassing adds the question of which list(s) it gets added to.)

The second ability is quite odd as written: it seems that you not only break the one-spell concentration limitation in a way far more powerful than the Sorcerer can (twin is more restricted and it's the same spell), but additionally you cast two spells of any level at the same time so long as one is a concentration-requiring creature-summoning spell and the other is any spell that requires concentration. It's incredible for action economy AND for concentration-freeing.

MrStabby
2018-06-15, 08:21 PM
Thank you. I apologize for my error

Hey, no problem. If we call a mod I am sure it can be moved.

griffinguy24
2018-06-15, 08:35 PM
Hey, no problem. If we call a mod I am sure it can be moved.

I've already posted a copy to that forum.

griffinguy24
2018-06-15, 08:46 PM
You might get more useful responses from the homebrewing forum, especially since at least one of them (Natural Weapon Master) has already received a dedicated thread here.

I really appreciate the effort you've put into my feats, but I agree. I now have a new thread here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?561515-Griffinguy24-s-Homebrew-5E-Feats-Help-appreciated!'

If you could repost your response there, I would highly appreciate it and comment there.

If a mod could delete this thread, I would appreciate it.