PDA

View Full Version : Pack learders

Bmo
2018-06-16, 08:07 AM
I have a short campaign idea where several benign barbarian tribes have suddenly been put under one rule and now pose a threat to a near by kingdom as they are being controlled and cursed with lycanthropy in great numbers.

My problem is that i can't come up with a good leader for this werewolf army. An obvious answer would be a deranged wizard or maybe even a litch but i want something with a bit more flair or twist to it. I dont know the creatures of d&d that well so im looking for suggestions.

SiCK_Boy
2018-06-16, 08:49 AM
A vampire probably fits the theme even better.

You could also create a homebrewed werewolf with druid or sorcerer levels.

The leader could also just bit the former barbarian tribe leader, and those monsters are not even aware of the curse having befelled them. They just continue in their barbarian ways, with their own tribal habits and customs; only now, they prefer to eat their enemies rather than just kill them, and they go a bit frenzier / crazier around the full moon.

If the curse was a deliberate thing put upon these people by some entity, maybe you should think about why someone or something would want to do that. Knowing the goal / purpose of the curse-bestower should help you in determining who / what he is. For example, if you give it a religious twist, maybe the leader is a high level cleric of Malar.

Bmo
2018-06-16, 09:17 AM
A vampire probably fits the theme even better.

You could also create a homebrewed werewolf with druid or sorcerer levels.

The leader could also just bit the former barbarian tribe leader, and those monsters are not even aware of the curse having befelled them. They just continue in their barbarian ways, with their own tribal habits and customs; only now, they prefer to eat their enemies rather than just kill them, and they go a bit frenzier / crazier around the full moon.

If the curse was a deliberate thing put upon these people by some entity, maybe you should think about why someone or something would want to do that. Knowing the goal / purpose of the curse-bestower should help you in determining who / what he is. For example, if you give it a religious twist, maybe the leader is a high level cleric of Malar.

These are great pointers thank you.

Quoxis
2018-06-16, 11:00 AM
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Wolfwere

Bmo
2018-06-16, 11:43 AM
That's actually pretty kool.