PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spells for the Domain of the Clean Kill?

Palanan
2018-06-16, 03:15 PM
I’m working on a homebrew catfolk deity whose domains include one for the clean kill, which is esteemed as the epitome of skill and grace.

What spells would be appropriate for this domain? Does Pathfinder have a version of Hunter’s Mercy or something similar? Ideally I'm looking for spells which could enhance natural or simple weapon attacks.

Psyren
2018-06-16, 03:33 PM
Is the domain homebrew too, or did you get that from somewhere?

Palanan
2018-06-16, 03:39 PM
The domain is my own brew, but I'd like to use official Paizo spells for it. Anything that helps a hunter kill as quickly and cleanly as possible.

Psyren
2018-06-16, 03:58 PM
Let's see...

Deathwatch (make sure they're dead) or Sleep (for a coup de grace) would be good at level 1.

You probably want a death spell or two in there, like Slay Living, Finger of Death or Destruction. They're not as definitive as they were in 3.5 but they can still one-shot targets (especially if Empowered or with CL boosters) and interfere with raise dead.

At 9th, Soul Bind keeps them dead (even vs. TR or Miracle) while Wail of the Banshee or Implosion lets you take out multiple targets.

Darth Ultron
2018-06-16, 05:39 PM
If you are making a domain, it is always nice to add a new spell or two. That way it makes it unique. You don't just want Cat's Grace as the second level spell.

Like by 'clean kill' you want 'hunter effects'?

You can always start with official spells and give them a domain twist.