PDA

View Full Version : Summon demon switch

Aurosman
2018-06-16, 10:40 PM
So going over the warlock spell list I realised they got summon greater devil, and I was wondering, would allowing a celestial warlock to summon celestials with the spell be too broken?

They would only be able to summon a pegasus, couatle, a unicorn, or a deva with a higher spell slot.

I haven't played enough of 5e to know if this would break the game too much so I figured I would ask the playground.

Naanomi
2018-06-16, 11:20 PM
It would give them a lot more healing power than Arcane casters generally have; and of course Celestial are likely to be *much* safer to summon and more cooperative than fiends... probably wouldn’t ‘break the game’ but definetly stronger than equivalent fiends on that alone

MaxWilson
2018-06-16, 11:22 PM
So going over the warlock spell list I realised they got summon greater devil, and I was wondering, would allowing a celestial warlock to summon celestials with the spell be too broken?

They would only be able to summon a pegasus, couatle, a unicorn, or a deva with a higher spell slot.

I haven't played enough of 5e to know if this would break the game too much so I figured I would ask the playground.

Celestials tend to be quite powerful for their CR. Moreover, unlike demons, they don't have the downside of ripping you to shreds at the first opportunity.

I would not recommend this change.

Aurosman
2018-06-17, 12:24 AM
I didn't see it before, but what about the conjure Fey spell? Keeping it word for word but changing the type to celestial would still have a chance for it to attack if you stop concentrating on it. And you can only cast it once a day(or twice if you are level 20).