PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Suli Bloodrager - Swapping Bloodline Powers?

Gorfnod
2018-06-17, 08:41 PM
I have a player who is interested in a Suli with the Elemental Bloodline from the Bloodrager class. The question she had for me was instead of having to pick a single Elemental Bloodline, could she use all 4 because of her Suli heritage?

Her suggestion is that upon bloodraging she would be able to select a different elemental focus and this would effect her abilities and elemental type for damage and bonus spells.

My gut says that the Elemental Bloodline is kind of weak anyways so it shouldn't be a big deal but I'm curious what you all think? Any suggestions on making this work?

Psyren
2018-06-17, 10:58 PM
It should be fine as-is (depending on the other members of the party) but if you truly want there to be some kind of tradeoff, take some inspiration from the Mongrel Mage (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo-sorcerer-archetypes/mongrel-mage/) sorcerer archetype and apply that to the Bloodrager's bloodline.

Kurald Galain
2018-06-18, 03:54 AM
My gut says that the Elemental Bloodline is kind of weak anyways so it shouldn't be a big deal

I agree. Even with this addition of picking your element each time you 'rage, the elemental bloodline is still kind of weak anyways.