PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Level 20 Dread Necromancer question

thedarkcrash
2018-06-18, 06:10 AM
my character is 20 levels straight Dread Necromancer, what is the strongest thing in any of the d and d books or supplements (excluding drag mag) that I can revive with animate dead? or is there some cheese I might not know about to get an even stronger undead companion?

Deophaun
2018-06-18, 07:46 AM
Stronger undead companions:
Animate dread warrior: Unapproachable East. Humanoids with class levels,
Create undead: Bone/corpse creature template from BoVD, gives you undead that keep their special abilities (though it does not give you control; you need to get that through other means).
Animate dead: Dragons. They have special rules for zombies and skeletons that let them break the HD limit.

Zombie hydras are also popular as they still get all their attacks.

Elrak
2018-06-18, 08:12 AM
If you nab "Awaken Undead", then cryo/pyro hydras may be even more interesting for the (ex) abilities. Although there may be some debate as too the extent of what that may entail for fast healing and the breath weapon.

ViperMagnum357
2018-06-18, 11:37 AM
If you are willing to invest Awaken Undead, the Jarilith makes one of the strongest zombies, out of MM2. Outsiders rarely leave behind corpses, so getting several will be a challenge, but once you restore their extraordinary abilities they can give all but the largest zombie Hydras a run for their money.