PDA

View Full Version : Huge at level 4

GoldenChaos
2018-06-18, 09:09 PM
So I play Pathfinder and I'm creating a character to replace mine and I think I figured out a way to make him have an ace up his sleeve. But I wanted to make sure there's nothing my gm can dispute.

Basically I would be a skinwalker(seascarred) bloodrager with the abyssal bloodline. At level 4, while raging, he would become a large creature and I wanted to know if he cast enlarge person if he could then become large.

If there is any problems with this character please note them as I would not want to start a debate in the middle of a session.

JoeJ
2018-06-18, 11:14 PM
That sounds like something that's more likely to work if you don't take the GM by surprise. Your best bet is to bring it up with your GM between sessions.

noob
2018-06-19, 04:36 AM
So I play Pathfinder and I'm creating a character to replace mine and I think I figured out a way to make him have an ace up his sleeve. But I wanted to make sure there's nothing my gm can dispute.

Basically I would be a skinwalker(seascarred) bloodrager with the abyssal bloodline. At level 4, while raging, he would become a large creature and I wanted to know if he cast enlarge person if he could then become large.

If there is any problems with this character please note them as I would not want to start a debate in the middle of a session.

While you might end up huge it will not be a that much big benefit: enlarge person override the normal bonus of gaining a size category by a +2 str -2 dex(both being size based) and so it will not only not stack the bonuses from the size gain of raging but it will also not provide a huger boost than the one of the rage.
So the only gain is with weapon sizes and size modifiers.
Also there is weird rules about weapon size change stacking which might prevent that from giving twice bonuses from growing weapons(but you can drop on the ground a weapon for huge creatures before raging and using enlarge person then pick up the weapon or else the huge weapon will become huger)
So yes pathfinder is made for making size change other than the ones for monsters extremely confusing.

Oh and enlarge person have a defined change to your reach and occupied space only when growing from medium to large otherwise the change is entirely undefined.

And abysal works the following way:

At 4th level, when entering a bloodrage, you can choose to grow one size category larger than your base size (as enlarge person) even if you aren’t humanoid.

So it does not stacks with enlarge person since enlarge person specifies it does not stacks with other magical size changes.

CharonsHelper
2018-06-19, 06:45 AM
So it does not stacks with enlarge person since enlarge person specifies it does not stacks with other magical size changes.

+1 to this.

They don't stack.

There are ways to become Huge, but I'm not sure about at level 4, and as noob said, it's not really all that beneficial.

Big things are scary because they're super strong & tough, but gaining size doesn't make you much stronger/tougher. The biggest advantage of gaining size is probably the extra reach, but unless you're up against something else with 10ft or 15ft reach, going FROM 10ft to 15ft doesn't give a significant advantage other than a bit more battlefield control.

Final note: You should probably have posted this in the 3.5/d20 forum.