PDA

View Full Version : Ways of getting extra turning

bugsysservant
2007-09-08, 02:44 PM
Really, the title says it all. Besides a high charisma or the feat "extra turning," is there any way of getting more turning attempts per day?

yango
2007-09-08, 02:45 PM
Nightsticks, an item from Libris Mortis, give extra turning attempts.

Quietus
2007-09-08, 02:46 PM
Nightsticks, an item from Libris Mortis, give extra turning attempts.

These, however, can be seen as excessively cheesy, particularly in combination with Divine Metamagic.

Kurald Galain
2007-09-08, 02:49 PM
There's also some domains that grant extra turning (or turning of elementals and so forth, if you're interested in that). Also, I've seen a build where one's cohort could "transfer" turn attempts to the "main" character.

And yes, nightsticks are made of cheese.

Bassetking
2007-09-08, 03:14 PM
Yes, you'll pick up a number of additional turning attempts with any of the elemental domains. (Fire, Air, etc.).

Ditto
2007-09-08, 05:35 PM
Multiclassing always gives you another set of "3+Cha" turnings to play with.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-08, 05:36 PM

How so? Cleric/Paladin?

Drider
2007-09-08, 05:42 PM
How so? Cleric/Paladin?

cleric 1/cloistered cleric 1?

MrNexx
2007-09-08, 06:09 PM

Actually, no it does not. Turning levels stack, not add additional attempts.

Justyn
2007-09-08, 06:26 PM
A cloak of charisma give a bonus to charisma; therefore, it gives you more turn attempts.

And, as it was stated before, the elemental domains. Don't forget, if you have more than one sorce of turn attempts, you get more of a bang out of the Extra Turning feat.

Actually, no it does not. Turning levels stack, not add additional attempts.

Can you cite where is says that for me? I want to read the exact wording.

bigbaddragon
2007-09-08, 06:57 PM
Reliquary Holy Symbol (MIC page 120, 1000 gp). It gives an extra TU attempt for each of these prerequisites you meet:
- at least divine feat
- at lest 5 ranks in Knowledge Religion
- Improved Turning feat

yango
2007-09-08, 08:39 PM
These, however, can be seen as excessively cheesy, particularly in combination with Divine Metamagic.

Divine Metamagic MAKES anything to do with turning cheesy, not just Nightsticks.

knightsaline
2007-09-09, 05:14 AM
cleric 1/cloistered cleric 1?

I quote the sage on this,

Is it possible for a character to multiclass with two variations of the same class, such as a multiclass telepath/egotist?
No.
All variations of a given class are concidered the same class for the purpose of multiclassing

Sage from Dragon is considered official.

kpenguin
2007-09-09, 05:50 AM
Take the Radiant Servant of Pelor class. It'll effectively double your turn attempts, half of which you can use on divine feats and the other half you can use to utter destroy most low HD undead.

MrNexx
2007-09-09, 02:09 PM

You know what, it doesn't specifically say that in the SRD, and I can't find it in the books, either. I may have been interpreting an old house rule, which just stacked levels, as part of the rules.

Renx
2007-09-09, 05:22 PM
Um... I don't think the elemental domains give you extra turning *attempts*, they just allow you to turn opposing elementals and rebuke aligned ones.

Cast a persistent Empowered Eagle's Splendor. That's up to +7 charisma which counts for turning attempts. Wear +charisma items, cast your metamagic and remove them.

Roderick_BR
2007-09-09, 06:19 PM
A cloak of charisma give a bonus to charisma; therefore, it gives you more turn attempts.

And, as it was stated before, the elemental domains. Don't forget, if you have more than one sorce of turn attempts, you get more of a bang out of the Extra Turning feat.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/cleric.htm
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/paladin.htm
When a paladin reaches 4th level, she gains the supernatural ability to turn undead. She may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier. She turns undead as a cleric of three levels lower would.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/multiclass.htm
In the special case of turning undead, both clerics and experienced paladins have the same ability. If the character’s paladin level is 4th or higher, her effective turning level is her cleric level plus her paladin level minus 3.

Notice that it stacks both class levels, so one can assume that you gain the basic "3+Cha bonus" only once. It's like a ranger/druid or a wizard/sorcerer that stacks their classes levels to determine their companion, or familiar abilities, instead of getting 2. You can argue with your DM to give you more attempts, but as it's written, you doesn't seems to get more uses.

Hario
2007-09-09, 06:38 PM
Um... I don't think the elemental domains give you extra turning *attempts*, they just allow you to turn opposing elementals and rebuke aligned ones.

Cast a persistent Empowered Eagle's Splendor. That's up to +7 charisma which counts for turning attempts. Wear +charisma items, cast your metamagic and remove them.

Eagle's splendor and + charisma items usually have the same type of bonus (like a cloak of charisma, unless you set the bonus as untyped or things like a sacred or profane bonus, they will not stack, so cloak of charisma/eagle's splendor do not stack

Renx
2007-09-10, 01:57 AM
Eagle's splendor and + charisma items usually have the same type of bonus (like a cloak of charisma, unless you set the bonus as untyped or things like a sacred or profane bonus, they will not stack, so cloak of charisma/eagle's splendor do not stack

True enough. Also, you don't even need to make it persistent.