PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spellslinger 1 / Eldrtich Archer 5

Nosta
2018-06-19, 11:18 PM
I Was thinking of doing Spellslinger 1 / Eldrtich Archer 19
But I so a Build using Spellslinger 1 / Witch (Havoker) and I'd like to know how to go about it. I know nothing but the kineticist class) I tried looking at it but i was having trouble grasping it, but it seems to be what i want for my build

I am not sure what i should choose for the class features i get to pick with this build

Eldonauran
2018-06-20, 12:13 AM
So, you want to give up the ability to make Melee spellstrikes? Quite a few of the Magus spells are touch attacks to mesh with its key ability, so you’ll want to extend their range. Perhaps Reach Spell. I have developed a love for a different metamagic feat, just because it turns elemental damage into physical damage, letting you ignore pesky things like resistance or immunity. Benthic Spell (Metamagic).

Are you sure you want to go with Eldritch Archer? You really aren’t gaining anything you won’t already have through the Spellslinger’s ability to channel spells through the rifle, except more BAB and some Magus Arcana. If damage is your goal, using the Conductive property with the firearm and channeling a high damage ability through it seems more potent. Something like a kinetic energy blast or a channel energy Ray.

Kurald Galain
2018-06-20, 12:59 AM
Check out the Magus guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus).

Note that while Eldritch Archer is very powerful, its ranged spellstrike ability really isn't. Doing a full attack with arrows plus casting Scorching Ray normally will give you more damage than attaching the Scorching Ray to one of your arrows.

Nosta
2018-06-20, 09:24 PM
Ok I've seen the guide

my question is

what spells are best suited for me with my arcane gun and range spell strike ability ?

going to start at level 6 (Magus 5)

Nosta
2018-06-20, 10:31 PM
Updated the first post with my updated build idea
I feel this more for what i'm looking for

Nosta
2018-06-20, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE= [/QUOTE]

well I am looking at a Spellslinger (1) X Witch (Havoker) 19

but i need a lot of help as i have no idea where to being with for feats, class features and such

Eldonauran
2018-06-21, 12:28 AM
Here is a link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?504501-Spellslinging-Havoker-(Witch)-Advise-please) of my first attempt at building the Spellslinger/Havoker. Post 6 outlines my feat choices. I even detail some of the better spell choices to use with Reach Spell.

Not sure if the DM/GM will allow you to get hexes like I did, but if not you can choose a different race.