PDA

View Full Version : Highschool Crowds [IC]

JNAProductions
2018-06-20, 11:45 AM
Third period. Home economics.

Antonio is there. And you're sitting at a table with him, working together! This is the most excited you've been since getting to high school!

What do you say? What do you do? You barely even heard what the assignment you're supposed to be working on is!

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?561859-Highschool-Crowds-OOC&p=23164870#post23164870)

gemohandy
2018-06-20, 12:36 PM
(Beatrix Everton)

There are probably things that you could say to him, but you really don't know what. You've been out of the dating scene for a while, you have no idea how to speak to a boy! Then there's the other girls at the table...One of them is clearly very wealthy, you're pretty sure one of them is a class rep, and the third one looks rather creepy. No, you will get Antonio's attention, but not here. Not now. Not with so many other people around. And definitely not without a proper plan.

You decide to throw yourself into the assignment. You may have only barely heard it, but you still heard it, so you should be able to at least get a good start. Besides, maybe if you do really well, he'll be impressed by your skills. He clearly likes this sort of thing, or he wouldn't have joined the class, right?

Illven
2018-06-20, 12:48 PM
Hello Antonio. Lissa says bright, extending her hand. My name is Lissa Delacroix. The Delacroix family being wildly known in illegal and legal circles. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Nautilust
2018-06-20, 05:01 PM
Hey there, I think we've met a couple times, my name is Morrigana. Yours is . . . Antonio, yeah, Antonio. What kind of things do you enjoy Antonio?

Morrigana probably heard enough to get the assignment done, so she'll get that done as quickly as possible. Then she'll return to doing what she wants to do, writing characters, writing fiction, maybe play some Pokemon in her backpack or under the table.

JNAProductions
2018-06-20, 07:14 PM
"A pleasure to meet you all," he says, his tone peaceful, but with an undercurrent of something else. "Why don't we focus on the project at hand, and then get to know each other a little better?"

First roll! My advice is: Don't use any limited-use abilities on this, since Antonio is not eh real protag.

Opposed roll, unlocks a special scene:
Allure d8
Luck d5
Skill d6
Conflict N/A

For those of who are first time players, here's how this works. You will state what powers you are using as well as totaling up the bonuses. You will NOT, however, actually roll. Once all players have posted, I will roll at once, and the winner gets a special scene.

The d8, d6, d5, etc. up above is the base die you roll. So, if you go Allure, you get 1d8+whatever bonuses you have. Luck, 1d5+bonuses. Conflict is not available for this roll.

gemohandy
2018-06-20, 07:33 PM
Beatrix is going to focus on doing the assignment, and doing it right. She's not planning on flirting, and she's not leaving this to chance.

Going with the Skill check. It's Beatrix's strong score, so that's a +1. As well, there are clearly options available other than the Skill check, so I'm using Renaissance Lady, giving another +1. Average of 5.5 (3.5 average on a d6, +2) seems pretty good.

Nautilust
2018-06-20, 07:45 PM
Morrigana doesn't truly care, she's just trying to get done with the assignment so she can do her own thing. She tried to be polite to Antonio and that didn't work.

She's not trying to be cute, or really ace the assignment or anything. I'm gonna go with Luck 1d5+1.

Illven
2018-06-24, 10:47 PM
Lissa wasn't planning on flirting, it's just a top heavy girl in a low cut gi does alot of accidental flirting when leaning over in excitement.

Neutral allure, gorgeous gi. +2 total

JNAProductions
2018-06-25, 10:37 AM
Beatrix: [roll0] I don't think Cosplay would apply here, since it's skill and not allure. But I think it might give you the option of having +2 to allure, so that'd be a better choice-so, if it's a close call, I'll add +1 to your score to represent the increased average of 1d8.
Morrigana: [roll1]
Lissa: [roll2]

Antonio drifts towards Beatrix as she throws herself into the work. While he does chat to the other two a little, it's clear most of his attention is on Beatrix.

Once class is over, you start to head to lunch. But Antonio stops Beatrix, and talks to her in private.

"Hey, you seem real interesting," Antonio says, blushing a little. "That... That came out wrong, sorry. I mean, you're cool. I mean... Dammit, I'm just flustered. You're so beautiful and awesome, I'm just... Stunned."

"Listen-why don't we head somewhere private? There's something I want to show you."

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?562238-Highschool-Crowds-Special-Scene&p=23176387#post23176387

Private thread for a short scene.

Morrigana finds herself walking alone towards lunch-she can try to find a table with others, or just sit alone.

Lissa, though, has a few young, red-blooded teenage males going with her, who noticed her... assets, during home economics.

Illven
2018-06-25, 10:56 AM
Hello, Johnathan, Ryan, and Jordan, how are you today! Lissa waved happily, her... usual crowd coming with her to lunch.

JNAProductions
2018-06-25, 11:02 AM
"We're good," Jonathan replies.

Ryan smiles and asks "You like your new group in home ec?"

Jordan, as usual, stays quiet, being not the talkative sort, and simply puts his best efforts into not staring.

Illven
2018-06-25, 11:08 AM
They're pretty cool, but they aren't very talkative. Jordan might really like them! Lissa said brightly.

JNAProductions
2018-06-25, 11:17 AM
Jordan nods, and says a quiet "Thanks."

"You should try introducing us sometime," Ryan says.

Illven
2018-06-25, 11:55 AM
I will, maybe when we all sit down for lunch? Lissa offers.

Nautilust
2018-06-25, 04:01 PM
Morrigana will find the best table she can and sit there, preferably empty and by a window. She has a few friends, if they decide to join her. She has a well-packed lunchbox, so she doesn't go through the line.

JNAProductions
2018-06-26, 12:12 PM
Lissa and Morrigana see Beatrix again, flanked by two people, a tall black teenager and a cute, brown-haired teen. They're talking to each other, and when Beatrix points you out, the man heads for Morrigana and the woman for Lissa.

Hello, the man says when he reaches Morrigana. Do you mind coming with me? I need to check your brain.

The woman comes quickly towards Lissa, a light bounce in her step, and says Nice to meet you! when she reaches the table. Do you guys mind if I borrow Lissa for a few? I need to make sure she's okay and not a demonspawn.

"Wait what?" one of the boys says as the woman takes Lissa's hand and absconds with her.

Illven
2018-06-26, 01:26 PM
Oh wow, pretty lady! Lissa remarked as she followed the woman.

Nautilust
2018-06-26, 03:25 PM
I'm sorry . . . what? I don't need a shrink.

JNAProductions
2018-06-26, 03:28 PM
Oh, nothing like that. I'm just worried a demon invaded your brain and laid seeds of evil there! the man says.

Over by Lissa, she replies, saying Thank you! as she reaches where Beatrix is.

Nautilust
2018-06-26, 03:46 PM
Oh, OK. I should be resistant to mind magic, I'm part fairy. But wouldn't want a Demon doing anything to me, I guess.

JNAProductions
2018-06-26, 03:53 PM
Right... So, mind coming with me? he asks.

Illven
2018-06-26, 04:04 PM
So what now? Lissa replied.

Nautilust
2018-06-26, 04:09 PM
OK means OK, are you deaf?

JNAProductions
2018-06-26, 04:30 PM
Yes, he answers, and leads her over to where the others are.

Okay, all here! the woman says. Follow me-we probably shouldn't do this in the middle of the cafeteria. Also, I'm Hajime, and that's Burner!

Burner nods, and says Nice to meet you guys.

Hajime leads you around the corner to the base of an empty stairwell, and starts looking into your eyes. Let's see, let's see...

Rolling time for the protags!

For Hajime, unopposed, 1 VP, DC 5:
Allure d7, for being charming and personable.
Luck d6, for saying the right things without knowing it.

For Burner, opposed, 1 VP:
Conflict d5, for showing you're top dog.
Skill d7, for showing your talents.

gemohandy
2018-06-30, 04:00 PM
Beatrix is still a bit hesitant around boys. Between her first date, and the fact that a guy she liked turned out to be a demon who lured her to a deserted tower and ambushed her...yeah. She's going to hold off on boys for at least a little while.

Hajime, on the other hand...she's a superhero/magical girl/cyborg/robot! What's not to like about that? Plus, she obviously has skill with fighting demons, so she's probably not one herself. Talking to her seems like a much better option.

Of course, Beatrix isn't going to just talk about any random thing...

First off, going with Hajime's d6 Luck roll. The Allure roll has a higher dice, but I've decided not to be in cosplay unless it makes sense, which it doesn't right now, and combined with Allure being Beatrix's weak score, the added face isn't worth it.

That doesn't mean I'm settling for a d6 and a 33% chance of success, though. Beatrix has an understanding of what's going on, and at least some sense of what sort of archetypes Hajime fulfills. As such, I feel comfortable using Genre Savvy (Use 1 of 2) to make this Luck roll a Skill roll. Skill is Beatrix's strong score, so that adds a +1, and there are obviously choices besides a skill roll (for example, not using Genre Savvy and sticking with the Luck roll), so I'm pretty sure Renaissance Lady applies as well.

Given how nonchalantly she removed her costume, I'm doubtful "the right thing to say" is related to disguises or costumes, so Cosplay Enthusiast is out. Likewise, this seems unrelated to writing or drawing, so Amateur Novelist is out, too. This is an Unopposed roll, so Just as Planned is right out. While Contingency Plan and Foresight could increase my chances, I don't feel like using two limited-use abilities on a single 1-VP roll. Especially an unopposed one.

Final Roll: Luck Skill 1d6+2, Unopposed, Hajime

Nautilust
2018-06-30, 04:00 PM
Let's get this over with before my food gets cold, you interrupted my Lunch.

Morrigana already doesn't really like Burner from the short conversation they've had, though that may change. She does however have a soft-spot for cute girls, so she'll likely talk to Hajime.

That said she is pretty mad she's not eating her lunch right now and it's showing.

I'm going to go with the unopposed Luck roll. It's my Strength so that's +1, I'm going to use Personality Flip to take a -2 now. That makes it a -1 to the roll. I would say add Sealed Power to this roll, to reroll a 1 if it happens; but, I think it doesn't matter for this roll.

That means i'll need a roll of 6 to win, so i'm most likely taking a loss on this as an investment.

Illven
2018-07-01, 11:17 PM
Lissa simply waved and smiled at the two girls.

Allure, Gorgeous gi +2 total.

JNAProductions
2018-07-02, 09:37 AM
Burner nods at this turn of events. It seems he's used to being paid less attention.

Beatrix: [roll0]
Morrigana: [roll1]
Lissa: [roll2]

Reminder, it's DC 5, for 1 VP.

Lissa and Morrigana seem also to be paid less attention, as Hajime spends time checking out Beatrix, while Burner examines the other two ladies.

After a few minutes have gone by, they both step back. Good news, bad news, Hajime says.

Good news: You should be fine, Burner says.

Bad news: You've got enough of him in you that we need to keep an eye on you, make sure nothing bad goes wrong. It shouldn't be an IMMEDIATE worry, but would you guys be willing to meet up after school? Just in the back of it should be fine, and then we can go to our house.

Nautilust
2018-07-02, 09:14 PM
I can't stay out after school for too long, I have animals to feed and stalls to clean.

Morrigana goes back to her lunch table and scarfs down her lunch, which is probably cold by now, as there's probably not much time left.

Illven
2018-07-02, 10:29 PM
Wait, why do you think it would be a problem? Lissa remarked.

gemohandy
2018-07-02, 10:48 PM
Seriously? There’s a demon boy who just tried to...do something that you still don’t fully understand, but clearly something bad. And these two are considering ignoring potential safety precautions? I mean, sure, skepticism and negligent behavior are staples of the horror genre, but that doesn’t mean you have to ignore common sense. That...thing...is dangerous. The mention of potential complications combined with the obvious danger means that, even with their help, things will go wrong. Best to go with the plot, and avoid unnecessary risks.

“Meeting up after school sounds like a good idea. Is there anything I should do between now and then to reduce the risks?”

JNAProductions
2018-07-03, 02:19 PM
Don't do evil-that's the best way to avoid anything bad happening, Hajime says. And nothing major-the demon might just reform and burst out of your soul. Ever seen Aliens?

With that grim note, the two head off.

For the rest of the day, you're more than a little worried-but nothing bad happens, at least not related to the demon. After school, you see Hajime waving at you from near where the buses are, a little ahead of them.

Nautilust
2018-07-03, 03:59 PM
Hey, I came like I said I would. I can stay out till about 7, probably. I have stuff to do at the farm, though you guys could come with me if you want.

Illven
2018-07-03, 05:10 PM
That's not helpful. What evil? Lissa lets out.

Nautilust
2018-07-03, 10:30 PM
That's a good question. I'd like to add what is EVIL? If I steal something and I really need it does that count. Or should I just stay away from obvious things like drowning babies. But then again, what if that baby is some kind of cosmic entity that's going to devour the world. I think we could all agree on rape, I think that's something you can't really justify. But isn't evil kind of situational and subjective.

JNAProductions
2018-07-04, 08:05 AM
Evil is... Well, that's an interesting moral question. Can we consider-

Burner, not now. Just... You know, try to be good. I'd hope you guys have decent morals, so... Hajime says. Anyway, two of you can drive with Burner (he's only got space for two-I told you you need to clean your car up!) and the other one can fly with me. Go ahead and decide amongst yourselves who's going where.

Opposed Conflict d6. 1 VP, and the chance to fly with Hajime.

gemohandy
2018-07-11, 12:01 PM
Beatrix isn't that well suited to conflict, and she knows it. She's not going to be really pushy about getting to fly, no matter how amazingly cool and awesome that would be. Besides, Burner does seem to at least have some intelligence, given his knowledge of philosophy and his readiness to leap into a debate. Maybe that will help make up for a ride in an extremely dirty car?

As I said, Beatrix isn't well suited for conflict. All of her abilities either don't affect conflict rolls, or they only increase the odds of getting a higher roll. While a higher roll might be useful, both of the other girls (depending on how they play their abilities) are able to add a modifier to their conflict roll. I've been waiting to see how they would do things, so I'd have a sense of how much use a limited ability would have (is it worth increasing the odds of a six if another character beats a six more often than not?). Thus, since I'm going in blind, I'm not planning on using any abilities here. Just going for the baseline roll. 1d6.

Nautilust
2018-07-16, 11:49 PM
I didn't know you were such a thinker Burner. I don't really have a problem with a dirty car, seeing as I shovel horse **** on a regular basis. However I've never flown before, that sounds intriguing. I'll call dibs unless anyone has a problem with that.

It'll just be a standard Conflict roll. I don't think Verbal Barrage would apply. Sorry it took so long for me to reply, my brain just wasn't wanting to work with me to figure out what to say.

Illven
2018-07-19, 12:07 PM
That's when Lissa immediately shoves the other two girls to the side as she jumps forward, her chest jiggling slightly with the sudden motion.

Ohhhhh. I've always wanted to fly, can we do that! Can we! She asks eagerly.

Conflict, Warrior way +2. Fearsome reputation +2. Total +4

JNAProductions
2018-07-19, 12:09 PM
Lissa: [roll0]
Beatrix: [roll1]
Morrigana: [roll2]

Knowing the family behind Lissa, you figure it's wise to let her have the flight with Hajime. Burner leads the way to his car, and he opens the door for whoever gets there first to claim shotgun. His car isn't actually that messy-though he does have to shove a bag to one side, so there's space in the back for whoever gets there second.

Once everyone is buckled up, he gets going, and puts on some chiptune music. So, he says. You two have any questions?

Meanwhile, with Hajime and Lissa, Hajime pulls out a small, heavily stickered notebook. Go... BIRD! she says, and her suit of mechanical armor appears on her. She bends down a little, letting Lissa get on her back. Climb on! You're in for a treat.

Nautilust
2018-07-19, 11:05 PM
Put your hands on me again you disrespectful bitch and this will turn in to Lord of the Flies. I don't care who your family is, that's my personal space.

She closes her eyes, takes several slow breaths; then gets in the car.

Well, Burner. What are you into?

JNAProductions
2018-07-20, 11:10 AM
I enjoy writing-I'm actually trying to become a professional writer, though obviously working with Hajime kinda limits my time, he says.

gemohandy
2018-07-20, 11:31 AM
“Oh? What sorts of things do you write?” Beatrix is secretly hoping he writes manga in his free time, like she does, but she has no plans to outright state that. She’s been burnt before by the ridicule of those who disrespect the mediums she loves, and won’t let that happen again.

JNAProductions
2018-07-21, 11:03 AM
Mostly I work with some artists I've met online, doing comics and such. My friends say I have a knack for humour, but I'm not totally sure I believe them, he says. I also do side stories for those comics-I've got a lot of original characters I've worked on.

Illven
2018-07-22, 10:34 AM
You're going to eat me? Lissa remarks clearly confused.

JNAProductions
2018-07-22, 10:55 AM
No-but I doubt you've ever flown outside of a plane. It's exhilarating! Hajime says, a smile visible even through the mask.

Illven
2018-07-22, 11:03 AM
Oh no, but I suppose nevermind. Lissa said brightly.

JNAProductions
2018-07-22, 11:05 AM
Hajime helps Lissa on, and sets off. It's an experience-flying high, dipping in and out of clouds, all at a breakneck pace. Hajime looks back occasionally, making sure that Lissa is properly positioned and having a good time, although the winds make it nigh-impossible to actually talk.

Nautilust
2018-07-24, 04:16 PM
That is really interesting Burner. I make a lot of characters in my free time, between role-playing and writing stories. You should show me your work sometime. I'll show you some of mine in return if you would like.