PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Making a Supernatural Ability an Extraordinary one (3.5)

flappeercraft
2018-06-20, 10:35 PM
So currently for a character build I am making I am in need of a way to find a way to convert a Supernatural ability gained as a class feature as an Extraordinary one but I can't find anything and I hope the playground knows a way to do it. All first party and dragon magazine is allowed, except for Sarrukh.

Venger
2018-06-20, 10:44 PM
aside from swiftblade turning haste into an ex ability, there is no such function in first-party material, so you'll need to look in dragon magazine.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-06-21, 01:29 AM
There's only one way I know of to do this, and it's limited to magic items. If you can find a magic item to affect the class ability in a way that allows you to use the item instead of your uses per day (or whatever they run on), then a Device from Ravenloft: Legacy of the Blood will turn it into an [Ex] ability while using the item. Maybe.

Honestly, it depends entirely on what it is and what the magic item does.

For instance, if the class ability is spellcasting (Su) and you craft a Device scroll, the Supernatural "spell" will be nonmagical when cast from the scroll.

flappeercraft
2018-06-21, 01:32 AM
There's only one way I know of to do this, and it's limited to magic items. If you can find a magic item to affect the class ability in a way that allows you to use the item instead of your uses per day (or whatever they run on), then a Device from Ravenloft: Legacy of the Blood will turn it into an [Ex] ability while using the item. Maybe.

Honestly, it depends entirely on what it is and what the magic item does.

For instance, if the class ability is spellcasting (Su) and you craft a Device scroll, the Supernatural "spell" will be nonmagical.

The class feature in specific is Divine Impetus, so maybe a Device version of Nightsticks might work?

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-06-21, 01:36 AM
The class feature in specific is Divine Impetus, so maybe a Device version of Nightsticks might work?Ask your DM about it.

if you could somehow store divine impetus in item form, that would work for sure.

flappeercraft
2018-06-21, 01:58 AM
Ask your DM about it.

if you could somehow store divine impetus in item form, that would work for sure.

It's more of a character for the sake of optimizing it kind of thing. No DM to ask. I'll check the device thing in a bit to see if I can somehow store DI as you said.