PDA

View Full Version : The Twenty One

Artemis97
2007-09-08, 06:59 PM
Deep within the forest is a sealed hatch, leading intot he underground lair of a society known as the Twenty One. Each member is a powerful mage, and control the many aspects of their plans. No one member knows who his fellows are, for they remain cloaked and hidden at all times. The Twenty One are in Town to create chaos and gain power.

Draken
2007-09-08, 07:02 PM
Right now, the Twenty one ar ein town to be found out and posteriourly devoured, but not yet.

Anom' Lie's sonore buzzing is heard coming from the hatch, ready to fill the large room with it's ever multiplying mass.

So many minds, so many creatures, what to do?

Find who they are.

Artemis97
2007-09-08, 07:10 PM
Erm...there's a lot of people down there, from all walks of life. It is widely known that the more powerful are deep within the compound.

Draken
2007-09-08, 07:14 PM
So, let's have Anom' Lie do what he does best!

Multiply.

And multiply more.

MORE.

And yes, he covers the whole complex with Detect Thoughts, to the extent of where he can go, of course.

Also, the people there should notice that the swarm enveloping them is humming "Slaughter your World".

Artemis97
2007-09-08, 07:23 PM
Well that's going to get their attention. People run, scream, fling spells of various destructive powers. Many open portals and or teleport away.

Draken
2007-09-08, 07:26 PM
People trying to flee by portals will be eaten.

Spells deal heavy damage, opening large holes in the swarm that are fastly filled again by the ever-multiplying creatures. (Fast Healing).

And them...

Dictum.

You know the spell.

Artemis97
2007-09-08, 07:29 PM
((actually I dont, but I assume it's bad for these people.))

Draken
2007-09-08, 07:31 PM
(... Check out the Player handbook. Cleric spell, 7° level, Law Domain.)

PirateMonk
2007-09-08, 07:32 PM
(( Here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dictum.htm).))

Artemis97
2007-09-08, 07:38 PM
((Ah, thank you.))

A few people are effected, some die, others collapse, many keeps running, dazed. The majority are left unharmed, they're actually a rather lawful group it seems.

Draken
2007-09-08, 07:43 PM
Can a LN cleric cast Holy Word? Probably, and that is the next spell that blasts the area.

Holy Word.

(It is basically identical to Dictum, but has the [good] descriptor and affects Evil targets.)

Survivors to both spells will be rounded up by a Dimensional Lock.

Now, now, I think you are The Twenty One, are you?

Any person that stares at the fine creatures that form the swarm will see their grinning mouths with dozens of teeth and drooling a red liquid that happens to be the blood of the devoured.

Artemis97
2007-09-08, 07:47 PM
Lots of fearful blabbering, no we aren't the Twenty One, we just work for them. Congrats, you caught a bunch of Minions. Looks like the bad guys got away, of course, they just lost they're power base, so it might take them a long while to regroup.

Draken
2007-09-08, 07:51 PM
Meh. The swarm scourges the rest of the base, killing end devouring anything it is able to.

Well, they escaped. But if they are foolish enought to change their targeto onto His Lord... Well, it's their funeral.

Anything reading the minds of the daffodils will hear nothing but the maniacal laughter the creatures use when they want to freak people.

Artemis97
2007-09-08, 07:56 PM
And it's a blood bath. There must have been a hundred or so people down there, along with supplies and furniture for them. Amon' Lie could probably chew through the whole place rather quickly.

But before they completely destroy the place, they might notice a special room. It is carved from the stone, perfectly smoothe. A large circular design is cut into the floor. It is the same conglomerate symbol seen in the more major Paper Slip bombings. A triangle, in a circle, in a pentagram, in a circle, in a seven point star, inside a double ring filled with arcane runes.

Draken
2007-09-08, 08:00 PM
Bzz?

The swarm sends enought of himself to read all that there is to read in the room, and search for everything that there is to search.

(Why I think it will explode?)

Artemis97
2007-09-08, 08:06 PM
No, no explosion. The runes seem to be some sort of binding spell, designed to gather and bind dead souls into a single being, increasing their power.

Draken
2007-09-08, 08:13 PM
Bzz... An angry buzz is heard.

What we have here...

Get out.

What?

Get out Now. I will bring this place down now.

What about this room?

Seal it. I will keep it out of the spell area. We can bring it up later to a better examination.

Of course, my Lord.

Artemis97
2007-09-08, 08:17 PM
Well there we go then. It should start becomeing clear as to why they targeted Lillith.

Draken
2007-09-08, 08:19 PM
Back to the Lake, I will use Earthquake.

Wow, a rhime.