PDA

View Full Version : Fun character builds

Aaedimus
2018-06-22, 10:23 AM
This post is dedicated to builds that capture the heart and souls of our favorite fictional characters, whether that be through novels, anime, video games etc. It's a fun exercise that can also provide inspiration for players looking to plan their builds. Also, if you disagree with a build, it's fun to fix it!

Rules: any official published material is available. Playtest, unofficial and UA is not. Point buy for stats and feats allowed.

I will begin with an easy one and a blast from my childhood
Sam Fisher: Splinter Cell

Obviously a rogue, Acrobatics, Stealth Perception, and Intimidation would be my top choices for his skillset. Not the best constitution, but he's a crack shot, he's smart, and he's fast.
He's done assassinations, but it's not his focus, in fact in most cases he'd rather he left no traces of his existence behind. Likes to come up from behind people and pull them into the shadows. No one is better at hiding in plain sight.

Human (not variant) Rogue (Thief) (12 levels)
Starting stats:
Str -14 Dex - 20 Con - 9 Int - 14 Wis - 16 Cha - 8
Proficient in Athletics, acrobatics, sleight of hand, stealth, perception, intimidation
Expertise in Stealth Athletics and Acrobatics

Gloomstalker Ranger with archery fighting style (8 levels)

Crossbow Expert
Grappler
Skulker
Tavern Brawler (+Str)

And I'll leave you with a challenge:
Can you create Mario in D&D?

I have tried. It's hard.

Aaedimus
2018-06-22, 10:27 AM
Oh, and the favored enemy would be: Terrorist and Politician, Favored terrain: Urban and CIA (because holy crap that level was awesome)

Jamesps
2018-06-22, 11:18 AM
And I'll leave you with a challenge:
Can you create Mario in D&D?

I have tried. It's hard.

Halfling rogue (thief)/Sorcerer.

Make sure you have high strength and dexterity. Take tavern brawler for your first feat, then fire bolt and enlarge (and possibly jump) through sorcerer.

With strength and dex added to your jump height you should be able to jump on top of enemies. Doubly true if you cast jump on yourself pre-fight. As a halfling you can occupy the same space as an opponent, allowing you to legally land on them. Use tavern brawler to deal damage with your feet, and possibly pick them up (athletics expertise). Use mushrooms as a material component for your enlarge spell, and flowers as your component for your fire bolts.

Aaedimus
2018-06-22, 10:50 PM
I was leaning towards Mountain Dwarf, but that solves allot! I like it.

I've got Bowzer:
A Tortle Draconic Sorcerer 1 and Berserker Barbarian 19 with the Grappler feat.

Here are a few more:
Link
Cloud
Luke Skywalker
Batman
The Witcher
Master Chief
Judge Dredd
Rand, Mat, and Perrin from the wheel of time
Rorsach
Hellboy
Gambit
Altair
Kratos
Jack Sparrow
Captain America
Spiderman
Dr. Strange
Deadpool
Vision
Quicksilver
Ultron
Venom

Nifft
2018-06-22, 11:06 PM
Halfling rogue (thief)/Sorcerer.

Make sure you have high strength and dexterity. Take tavern brawler for your first feat, then fire bolt and enlarge (and possibly jump) through sorcerer.

With strength and dex added to your jump height you should be able to jump on top of enemies. Doubly true if you cast jump on yourself pre-fight. As a halfling you can occupy the same space as an opponent, allowing you to legally land on them. Use tavern brawler to deal damage with your feet, and possibly pick them up (athletics expertise). Use mushrooms as a material component for your enlarge spell, and flowers as your component for your fire bolts.

As an alternative to Sorcerer, consider the utility of Rogue (theif) 3 / Druid instead.

Produce Flame allows you to hurl globs of fire rather than shooting a ray.

You'll retain access to Jump and Spider Climb (to better jump in vertical wall situations), but instead of enlarging yourself you can befriend or summon a riding dinosaur.

Belier
2018-06-22, 11:09 PM
Mario is an open hand monk/eldritch knight
He can dash, step of the wind and unarmed strike while jumping over the ennemies head.
He can use flurry of blow as his tripple hit combo and his known for break dancing leg hit and wall jumping.
Mario is known to be proficient with hammers so he need some eldritch knight level with scorching ray as one of his spells and enlarge also.

Flowers and mushrooms can be used as combonents as mentionned before.

Aaedimus
2018-06-22, 11:58 PM
Why open hand? Wouldn't elements make sense?

So Mario:
Halfling
Str 20 Dex 20 Con 8 Int 14 Wis 14 Cha 8
Rogue 1 expertise- athletics/acrobatics
Open Hand monk 4
Druid 5 (land...grassland)
Eldritch knight 10 (Warhammer)
Feats:
Athlete

He has the jumps, the dino, enlarge/ reduce, the hammer, invisibility, fly, fireballs. I think you all got it!

Nifft
2018-06-23, 12:13 AM
He has the jumps, the dino, enlarge/ reduce, the hammer, invisibility, fly, fireballs. I think you all got it!

https://i.imgur.com/Zck1rd4.jpg

Tanarii
2018-06-23, 12:53 AM
Dwarven Indiana Jones.

Hill Dwarf Rogue Sage (professor)
Str 12 Dex 15 Con 15 Int 14 Wis 9 Cha 10
Skills: Athletics, Stealth, Arcana, History, Investigation, Perception
@4 take Feat: Weapon Master (+1 Dex, Whip, any 3 others)

Mashup of the character and Wow Dwarven archeologists.