PDA

View Full Version : Mercenaries 2

Hoggy
2007-09-08, 07:41 PM
Omigosh so stoked for this.

I loved the first one. The map got a bit bland, but it was so much fun. Pure explosive fun. And C4 was the bomb (pun intended and made without shame). So, when they announced Mercs 2 I was like "Booo, next gen :smallfrown: "

... But now they're palnning to bring it on on PS2 AND PS3. Sure, the PS2 version won't be as good obviously, but I still get to play it! Gasm!

Anyone else as happy as I am right now?

blackout
2007-09-08, 07:43 PM
I loved the first game. Being a freelance soldier with access to any gun and vehicle you could imagine was freakin' awesome the first time around. Let's see if something new shows up. :smallamused:

Crilley
2007-09-08, 08:17 PM
Probably not as excited as you, but the first game was good, so I'll check out the second one for sure

Hoggy
2007-09-09, 07:43 AM
Blackout, new stuff:

-Own your own PMC company. Like, awesome.
-Bigger map.
-SWIM! DEAR GOD YES!
-Rastafarian Pirates. Seriously.
-Better AI, so maybe stealth will -work- this time. :smalltongue:

Crilley: You ought to be. :smalltongue:

Also, another dilemma... on the official site (www.mercs2.com), it shows the three mercs, and shows their 'favourite tracks'. Now, on the original game, I played as Jennifer. I would like to continue that, but she has weak favourite tracks compared to Nillson, and I'm willing to bet that those tracks are what you hear all the time when in vehicles or something. Dilemma.

blackout
2007-09-09, 11:32 AM
Blackout, new stuff:

-Own your own PMC company. Like, awesome.

That wins it for me.

Hoggy
2007-09-09, 01:01 PM
Aye, me too. You've got to work to recruit people to it though; I dunno what this'll consist of. Probably mainly side-missions I guess, but hopefully some interesting ones (like stealing a super-duper helicopter for the pilot dude or something). But yeah, owning own companies on games always interests me.

That and Rastafarian Pirates.

blackout
2007-09-09, 01:07 PM
Well, I've always been obsessed with the concept of the mercenary. Seriously, if I wasn't afraid of dying, and had the will to commit to such work, I'd go merc for a regular job as I got older. There's just something about it that appeals to me: The cash you get if you do it right, the freedom, everything. Doing it in games is also good. Why do you think I still play Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries repeatedly? :smallbiggrin: