PDA

View Full Version : show me your destroyer of worlds

Donpoohbear
2018-06-22, 05:29 PM
going to be in an ew campaign all wotc books and ua are alowed . so i thought id enjoy seeing peoples broken charectar builds . show me your ideas starting at lvl 1 andwhat you envisioned them to be at lvl 20 . im personally thinking some warlock multiclass hijinks for my path of destruction. but id hate to be stuck in what im used to .

MrStabby
2018-06-22, 05:36 PM
Kender.

Those things tie up campaigns pretty fast. Total world ender.

More seriously, probably a Wizard - gods are less likely to grand the kind of magic to unravel reality.

Aaedimus
2018-06-22, 05:39 PM
Have you looked at the Spells Druids get at high levels? I think the only thing keeping them from being the scariest thing to face on a battlefield is the wish spell. Maybe meteor shower???

They'll destroy your entire city amd army single-handed...

And I could definitely see a druidic God working towards like a Noah's Ark cleanse type situation

Grear Bylls
2018-06-22, 06:08 PM
The sorcerer king is the most powerful character

CantigThimble
2018-06-22, 06:11 PM
Have you not heard the word of our lord and savior, the Nameless King? (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?602665-(OPTIMIZATION)-THE-NAMELESS-KING-!-THE-WIZARD-s-NIGHTMARE!-LAST-BOSS) The greatest Sorcerer build to never walk the land?

(For those who aren't aware a thread like the one linked gets posted every week or two and then gets deleted by mods)

ImproperJustice
2018-06-22, 07:52 PM
Have you not heard the word of our lord and savior, the Nameless King? (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?602665-(OPTIMIZATION)-THE-NAMELESS-KING-!-THE-WIZARD-s-NIGHTMARE!-LAST-BOSS) The greatest Sorcerer build to never walk the land?

(For those who aren't aware a thread like the one linked gets posted every week or two and then gets deleted by mods)

He draws his very power from the ability to bend language, and even reality itself as defined by RAI to his will.
Only the seven seals of the seven moderatora can hold him at bay....for a time when he breaks free of his eternal prison to wreak havoc on this community.

Only the brave banding together of brave souls who through the power of friendship can assemple the sword of Spammersbane, may they summon the moderator gods to drive him back for another 100 years.....

Alternatively you could play a Zealot Barb, Lore Bard, Moom Druid, or Sorcadin as those seem to be the popular power builds.

Donpoohbear
2018-06-22, 07:56 PM
how would a sorcerer paladin work mechanicly ?

Speely
2018-06-22, 08:19 PM
how would a sorcerer paladin work mechanicly ?

By converting Sorcery points into spell slots with which to Smite more than a pure Paladin can. Sorcidens Smite more than anyone. Also, GFB/Booming Blade to offset the (potentially) delayed Extra Attack. Plenty of useful options like Fireball to soften hordes and clutch Quickened spells to adapt to situations... erm... quickly. Also some slot-free healing via Lay on Hands and good tanking options with Shield, Aura of Protection, etc.

You can basically play it like a gish tank support character. Crazy heroic.

KorvinStarmast
2018-06-22, 08:21 PM
how would a sorcerer paladin work mechanicly ? There is a Sorcadin guide here on GiTP. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?502673-Unlimited-Blade-Works-The-Guide-to-the-Ultimate-Paladin-Sorcerer-Multiclass) Gastronomie wrote it.

To destroy the world, you probably want to put together a wizard who does the Wish/Simulacrum chaining cheese/exploit, and then at some point just start destroying stuff.

Chaosvii7
2018-06-22, 08:24 PM
Here, I got a whole gallery of them (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzVelb7m70akbVdfZG96dkVKVEE?usp=sharing) from my 5e game that I ended last April. A lot of them are unpolished because I wasn't as persnickety with the fine print as I am now, but they were all made with the creature creation rules from the DMG (with some ignoring the resistance/immunity bonuses to HP because I gave the party ways to overcome them, but kept the traits there for posterity).

For reference, the actual final boss was Dretchlor, who was a paradox from an unrealized alternate reality that was made real because someone cast a forbidden spell that they'd stolen from Vecna.

Hopefully one of those will be apt enough for you to destroy a world with. There's also a beefed-up Tarrasque made of macguffins called the Cradle of Divinity, and seven different versions of the Final Boss that I had intended to make one of the party members willingly merge with them to make (But the figured out a neat way to circumvent that so I decided to make a generic version that I never got around to statting out).

Hope someone, somewhere gets some mileage out of this. Feel free to dig around and take whatever you want from the archive of the campaign folder. A lot of it is either unfinished or being redone for when I bring this campaign into the homebrewed epic levels later on.

Aett_Thorn
2018-06-22, 08:25 PM
Have you looked at the Spells Druids get at high levels? I think the only thing keeping them from being the scariest thing to face on a battlefield is the wish spell. Maybe meteor shower???

They'll destroy your entire city amd army single-handed...

And I could definitely see a druidic God working towards like a Noah's Ark cleanse type situation

And, a Druid can do it all while in the shape of a cute little puppy.

Donpoohbear
2018-06-22, 08:28 PM
He draws his very power from the ability to bend language, and even reality itself as defined by RAI to his will.
Only the seven seals of the seven moderatora can hold him at bay....for a time when he breaks free of his eternal prison to wreak havoc on this community.

Only the brave banding together of brave souls who through the power of friendship can assemple the sword of Spammersbane, may they summon the moderator gods to drive him back for another 100 years.....

Alternatively you could play a Zealot Barb, Lore Bard, Moom Druid, or Sorcadin as those seem to be the popular power builds.

dude the nameless king sounds awesome as a villain i love storys like tyhat where a character just gets ingrained into history .

Grear Bylls
2018-06-22, 11:39 PM
dude the nameless king sounds awesome as a villain i love storys like tyhat where a character just gets ingrained into history .

No! Corruption has taken root! It's not even a real build, and hasn't been used due to lack of friends!

ImproperJustice
2018-06-23, 12:21 AM
No! Corruption has taken root! It's not even a real build, and hasn't been used due to lack of friends!

Deep in the bowels of the land of the EN World, the cult of the Nameless King dwells in secret and occasionally sends their fell minions into the beautiful and relatively friendly kingdom known Affectionately as the Giant’s Playground.

There they seek to bring him forth out of hiding by mentioning his name as often as possible in ALL CAPS!
Speaking aggressively of who would win in mock combats between wizards and divine sorcerors.
But such is the path of madness that begins with fictional PvP debates.....

Back to topic: the nice thing about 5e is that the classes are all pretty balanced and well designed enough to have fun no matter what you choose. Even the maligned Beast Master and 4 elements Monk can have their moments to shine.

ATHATH
2018-06-23, 12:53 AM
Question here: Is this game specifically supposed to be a high-power and/or TO game? Because if not, stop right there (criminal scum). Why, exactly, do you want to shatter your DM's campaign world?

Donpoohbear
2018-06-23, 12:34 PM
Question here: Is this game specifically supposed to be a high-power and/or TO game? Because if not, stop right there (criminal scum). Why, exactly, do you want to shatter your DM's campaign world?

he told me its going to be an exp game and to go as hard as id like bc it will be a target rich enviroment . i never play good guy characters lol

damascoplay
2018-07-01, 10:16 PM

Have you heard of the high elves Nameless King?

Kane0
2018-07-01, 11:22 PM
I'm now imagining a situation where one can replace 'Beetlejuice' with 'Nameless King' for the same effect in-game.

Edit: Depending on DM you could also try abusing Divine Intervention as a Cleric to call upon some truly impressive acts of god wrought upon the world from a particularly active or vindictive deity.

CTurbo
2018-07-01, 11:31 PM
Stout Halfling Frenzy Barbarian 14 Str, 20 Dex, 18 Con, 4 Int, 14 Wis, 6 Cha with Mobile, Res(Wis), Lucky, and a single Light Hammer.