PDA

View Full Version : Zealot Glaive Barbarian- Lvl 8 ASI or Mobile?

prototype00
2018-06-25, 02:52 AM
I知 playing a Glaivebarb in AL, a Zealot, and he is good at bringing the pain. (PAM and GWM)

But I知 coming up on lvl 8 and I知 wondering whether to take the feat Mobile and run back after I attack or ASI (STR) which makes my attacks all round better?

What say you, fellow forumites?

1Pirate
2018-06-25, 03:00 AM
I知 playing a Glaivebarb in AL, a Zealot, and he is good at bringing the pain. (PAM and GWM)

But I知 coming up on lvl 8 and I知 wondering whether to take the feat Mobile and run back after I attack or ASI (STR) which makes my attacks all round better?

What say you, fellow forumites?

Max your strength. And as a PAM, I'd take Sentinel over Mobile. Creatures are going to be wanting to run away from you more than you're going to be wanting to run away from them. And if you want to stay away from them, you can always stick 'em back with PAM+Sentinel.

Speely
2018-06-25, 03:11 AM
Max your strength. And as a PAM, I'd take Sentinel over Mobile. Creatures are going to be wanting to run away from you more than you're going to be wanting to run away from them. And if you want to stay away from them, you can always stick 'em back with PAM+Sentinel.

Seconded. Max Str. Since you are v human, it is probably not great. You already have very useful feats. Your base damage needs to be able to make that worthwhile.

After that, ignore Mobile. Sentinel is far more synergistic given your initial feat selection.

CTurbo
2018-06-25, 03:12 AM
Always max Str first.

Mobile is great, but is really nothing more than a luxury for you.

prototype00
2018-06-25, 03:32 AM
Well said. I was leaning towards the ASI. Character will probably be a straight Barb, both because High Level Zealot benefits are frankly bonkers and Divine Fury is based on Barb levels.