PDA

View Full Version : Question about Rage

MoogleMcGee
2018-06-25, 01:42 PM
Hello everyone! I was helping a friend build a barbarian and he asks me if it was possible, if he had multiple attacks, could he activate rage between attacks. IE attack, rage, attack. Now on looking things up the barbarian rage ability says it takes no time but doesn't say what kind of action it is. So my questions are as follows.

1. What type of action is rage anyways?
2. Can you activate rage between attacks during a full attack action.

Bronk
2018-06-25, 01:56 PM
Hello everyone! I was helping a friend build a barbarian and he asks me if it was possible, if he had multiple attacks, could he activate rage between attacks. IE attack, rage, attack. Now on looking things up the barbarian rage ability says it takes no time but doesn't say what kind of action it is. So my questions are as follows.

1. What type of action is rage anyways?
2. Can you activate rage between attacks during a full attack action.

1: Since it literally takes no time to use, it's 'Not an Action' as specified under the 'Actions in Combat' section of the SRD.

2: No reason you can't, since it's on your action/turn, and that's the only criteria.

MoogleMcGee
2018-06-25, 02:07 PM
1: Since it literally takes no time to use, it's 'Not an Action' as specified under the 'Actions in Combat' section of the SRD.

2: No reason you can't, since it's on your action/turn, and that's the only criteria.

Thank you! I was wondering about the "not an action" thing. So now he can pull the tiny bit of cheese he wanted to. First attack Ruby Nightmare Blade, rage, second attack.

Twurps
2018-06-25, 02:11 PM
The problem with that bit of cheese is not the time/no time it takes to rage, but rather that ruby nightmare blade is a standard action.

MoogleMcGee
2018-06-25, 02:15 PM
The problem with that bit of cheese is not the time/no time it takes to rage, but rather that ruby nightmare blade is a standard action.

Oh my, you seem to be correct on that. I'll have to let him know.

Goaty14
2018-06-25, 02:40 PM
Do keep in mind that until he gets immune to the fatigue at the end of a rage, he becomes fatigued every time he ends the rage. That's not so bad, except if you're already fatigued and suffer an effect that would make you fatigued, then you become exhausted. Which makes me think that while he can do this, he can't do it for very long.