PDA

View Full Version : How to say no to a butcher?

S@tanicoaldo
2018-06-25, 07:35 PM
I have a big problem with butchers.

I used to date a guy who was a butcher and he was nice and kind to cut my meat exactly the way I wanted, so not only he was a great guy but he also spoiled my taste for meat.

Unfortunately, he moved away and we lost touch and end up breaking up.

Now I always have problems with my butchers, until last month whenI found a great butcher shop near here, the butchers there are great and do everything I ask they way I want... Execpt for one.

Of all the butchers I had to deal with this guy may be the worst, not only he's bad but he's kind of a jerk too.

He cuts the meat too thick and when I tell him about he cuts it too thin and then when I tell him a third time he cuts too thick again and it's too awkward for me to say anything so I just nod.

And we went through this process five times already, and the meat is always terrible.

I try to show up when I know he won't be there or when i see that he's the onyl one free I try to take my time aroud the shop or pretend I'm texting.

Has any of you been through this? any advice on how to deal with it?

Should I just tell him i don't like the way he cut and I prefer one of his workmates to do it? That sounds too mean D:

Tvtyrant
2018-06-25, 07:46 PM
Next time you get a good butcher, ask them exactly how thick they are making it. Then tell the exact size you want to the "bad" butcher. Then he doesn't have to guess what you mean, and you get what you actually want.

SaintRidley
2018-06-25, 07:48 PM
Next time you get a good butcher, ask them exactly how thick they are making it. Then tell the exact size you want to the "bad" butcher. Then he doesn't have to guess what you mean, and you get what you actually want.

Well, that should be the thread over there.

Rynjin
2018-06-25, 08:20 PM
Yeah, be specific. If you already are, then tell him to go get somebody who knows how to do his job.

Xuc Xac
2018-06-26, 02:00 AM
I used to date a guy who was a butcher and he was nice and kind to cut my meat exactly the way I wanted, so not only he was a great guy but he also spoiled my taste for meat.

*waggles eyebrows* "Wink wink! Nudge nudge! Say no more!"

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-06-26, 03:09 AM
Butcher, no butching! Butcher, no butching!

Ah, drat.

2D8HP
2018-06-26, 08:58 AM
*waggles eyebrows* "Wink wink! Nudge nudge! Say no more!"

A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat!

Hail Sithis
2018-06-26, 12:42 PM
Wait, why are we talking about this already??

caden_varn
2018-06-27, 02:27 PM
Dunno how it works where you are ( I am in the UK), but if I ask a butcher to cut meat, they will line the knife up on the meat for my approval before cutting - I can say a bit more, a bit less, before he cuts. Can you ask him to do this?