PDA

View Full Version : OIF5 Age of Worms, Paul's Group

Nalio
2007-09-09, 04:58 AM
Looks like we can use this for town meetings and anything else we cant finish on fridays.

Nagrom
2007-09-09, 05:04 AM
cool. did you set this up? have you sent the link to the other folks?:smallbiggrin:

Nalio
2007-09-09, 05:07 AM
Pfft of course. Why isnt my aviator showing....

Nagrom
2007-09-09, 05:09 AM
because you're hiding in the shadows! duh!
in the usercp, you have to enable show avatar setting. :smallamused:

Dronin
2007-09-09, 10:47 AM
Nice
Now if we can just get Mike to join :smallyuk:

Nagrom
2007-09-10, 01:02 AM
Nailo, see if you can lock the forums to just us when Auruman, Makom and Relic get here. I think you are the only one that has permissions to do such.

Nalio
2007-09-10, 04:04 AM
Yeah i was going to try to do that

Makom
2007-09-12, 12:19 AM
Okay Im Here. What's Up!

Nagrom
2007-09-12, 02:08 AM
Cool, now for Relic. He won't be here for a little while longer. Maybe one more game session and he'll be back off of leave.

I'll be going on leave in early October (3 game sessions). I plan on leaving the keys with Beau and letting someone play Nagrom. Unless you guys don't want the wizard to help, I'm sure the DM can roll Spell Craft and Knowlege arcana for those certain situations and keep the XP at a minimum.

Nagrom
2007-09-12, 02:10 AM
Cool, now for Relic. He won't be here for a little while longer. Maybe one more game session and he'll be back off of leave.

I'll be going on leave in early October (3 game sessions). I plan on leaving the keys with Beau and letting someone play Nagrom. Unless you guys don't want the wizard to help, I'm sure the DM can roll Spell Craft and Knowlege arcana for those certain situations and keep the XP at a minimum.:smallamused:

Nagrom
2007-09-19, 07:27 AM
anyone seen Auruman?

Hey I changed my icon but I forgot how to change it back. Where do I need to go?

Dronin
2007-09-19, 01:38 PM
Go to "quick links" drop down on the top right
"Edit Options"
it is near the bottom

We should pick colors for our spoken words.
When A NPC is speaking it will be green

Nagrom
2007-09-20, 09:43 AM
Thanks. I was overlooking it. I'm heading out on leave on the 2nd. So far 3 of us have gone on leave: Beau, Mike, Andrew. And me right behind. So when is Paul's and Eric's date?

Nagrom
2007-09-20, 09:46 AM
OH Paul, did you send the XP out yet?

Dronin
2007-09-20, 11:35 AM
HMMMMM.......
you were the only one to reply to the awards
but since its Thursday night I guess i will send it out

Auramun
2007-09-20, 01:01 PM
Alright--i posted a reply

Auramun
2007-09-20, 08:12 PM
What he said^

Go to "quick links" drop down on the top right
"Edit Options"
it is near the bottom

We should pick colors for our spoken words.
When A NPC is speaking it will be green

Nagrom
2007-09-21, 03:55 AM
any word Erik or Andrew about you guys going home? Erik told me

Auramun
2007-09-21, 10:13 AM
Eric already left--as far as me--typical military stupidism--left in the dark till absolutelly the last minute then I'll know.

Nalio
2007-09-22, 03:25 AM
Ill tell you what... Kuwait... this place sucks the same as i remember it. My return flight isnt until the 1st of Oct, so ill probley be back around....3-6 my guess...

Dronin
2007-09-22, 11:43 AM
Ok see you in two weeks. Take care.

on another note
i will be moving to Day shift Again so as far as im concerned we can play any night or multiple nights.

Dronin
2007-09-23, 05:44 PM
[roll0]

Test Test Test

Auramun
2007-09-23, 05:49 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Testing Testing

Auramun
2007-09-23, 05:51 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Test Stat Roll

Nagrom
2007-09-24, 02:04 AM
here are some other rolls you can do on the site, take out the *'s-
Normal roll:
4d6
ie.

Show individual die rolls:
[roll*]4d6[/rollv]
ie. [roll3]

-

Normal roll with modifier:
[roll*]4d6+12
ie.

Show individual die rolls with modifier:
[roll*]4d6+12[/rollv]
ie. [roll7]

-

Best of roll:
[roll*]4d6b3
ie. [roll9]
:smallbiggrin:

Nagrom
2007-09-30, 04:57 AM
Reminder, I'll be on leave for the next game on the 5th but Relic will have the key to my room. Unless the DM says different, the game will go on at 2030hrs. The DM did say that his shift will allow for more than once a week games. . . just a thought! I would not be upset if you guys did that. I'm realitively familar with the next two magazines. . .

Have fun! I'll see you in a few weeks. Most likily by the 26/27th.

Nagrom

Nalio
2007-10-04, 11:41 PM
Ok, andy and i are back.

Auramun
2007-10-05, 12:11 AM
Yea--we should play tonight

Nalio
2007-10-05, 06:39 AM
I might not play today, im still trying to get settled into my trailer.

Auramun
2007-10-05, 08:33 AM
That was the most un-hetero sexual thing i've ever heard. . . . -80dkp for Nalio

Nalio
2007-10-05, 09:45 AM
Ok i wont lie, im not playing today because i want to play Halo 3 :smalleek:

Auramun
2007-10-05, 10:03 AM
Halo 3 is the GAY. . . . .

Nagrom
2007-10-19, 11:06 AM
You're gay! Hey. I'm computerless much of the time. I'll be back late next week. I fly on Tuesday, hopefully back before Friday's game. No halo 3 on Fridays!

E

Nagrom
2007-10-27, 12:51 AM
Guys. Last night was fun and challenging. Sometimes the RP can get tricky, as we all found out last night!

This next part is very combat heavy, and damage dealing heavy for both sides. . . .i recommend inserting the cleric for next time. Just a thought, consider it a "party-wipe saver".

Also any thoughts about maybe playing twice a week to a little earlier? Now the down side is there would be a greater chance of folks missing A game, but the up side would be the story line moves along. If something happens on one night, then at least you would have a chance to catch up on the second night.

The game is going to get real fun, real fast. The creatures, the locations and the information we will find out is really cool. It would be pretty bad if we left here in 8 months at level 6 when the adventure path could take us to 18th or higher. . . .

My votes:
Best idea - Andrew "It doesn't say you can pull his balls!":smalleek:
Worst idea - not bringing the cleric along - Everyone
Funniest line - too many, I think I pissed on myself at one point. . .:smallbiggrin:
Best roleplaying - Eric - unfortunately his challenging RPing may get us all KILLED
Worst roleplaying - Mike - spent most of the night looking up stats, not RPing :smallannoyed:
Best Hit - Frostfell's Shatter wand attacks:smallcool:
Worst Hit - Everyone's crappy roles for RPing 1's, 3's, 5's

Dronin
2007-10-27, 01:59 AM
I still havent decided on XP yet but there was some good RP in there.

I need Award nomines

Dronin can make an apperance if need be. Call and he will be comming.

I can play twice a week but earlyer is not posible I bearly make it when I do

Auramun
2007-10-27, 06:48 AM
I agree-- very eventful night-- a lot of side conversations but nothing unbearable-- you might have noticed that I tried to get the tempo moving a lot faster tawords the end, and we were quite succesfull on keeping it moving. We should strive to keep it going like that. Once we know the order of battle we shouldnt have any pauses in the game. Once someone rolls and either hits or misses or succeeds or fails the next person in the chute should already be telling the DM and his party what his plan is and have his dice thrown--if you succeed or fail so be it--the DM should tell the outcome if any and the next person should be explaining his action and have his dice thrown. etc etc. We'd cover a lot more ground in combat at that speed.

As far as role-playing... We all had a lot of awesome ideas, everyone played a little part in last nights scenario and I applaud that. The Mines were a hell of a lot harder to get into this time than it was last time ie. last time all it took was for Orthose (our paladin) to try and give some dumbass bluff about his church for battle to ensue--we subsequently killed the posted guards and went inside. Great Idea from Nagrom and Nalio our mischievous duo. Great use of such a low level spell, I'm kind of proud that I came up with the whole balls idea though. That kind of problem solving and use of low level spells and diplomacy and bluff checks is what makes DND worth playing--the ability to piece together a very very very difficult and cunning plan to try and outsmart our enemies/folks in our way.

Best Idea Nagrom/Nalio/Auramun--The whole idea to fear everyone into leaving--and me for the use of a 'non attacking' servant to still deal some blows.

Best Hit Nagrom for the shatter spell

Best Roleplaying I think everyone should get a good bit of RP experience from that session, everyone did a phenominal part on diplomacy/bluff checks as well as trying to play their character through. And actually acting it out.

Worst Luck Relic and his first night of bad rolls--you're just rusty from leave is all

Worst Idea Not taking the healer. . . . DOH!

Makom
2007-10-27, 04:35 PM
Last Night went well, I just glad we all got together to play.

Nagrom
2007-10-28, 02:56 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3419501#post3419501

is the RP link. If you don't feel comfortable RPing in person, this gives you another option to express yourself with typing :smallbiggrin:

I have your character sheet on TOS format if you want it. I can attempt to email it to you if you don't have it already.:smallamused:

Oh yeah. Check your account's clock. I responded after you but my time shows before. . . :smalltongue:

Nalio
2007-10-28, 11:24 AM
Game we had was great, lots of RP, the link that you put down brings me back to this same page though... Anywho, My RP will probley get us killed one day, most the time when i talk im trying to say it to get taken diffrently then how everyone assumes then inturpts it. So ill work on my wording better. Overall i think we did pretty good, now we just have to work on getting out of our situation with hopefully no loss of life lol, dont worry though im working on my dragon. :smallwink:
Best hit, Frostfell
Best RP, Everyone
Best Idea, Auramun, Frostfell, Nalio
Worst roll, all of us in RP lol

Nagrom
2007-10-30, 12:23 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3421849#post3421849 (RP portion of our game. . .):smallsmile:

Nalio
2007-10-31, 02:53 AM
Oh gnome, that page wont even load for me.

Nagrom
2007-10-31, 10:55 AM
Look for
Giant in the Playground Forums >
Play-by-Post Games >
Ongoing Games (In-Character) >
Beta
The Three Faces of Evil (IC)

:smallredface:

Auramun
2007-11-01, 05:17 AM
Well I'll be a bearded gnome!

Nalio
2007-11-02, 03:49 AM
he he, bearded gome....

Nagrom
2007-11-03, 11:56 AM
Good job everyone in rolling damage and to hit together. I think that puts folks in the mindset to save time and move on. We use to use a sand timer, I think it was a 20 second timer. When the last kernal fell you either acted or delayed your turn.

I cast detect magic on the items. the next day pending monsters attacking us and messing up my sleep, I'll have identify memorized. If there is one magic item, we collectively will have to decide what gets IDed.

Nagrom
2007-11-11, 12:52 AM
My votes:
Best idea - Frostfell's, recasting of a spell to see if the pearl was a pearl of power instead of casting an identify spell :smallcool:
Worst idea -
Funniest line - "boobs. . . " Andrew :smalltongue:
Best roleplaying - Nailo :smallamused: or Relic's beating the hell (literally) out of the evil alter
Best Hit - Nailo's "stick the dagger out and Kensu runs into it" attack :smallsmile:
OR the Trogs hit against Nailo! :smallbiggrin:
Worst Hit - noone really

NEW nominated categories -
Best "stayed in character" -noone, we're still joking around too much (me too:smallfrown: )
Worst "stayed in character" - all of us, see above

REMINDER - game is set for Wednesday

POLL:
should we pause the game while Paul's on leave
should we reroll characters for temporary games made by Eddy
should we continue on with Eddy DMing both nights, Frostfell NPCed
should we continue on with Eddy DMing one night only, Frostfell NPCed

Makom
2007-11-11, 06:42 PM
Well im glad u guys had sooooo much fun while i was gone. I hope to be back by thanksgiving (literally). But keep up the good work, and i like the 2 nights of playing.

Nagrom
2007-11-12, 04:16 AM
I leveled you up. The TOS sheet I'm using I've customized for your weapons and such. Let me know if you want me to email you it to look at.

Dronin is going on leave. I'll pick up, most likily, when he's gone. . . :smallbiggrin:

Nalio
2007-11-12, 06:41 AM
Dont judge my character as doing stupid things, if i role play him the way i want, he would always be by himself hiding and moving silently.

BEST RP, Nalio
BEST IDEA, Frostfell
BEST Quote "Dont get me wrong, they were boobs, which are good, but they wernt great..." - Auramun
BEST Hit, Nalio, nice 28 damage...
Worst hit, Nalio, after he got mashed in the face,his hits for the next 24 seconds are more like dazed and confused, much like the movie with the guy doing a backflip with the numchucks...

Makom
2007-11-14, 04:37 AM
I would like to keep playing, with or without Paul. I want to finish as much as we can with the time left. I just dont want another five or six weeks off.

Nagrom
2007-11-14, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the vote.
I agree, we have 6 months of playing left. I would like the group to get close to finishing this thing off. I think the last party that we played in OIF got to 8th level or so. . . I'm not sure since I went home on emergency leave/EOM.

I'll keep it going for us.

I've been playin Makom. The next non combat opportunity, he'll use Auruman's Mithral Shirt. That will increase his AC by one. I've also had him using a shield, another plus 2 AC.

+8 to hit and 19AC, in my mind is better than
+6/+5 and 17AC. . . .especially for the tight combat where in now. Tight passages litter the area with these birdlike dudes sneak attacking us!

I won't kill him like I did your BARD! :smallbiggrin:

Nagrom
2007-11-24, 12:41 AM
Makom - your AC now will be 18 if you choose to wear the chainshirt, 16 with out the shield. I noticed it stayed 18 the whole combat :smallamused:

Also, Nagrom has TWO pearls of power. I can give one to you, but I would like to hold on to them since spells are my weapons. But let me know and you can have one.

Now that I'm getting more spells AND we have a bard, we need to stick together. I would assume that the party has jelled together enough to fight as a team. Running into combat without the party may equal to no buffs. Some of the bosses we'll come across will be level 6 or higher. Also keep in mind you have 2 characters that move 20, and Nagrom actually moves 15 now due to encumberance.

Action points. All fourth level characters have 7 action points as of now. Kurt I'll have to explain what those are in person.

Nalio
2007-11-26, 06:14 AM
We need to start playing in character. its nice we have a board for visual effect, however you have to take in mind what you can actually hear, the distance between each other, and the surrounding areas. Im sorry but if the rogue starts opening a secret door those of you accross the map do not have "rogue sense".

Its simple, the changling is a courious and chaotic person, and when you leave him by himself, with out a light source, and the only thing i can see is hallways and the door the birds were using, of course he is going to go for it. Your actions lead him to be alone, you have to reap what you do, reguardless of the outcome. I am enjoying playing in character. Which is why i complain when i open a chest on the other side of the room and suddenly everyone and there mother knows what im looking at, even though no one is around me. Yes i know whats on the other side of the door, i know the maps, i have played this before, but im still going to play in character. Doing so excites the game and makes it unpredictable in my eyes, makes each encounter unique in its own way.

Ya'll are killing the game for me.

Boudiccus
2007-11-29, 07:49 AM
DM: Serrif helps Frostfell identify the magical items potions and tombs.
Additionally throws into the pile of loot the golden goblets the ruby encrusted dagger and the 3 saddles and 3 vials of acid and alchemists fire. Additionally he methodically cleans the green bosses clothes and mask and boots to wear on a later date.
Prior to leaving the dungeon Serrif drags the bodies of the slain acolytes into the labratory. using the disguise skill 10 and forgery skill 2 place the bodies in a large circle around around the cauldron, and place broken pieces of the remaining apothicary kit around the room and hide the weapon wounds to make them look like shrapenel. The intent is to make it look like there was a large explosion coming from the cauldron due to botched magic if someone comes looking. He then piles a very large amount of wood under the cauldron and places all of the remaining ingrediants of the apothicary kit into the cauldron and lights the wood to bring the cauldron to a boil,before running out of the room:smallbiggrin:

Boudiccus
2007-11-29, 08:06 AM
All:Once everything is figured out and we leave the dungeon Serrif polishes the:xykon: of the green boss as a war trophy. He also uses his disguise kit to look like a rich merchant disguise lvl 10, diplomacy 10, bluff 10 and intimidate 7. He volunteers to goto the bazzar or nearest city and haggle for the best price on selling all extra loot and to help purchase any items anyone is trying to acquire. He also goes around using intimidate 7, gather info 7, bluff 10 and Diplomacy 10 he tries to find out as much as possible about the merchant who left the boxes in the supply room of the dungeon.

Nagrom
2007-12-01, 08:35 AM
We need to start playing in character. its nice we have a board for visual effect, however you have to take in mind what you can actually hear, the distance between each other, and the surrounding areas. Im sorry but if the rogue starts opening a secret door those of you accross the map do not have "rogue sense".

Its simple, the changling is a courious and chaotic person, and when you leave him by himself, with out a light source, and the only thing i can see is hallways and the door the birds were using, of course he is going to go for it. Your actions lead him to be alone, you have to reap what you do, reguardless of the outcome. I am enjoying playing in character. Which is why i complain when i open a chest on the other side of the room and suddenly everyone and there mother knows what im looking at, even though no one is around me. Yes i know whats on the other side of the door, i know the maps, i have played this before, but im still going to play in character. Doing so excites the game and makes it unpredictable in my eyes, makes each encounter unique in its own way.

Ya'll are killing the game for me.

I'm sorry for not reading this earlier. Like Eric says above, the game is more enjoyable when everyone even attempts to play in character. We've gotten away from it. Maybe instead of all bonuses we get negatives for not roleplaying. I'll step up and play the 3 foot tall female gnome (within reason) to assist, but it takes the whole party. I'm starting tonight.

Good comments. I agree and now that I've read this, I understand Nailo all the better. Good job playing him. We should all take note. . . .

Nagrom
2007-12-02, 02:50 PM
Best Hit - Relic:smallcool:
Best Roll - Relic:smallbiggrin:
Best Idea - Serrif's use of "boga wuga" and "burn baby burn of the evil alter":smallamused:
Best RP - I think we all did better

Worst Roll - Serrif's x-bow barely missed several times:smallfurious:
Worst Idea - Serrif tie the gnome off to his waist AND shoot bad guys with one hand!:smallconfused:
Worst RP - Makom (kidding) he ran away! LOL kidding :smalltongue:

Only one to know rule - Eddy (hell I can't remember now):smallredface:

Funniest Lines - Beau said some funny stuff (Relic):smallsmile:

Nagrom
2007-12-04, 12:18 PM
Dronin and I have discussed the "slug fests" that will continue to happen due to high hitpoints. The DND rules are a MAX at first level only with either a random hitpoint roll OR median points given at subsequent levels. I orginally thought without a cleric we would need all of the cushing we could get. But now its getting a bit too much. :smallfurious:
Below is the rule we all will implement. No character will get less than half hitpoints per level. :smallwink:
All hitpoint rolls have to be made in front of the DM. Good Luck!:smalleek:

1d4 1+1d4 (reroll 4's)
1d6 2+1d4
1d8 2+1d6 (reroll 6's)
1d10 4+1d6
1d12 5+1d8 (reroll 8's)

For those who played with Auruman, Nailo and I - this is the rule that group used too.

Nagrom
2007-12-20, 03:56 AM
XP attached. Congrats Makom and Relic:smallsmile: . You have 3 days to level your characters.:smalleek:

Into the Mistmarch / attack of Black Keep 20 DATE 17-Dec-07 ish
NAME LEVEL XP XP GAINEDBONUS % TOTAL OTHER END XP
Auruman 5 12380.9 1650.00 1% 16.5 0 14047.4
Dronin 5 11570.0 1375.00 0% 0 0 12945.0
Macom 5 13539.6 1650.00 1% 16.5 0 15206.1
Nalio 5 12690.4 1375.00 0% 0 0 14065.4
Relic 5 13966.6 1650.00 0% 0 0 15616.6
Serif 4 8283.3 1650.00 1% 16.5 0 9949.8
Nagram 5 13325.4 1375.00 0% 0 0 14700.4
Waldar 4 8016.0 1760.00 1% 17.6 10 9803.6

Since the XP is soooooo close for the others, :smallbiggrin: I'll allow the following:
Serrif can bring his level 4 character sheet and have a level 5 one premade to use after the NEXT combat encounter.:smallsmile:
Waldar can bring his level 4 character sheet and have a level 5 one premade to use after the NEXT combat encounter.:smallsmile:

Auruman, it really depends what the party does. . . BUT, you can bring his level 5 character sheet and have a level 6 one premade to use after the NEXT 2 combat encounter:smallamused: . Just remember you get more XP, the lower level you are. . . . .

Auruman 5 14047.4 0.00 0% 0 0 14047.4
Dronin 5 12945.0 0.00 0% 0 0 12945.0
Macom 6 15206.1 0.00 0% 0 0 15206.1
Nalio 5 14065.4 0.00 0% 0 0 14065.4
Relic 6 15616.6 0.00 0% 0 0 15616.6
Serif 4 9949.8 0.00 0% 0 0 9949.8
Nagram 5 14700.4 0.00 0% 0 0 14700.4
Waldar 4 9803.6 0.00 0% 0 0 9803.6

Nagrom
2007-12-27, 02:25 AM
XP after assault, first day and night into the marsh, first encounters :smallfrown:
Auruman 5 14047.4 788.00 0% 0 50 14885.4
Dronin 5 13945.0 584.00 0% 0 0 14529.0
Macom 6 15206.1 525.00 0% 0 0 15731.1
Nalio 5 14065.4 525.00 0% 0 0 14590.4
Relic 6 15616.6 788.00 0% 0 0 16404.6
Serif 4 9949.8 875.00 0% 0 50 10874.8
Nagram 5 14700.4 584.00 0% 0 0 15284.4
Waldar 4 9803.6 875.00 0% 0 0 10678.6

XP after final assault, after the lizard king fell :smallyuk:
Auruman 6 14885.4 1560.00 0% 0 0 16445.4
Dronin 5 14529.0 1300.00 0% 0 0 15829.0
Macom 6 15731.1 1430.00 0% 0 0 17161.1
Nalio 5 14590.4 1560.00 0% 0 0 16150.4
Relic 6 16404.6 1560.00 0% 0 0 17964.6
Serif 5 10874.8 1900.00 0% 0 0 12774.8
Nagram 5 15284.4 1300.00 0% 0 0 16584.4
Waldar 5 10678.6 1900.00 0% 0 25 12603.6

everyone has leveled now. . . .:smallsigh:

Booty (cataloged by Serrif the Skullwearer) :smallwink:
729cp (a tad over 7gp, 2sp, 9cp)
555sp (55gp, 5sp)
646gp
57gp worth of 3 quartz
60gp worth of 6 wooden egg totems
40gp worth of 4 pendants

barbarian's loot - :smallconfused:
potion?
hide armor, magic?
amulet

king's loot - :smallfurious:
potion?
magic bracers
magic returning trident

found near 'compactor' :smallbiggrin:
portobello mushrooms 200gp worth (restorative healing powers unknown)

found near harpies :smallredface:
red exotic leather boots of striding and springing - Serrif has on now
circlet of persuasion?????

Nalio
2007-12-28, 04:34 AM
What does the circlet of prosperity do? I know it gives like a +3 confident bonus, but i have never heard of that before...

Nagrom
2007-12-28, 11:46 AM
The bard is under the understanding that it MIGHT be a circlet of persuasion. But since Nagrom is off assisting Allustran in the research of the Age of Worms, the party does not have a wizard to identify magical items. However some BARDs have been known to cast similar spells. . . . .

Either way, Allustran has offered the party to identify all items at no additional cost outside of the 100gp it takes him to cast it with appropriate spell compoents.

Nagrom
2007-12-30, 08:37 AM
Auruman 6 16445.4 1400.00 1% 14 45 17904.4 posted on the forums and great rping in the forums
Dronin 6 15829.0 1400.00 0% 0 0 17229.0 no awards submitted, none given
Macom 6 17161.1 1400.00 0% 0 0 18561.1 no awards submitted, none given
Nalio 6 16150.4 1400.00 0% 0 0 17550.4 no awards submitted, none given
Relic 6 17964.6 1200.00 0% 0 0 19164.6 no awards submitted, none given
Serif 5 12799.8 1750.00 1% 17.5 35 14602.3 posted on the forums and great rping in the forums
Nagrom 6 16584.4 1200.00 0% 0 0 17784.4 no awards submitted, none given
Waldar 5 12603.6 1750.00 0% 0 0 14353.6 no awards submitted, none given

Waldar and Serif are close to leveling up. Start looking at level 6.
You're guys overall level is below where it should be due to having too many players. But because of that you're able to whoop allot-o ass-o. . .

The next magazine doesn't look as easy. . . .teamwork MIGHT actually have to happen to survive. . .

I'm posting in the forums reference to the night you rested encounter. So watch for it!:smallsmile:

Welcome back Dronin! :smallbiggrin:

Dronin
2008-01-01, 12:28 AM
Saint is on PG 29 and 185 int BoED

I have gone with my origional plan for Dronin right now I am a 5 Cleric 1 Monk next level is Sacred Fist from Compleat Divine

Boudiccus
2008-01-04, 07:17 AM
Suggested NEW RULE.

The owner of "Frostfell" has earned a -1 bonus to his "Dire Hard Gamer" Proficency. Due to lack of playing WEDNESDAY....And thinking that work actually matters...:smallwink:...
-3 or more means "LeeT" status is recinded
-5 player has to end all his emails with:confused: face
-6 player is forced to play half-naked female characters.
-8 Female character must be Half-ORC Bard/Sorcerer

Can I get a SECOND??
:tongue:

Auramun
2008-01-04, 10:05 AM
Hell I'd play a female half-orc sorcerer that only wore a G-string just for GP. . . .

Nalio
2008-01-05, 01:33 AM
2nd on that

Nagrom
2008-01-05, 11:02 AM
So you want me to dress up as a half-orc sorcerer and where a g string?!

OK sure. . . weirdos! :smallwink:

Dronin
2008-01-06, 04:00 AM
NEED TO WASH MY BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

So you want me to dress up as a half-orc sorcerer and where a g string?!

OK sure. . . weirdos! :smallwink:

Nagrom
2008-01-08, 10:14 AM
Glad you guys took the time to divide up the loot. I would like you guys to do that everynight since the dynamic of the group changes from night to night. I hope you thought of people who where not there at the time you divided stuff up.

If you divide it up nightly, it would only take 5 minutes after the game and it would be fair.

Just a thought.:smallsmile:

Nalio
2008-01-09, 02:02 AM
Speaking of which what amulet did i get? and how much g? Paul told me i just dont remember, lots of things going on right now.

Nagrom
2008-01-09, 04:46 AM
I wasn't there, but I think you got a Natural Armor amulet +1

Makom
2008-01-12, 07:24 AM
Auramun - Best Hit
Makom - Best Idea

Waiting for new XP

Dronin
2008-01-12, 11:42 AM
Relic lightning rod
Nalio chew toy

12Jan

Nalio the explorer
Dronin the lucky getting the enemy to fail 3 DC 14s
Macom and Relic the futil trying to get out of the cage
Aramon "im done" for 10rnds
Waldar and Dronin the punchingbag

Nagrom
2008-01-13, 09:52 AM
Auramun - Best Hit
Makom - Best Idea

Waiting for new XP
I was waiting on you guys. Great effort BTW. . . not

NAME LEVEL XP XP GAINED BONUS % TOTAL OTHER END XP OTHER AWARDS
Auruman 6 17904.4 540.00 1% 5.4 0 18449.8 best hit
Dronin 6 17229.0 540.00 0% 0 0 17769.0 no awards submitted, none given
Macom 6 18561.1 540.00 0% 2 0 19103.1 Trying to use handle animal skill on a pissed off chimera
Nalio 6 17550.4 540.00 0% 2 0 18092.4 best attempt to sneak attack a 3 headed monster
Relic 6 19164.6 540.00 0% 0 0 19704.6 no awards submitted, none given
Serif 5 14602.3 500.00 0% 0 0 15102.3 no awards submitted, none given
Nagrom 6 17784.4 450.00 0% 0 0 18234.4 no awards submitted, none given
Waldar 5 14353.6 500.00 0% 0 0 14853.6 no awards submitted, none given

Nagrom
2008-01-13, 09:53 AM
Auruman 6 18449.8 600.00 0% 0 0 19049.8
Dronin 6 17769.0 600.00 2% 12 0 18381.0 Dronin the lucky getting the enemy to fail 3 DC 14s
Macom 6 19103.1 600.00 1% 0 0 19703.1 Macom and Relic the futil trying to get out of the cage
Nalio 6 18092.4 600.00 1% 6 0 18698.4 Nalio the explorer
Relic 6 19704.6 600.00 1% 6 0 20310.6 Macom and Relic the futil trying to get out of the cage
Serif 5 15102.3 642.00 0% 0 0 15744.3
Nagrom 6 18234.4 514.00 0% 0 0 18748.4
Waldar 5 14853.6 750.00 1% 7.5 0 15611.1 Got Bearform?, great Rping

waldar
2008-01-16, 12:21 PM
well let me see if this works this time

Dronin
2008-01-17, 12:33 AM
Makom - best line "he is like a **** that just wont flush"
Aramon - triple kill

Nagrom
2008-01-17, 04:29 AM
well let me see if this works this time

WELCOM WALDAR! :smallsmile:

Nagrom
2008-01-17, 04:34 AM
Auruman 6 19049.8 1950.00 2% 39 0 21038.8 LEVELED CONGRATS First triple kill .. . . Even though they were easy, still cool
Dronin 6 18381.0 1950.00 1% 19.5 0 20350.5 Great continued Rping of Dronin
Macom 6 19703.1 1950.00 1% 19.5 0 21672.6 LEVELED CONGRATS best line "he is like a **** that just wont flush"
Nalio 6 18698.4 1950.00 0% 0 50 20698.4 playing along with DM
Relic 6 20310.6 1671.00 0% 0 0 21981.6 LEVELED CONGRATS
Serif 6 15616.3 1671.00 0% 0 0 17287.3
Nagrom 6 18748.4 1671.00 0% 0 0 20419.4
Waldar 6 15611.1 1950.00 0% 0 20 17581.1 finally logging onto Giant Forums

PLEASE BRING A NEW CHARACTER SHEET WITH YOU TO THE GAMES. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO INCREASE YOUR NEW ACTION POINT TOTALS!!!!!!!:smalltongue:

Nagrom
2008-01-17, 04:40 AM
Party,
Nagrom will make a return from her studies with Alustran. Dronin will take a break to further his training and understanding of his order. The two will split soon in the next two nights.

IMPACT -
better repairing of Relic
less repairing of EVERYONE!
reliance on wands, potions and the AWOL bard
reliance on the shape shifting Drurid with out Spell casting in bear form
without another consistant hitter
more buffs from Nagrom
more ranged attacks from Nagrom
less magic per person (vow of poverty will go away. . . )

Nagrom
2008-01-20, 06:51 AM
Auruman 7 21038.8 1680.00 0% 0 0 22718.8 no awards submitted, none given
Dronin 6 20350.5 1680.00 0% 0 0 22030.5 LEVELED CONGRATS no awards submitted, none given
Macom 7 21672.6 1260.00 0% 0 0 22932.6 no awards submitted, none given
Nalio 6 20698.4 1680.00 0% 0 0 22378.4 LEVELED CONGRATS no awards submitted, none given
Relic 7 21981.6 1050.00 0% 0 0 23031.6 no awards submitted, none given
Serif 6 17287.3 1400.00 0% 0 0 18687.3 no awards submitted, none given
Nagrom 6 20419.4 1400.00 0% 0 0 21819.4 LEVELED CONGRATS no awards submitted, none given
Waldar 6 17581.1 1680.00 3% 50.4 0 19311.5 best idea - rope attack

Dronin
2008-01-20, 10:18 AM
Auruman 7 21038.8 1680.00 0% 0 0 22718.8 no awards submitted, none given
Dronin 6 20350.5 1680.00 0% 0 0 22030.5 LEVELED CONGRATS no awards submitted, none given
Macom 7 21672.6 1260.00 0% 0 0 22932.6 no awards submitted, none given
Nalio 6 20698.4 1680.00 0% 0 0 22378.4 LEVELED CONGRATS no awards submitted, none given
Relic 7 21981.6 1050.00 0% 0 0 23031.6 no awards submitted, none given
Serif 6 17287.3 1400.00 0% 0 0 18687.3 no awards submitted, none given
Nagrom 6 20419.4 1400.00 0% 0 0 21819.4 LEVELED CONGRATS no awards submitted, none given
Waldar 6 17581.1 1680.00 3% 50.4 0 19311.5 best idea - rope attack

and how were we going to submit awards 3hrs after the game?

...still DING!!!!!

Nagrom
2008-01-20, 11:06 AM
We'll see how many folks will respond then I'll add the comments. I'm not anticipating anymore than two out of a party of FIVE.

Makom
2008-01-20, 03:33 PM
Worst Night Ever, Stupid pit.

Most damage Taken: Aurman
Most time spent out of combat (Beacause of a STUPID PIT) : Makom
Biggest Wast of Time: Makom ( Summon Natures ALLY (Eagle) )
Best Idea: The Druid
Most Random Spell: Nalio with the Mist

Nalio
2008-01-21, 03:40 AM
I liked doing the comments through e-mail, i dont get a change to check this that often and by thetime i do, everything is posted already...

Nagrom
2008-01-21, 05:03 AM
Polls are still open. Put your vote in by 1200Tuesday for final XP.

Nagrom
2008-01-21, 06:06 AM
Polls are still open. Put your vote in by 1200Tuesday for final XP.

Dronin
2008-01-21, 08:44 AM
Most Damaged - Auroman
Most Damaging - Auroman
Most Usless - Makom
least damaging - Makom
Mr Lonly - Nalio
Best Idea - Waldor

Nagrom
2008-01-22, 06:50 AM
Waldar. This thread is for out of game chat, coordinating games, XP and other tidbits. Please move the comment to the in game chat. Thanks.

Nagrom

Nagrom
2008-01-24, 01:42 AM
Auruman 7 22752.4 175 0% 0 100 23027.4 returning woman no awards submitted, none given
Dronin 7 22030.5 175 3% 5.25 200 22410.8 returning woman great roleplaying
Macom 7 22932.6 175 1% 0 100 23207.6 returning woman funniest line
Nalio 7 22395.2 175 0% 0 100 22670.2 returning woman no awards submitted, none given
Relic 7 22881.6 175 0% 0 100 23156.6 returning woman no awards submitted, none given
Serif 6 18487.3 150 0% 0 0 18637.3 no awards submitted, none given
Nagrom 7 21619.4 131 0% 0 0 21750.4 no awards submitted, none given
Waldar 6 19311.5 200 1% 2 100 19613.5 returning woman good roleplaying with companions

Good job everyone :smallbiggrin:

Nagrom
2008-01-24, 01:54 AM
OK. The last few nights we've stopped at 2230-2300. I understand that Auruman and Nailo have other missions, but that's the reason Waldar is playing, to assist in the numbers of the party dropping. I appreciate the remaining party staying behind to divide up loot and such (which STILL wasn't done complete). I had planned on completing this adventure for both selfish reasons and for just flow. Last night was fun to listen and watch the team work and sometimes lack of there. There was allot still accomplished last night, but the over all movement was slow.

out of combat, its easier for me to describe on room at a time.

Also, unless you tell me otherwise I'll assume that you have your main weapon in hand. If your carrying a torch or sunrod I'll assume you have it in your shield hand or secondary weapon hand. In combat you'll have to drop your light source to use your weapon or shield effectively.

Here's the magic list as I remember it. Makom has the full list.

Ring of Swimming +5
Ring of Jumping +5
Ring of Protection +2
Heavy Steel Shield +1
Magic rug o'many colors (pretty but no other properties)
soul shards X3 (unknown value)
wand of cure moderate wounds XX charges
potions X3
great axe +1 of cold (Relic claims it)

Nagrom
2008-01-26, 11:39 PM
Grapple rules, summarized:

1. Make a successful melee attack against the whatever you're trying to grapple. This provokes an attack of opportunity. (Close) 2. Survive the attack of opportunity undamaged. (Counterstrike) 3. Make a successful melee touch attack. (Grab) 4. Make an opposed grapple check. (Hold) 5. Move into the same space as the target. (Maintain)

If ALL the above succeed, both the target and attacker are grappled. Both can still, after making a successful grapple check: use a magical item; cast a spell; make an armed attack (with a light weapon) or unarmed attack; draw a light weapon; escape from grapple; move at half speed; pin or break a pin; use your opponent's light weapon against them. After one round of being grappled, EITHER party can attempt to pin the other. While pinned, you can only make an opposed grapple check or escape artist check (whichever is higher) to break pin. You can only speak at your opponent's discretion. There are several more details on disarm checks and so forth, but this covers the basics.

While in a grapple, you both lose your DEX bonus to AC; you lose an additional four points of AC to everyone EXCEPT your grapple opponent while pinned.

Nagrom
2008-01-27, 01:59 AM
OK a little untraditional but I'm on another computer so I don't have the spread sheet on me. But here are the totals for last night:

6th level present for the game = 1925XP
7th level present for the game = 1633XP

6th level NOT present for the game = 1143XP
7th level NOT present for the game = 1225XP

I resently changed the rule for XP. I found that folks that were not here were getting a very large sum of XP for not actually playing. So I changed my house rules (NOT retroactive) to the following:
present for game = total number players present / total XP
NOT present for the game = total number players present +2 / total XP

That way the NOT present guys will always get less than the present guys even if they are lower level. There were a few instances where a 7th level guy who was present for the game was getting LESS than the 6th level guy who wasn't even there! The above numbers kinda reflect my intent.

I'll add this to the spread sheet today, but you can add your own numbers up.

I think there are a few of you that are danger close to leveling up AGAIN. Please make sure you have your next level planned out. Better yet go ahead and level yourself up and have ready for the next night.

Here's the break down of the XP from last night:
Drow EL5
Glyph EL2 (shouldn't gave anything but you guys learned from it, normally a EL5 if you had defeated it)
Octopens EL7 (nasty little buggers huh?)
Large Octopen EL10 (your swarm technique is a result of respecting the deadily attacks of the others you came across)

Nagrom
2008-01-27, 02:32 AM
The next gaming session will see a transition from DMs from Nagrom to Dronin.

One of the things I'm not happy with is the use of critical failures and critical hits. Yes I know I'm the author of the first change. . .

I propose the following changes to the rule, but ultimately think it should be blessed off on all members:

MELEE critical HIT: 20 then 20. MAX damage automatically
MISSLE critical HIT: 20 then 20. MAX damage automatically

MISSLE critical MISS: 1 then 1. LOSE all attacks that round, splash 1d4 for direction
1= 5' square infront of intended target
2=5' square to the left of intended target
3=5' square to the right of intended target
4=5' square to rear or intended target
If the splash is vs. an enemy then it harmlessly bounces off armor. If the splash is vs an character then roll again to hit the character's flat footed AC.

MELEE critical MISS: 1 then 1. LOSE all attacks that round, splash 1d4 for direction-
1= square to the imediate left of yourself in your weapon's threat range,
2=square to the left of intended target in your weapon's threat range,
3=square to the right of intended target in your weapon's threat range
4= square to the immediate right of yourself in your weapon's threat range
If the splash is vs. an enemy then it harmlessly bounces off armor. If the splash is vs an character then roll again to hit the character's flat footed AC.

I like this rule since it's concluded in THIS round. It gets cumbersome knowing that a foul up on the round before is affecting the NEXT one. AND I think its more realisitic to lose the attacks on that round instead of critical missing the first attack of four attacks, make the remaining 3 in that round then just so happen to foul up on the next round. That didn't make since.

I realize that if you DO attack 4 times in a round that the 4th attack critically fails then the only consequence is a miss. UNLESS you roll a 1 to confirm. Then you may hit your bud.

And I also realize that if you roll a 1 then a 2 or better to confirm you just miss as normal with no additional penalties. The second roll is just to see if you double roll your 1's.

1's are always a miss, 20s are always a hit.

What says the group reference the above rule??????:smallredface:

Nagrom
2008-01-27, 02:43 AM
Even though Nagrom stands at 3' tall, with her return also is the return of the Lucious Booty:smallbiggrin: . That's right, the Lucious Booty treasure tracker will find its way into your email boxes!

The intent is to track who has gotten what to assist in the overall power balance for the characters. I (as a player) would like to divide up the loot in two distinct ways:

:smallconfused: temporarily - this gives the party member instant access to a magic item who's properties are either known or unknown. This new item may change the tide of a battle if used properly.

:smallsmile: permanently - at the end of each session, the party determines who gets what. That way we can trade or barter on the forums. For example:
Relic gets a tower shield +3 (he can use and wants:smalltongue: ), Auruman gets enough gold to enchant his scimatars to +1 each:smallwink: , Nailo gets boots of elven kind (he wants:smallamused: ), Nagrom gets several scrolls:smallredface: , but Serrif and Makom get helms of telepathy:smallfurious: . They don't want it, but use them during the adventure. During the times in town they can trade for other items or maybe even sell one to Nagrom who wants to use them to control charmed/dominated creatures better:smallbiggrin: .

I just hate :smallyuk: having a cool item (+1 Greataxe of Cold, +2 Ring of Protection) and not use it right away! Just a thought.

Dronin
2008-01-27, 07:34 AM
I like the new critical for the most part but it dose not cover rules for regular miss and hit

Crit Hit:
Confirm nat 20 MAX DAMAGE
Confirm Hit X2 (X3 for axes)
Confirm Miss regular hit
Confirm nat 1 regular hit

Crit Miss
Confirm nat 20 regular miss
Confirm Hit regular miss
Confirm Miss AoO
Confirm nat 1 Wrong target

Wrong target
MISSLE:
1d8 5ft area clockwise around target starting with behind
MELEE:
1= square to the imediate left of yourself in your weapon's threat range,
2=square to the left of intended target in your weapon's threat range,
4= square to the immediate right of yourself in your weapon's threat range

I agree on it should be resolved the same round

Nagrom
2008-01-27, 08:07 AM
I like the new critical for the most part but it dose not cover rules for regular miss and hit

Crit Hit:
Confirm nat 20 MAX DAMAGE
Confirm Hit X2 (X3 for axes)
Confirm Miss regular hit
Confirm nat 1 regular hit

Crit Miss
Confirm nat 20 regular miss
Confirm Hit regular miss
Confirm Miss AoO
Confirm nat 1 Wrong target

I'm not sure what you mean by this. But I don't think there should be a confirmed miss on a AoO. Since it litterally is a follow thru attack, a back swing, a glancing blow. I almost think that it doesn't critically hit or miss. I can't see that a high level fighter can critically hit on allllllll of his normal attacks THEN hits for a critical on a AoO. Just my 2 cents worth.

Nagrom
2008-01-27, 08:09 AM
OK a little untraditional but I'm on another computer so I don't have the spread sheet on me. But here are the totals for last night:

6th level present for the game = 1925XP
7th level present for the game = 1633XP

6th level NOT present for the game = 1143XP
7th level NOT present for the game = 1225XP
[/SIZE]

Auruman 7 23027.4 1633 2% 32.66 50 24743.1 unselfish act saving party member good team work
Dronin 7 22410.8 1633 2% 32.66 100 24176.4 great heroics saving Nailo from death good team work
Macom 7 23207.6 1633 2% 0 0 24840.6 good team work
Nalio 7 22670.2 1633 3% 48.99 -48 24304.2 destracting Rping great role playing while under domination spell
Relic 7 23306.6 1633 2% 32.66 0 24972.2 good team work
Serif 6 18837.3 1443 0% 0 0 20280.3
Nagrom 7 21950.4 1225 0% 0 0 23175.4
Waldar 6 19613.5 1925 2% 38.5 50 21627.0 LEVELED CONGRATS very patient considering team dissolving around you

Dronin
2008-01-27, 11:07 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by this. But I don't think there should be a confirmed miss on a AoO. Since it litterally is a follow thru attack, a back swing, a glancing blow. I almost think that it doesn't critically hit or miss. I can't see that a high level fighter can critically hit on allllllll of his normal attacks THEN hits for a critical on a AoO. Just my 2 cents worth.

I dont think we are syncing up
the rule as I ment it if you roll a 1 then miss on your confirm then you would have an AoO againt you.

Crit Hit: (roll a Nat 20)
Confirm nat 20 MAX DAMAGE (reroll a Nat 20 again)
Confirm Hit X2 (X3 for axes) (reroll what should have hit normaly)
Confirm Miss regular hit (reroll what should have missed normaly)
Confirm nat 1 regular hit (reroll a Nat 1)

Crit Miss: (roll a Nat 1)
Confirm nat 20 regular miss (reroll a Nat 20)
Confirm Hit regular miss (reroll what should have hit normaly)
Confirm Miss AoO (reroll what should have missed normaly)
Confirm nat 1 Wrong target (reroll a Nat 1)

Nagrom
2008-01-27, 11:53 AM
by giving an AoO you are in effect giving the monster or character the possibility of Combat Reflexes. I don't thing a circumstance should mimic a feat. Plus I was trying to streamline the process. I just can't stand when someone takes forever to resolve an act.

1 then 1 = critical hit or miss
1 then anything else still just a miss

Auramun
2008-01-27, 03:02 PM
I say if you roll a 1 then another 1 you roll again and if you get another 1 the character implodes causing a vortex that causes the universe to suck into a completelly random parallel plane of existance.

Dronin
2008-01-27, 11:38 PM
Not like combat reflexes :smalleek: but open yourself up to one.
its like if you miss so horably you leave yourself open to an AoO.:smallredface:
if they have alredy taken one (opponet not have comat reflex) or taken more than their dex (opponent has comat reflex) then nothing happens.:smallfrown:

if you have it 1 and anything else is just a miss then its not realy a crit fail.
:smallannoyed:

Nagrom
2008-01-28, 12:08 AM
You might want to spell it out for us again, combining mine and your rules. I'm still not following. I do like Auruman's triple ones, implodeing your insides out.

Dronin
2008-01-28, 12:36 AM
:smallannoyed: Ok lets try this again

example AC 18

Roll CRIT :smallbiggrin: Roll NAT 20 :smallbiggrin: MAX Damage X2 (X3 for ax)
Roll CRIT :smallbiggrin: Roll a hit :smallwink: Damage X2 (X3 for ax) (total for confirmation >18)
Roll CRIT :smallbiggrin: Roll a miss :smallfrown: Regular damage (total for confirmation <17)
Roll CRIT miss :smalleek: Roll a Hit :smallwink: Regular miss (total for confirmation >18)
Roll CRIT miss :smalleek: Roll a miss :smallfrown: open for an AoO againt you (total for confirmation <17)
Roll CRIT miss :smalleek: Roll a NAT 1 :smalleek: wrong target

Wrong target selection
MISSLE:
1d8 5ft area clockwise around target starting with behind
MELEE:
1= square to the imediate left of yourself in your weapon's threat range
2=square to the left of intended target in your weapon's threat range
4= square to the imediate right of yourself in your weapon's threat range

If the wrong target is vs. an enemy then it harmlessly bounces off armor/misses compleatly. If the wrong target is vs a PC then roll again to hit the character's flat footed AC.

Nagrom
2008-01-28, 08:22 AM
Sounds good. Let's make it the LAW.

So say we all!

All - So say we all!

Auramun
2008-01-28, 09:51 AM
So say sea-saw.

Nagrom
2008-01-29, 03:38 AM
Sea-saw?

OK save vs WILL! I was so upset that Auruman saved vs. that brain! I was going to have you whomp some arse! Damn the dice!

Auramun
2008-01-29, 05:36 AM
I think it would have been fun to beat up on some of the party--I'm happy I saved though--It would have sucked if we had a party wipe. . . I dont think we would have survived had we not had Makon beat on me-- I took a good bit of damage.

Nagrom
2008-01-29, 07:11 AM
Yeah, I forgot about this part of the adventure. Funny how Nailo turned on you guys at first then both Makom and Nailo this time around.

The hardness on the brain was 8. . . that's why it took awhile to break it.

Auramun
2008-01-29, 10:46 AM
I dont even remember this part of the adventure--I think I had to stop around the time everyone was in Jail. We're definatelly too melee oriented we need more casters--I'm half tempted to take some sorc/wizard levels after I get a couple more dervish levels just for Magic Missile, and work my way up to 3rd or 4th level casting levels then go back to dervish so I can get fireball and lightning bolt.

Nagrom
2008-02-07, 02:36 AM
Funny how a few weeks changed the above comment :smallsmile:

Nagrom
2008-02-07, 02:39 AM
Best Hit - me :) X2
Worst Hit - me :) rolling a one to attack with Orb of Lightening something that is divided by lightning attacks!
Best Creative attack - Nailo's bull rush attack with Brute Shortsword that crushed the undead on the rocks
Worst planned attack - Makom's "slice and dice" attack continuing to use a smart attack with blunt followed by a slicing attack.
Funniest Line - anything the french Auruman says Corniest Line - anything the French Auruman says
Best RP - Serrif's accusation then subsequent HOLD of the guard Second best hit - (also called first looser) Makom :)
Best Idea - Waldar's wildshape to scout ahead
Smartest RP - Nailo for scouting ahead knowing that the slime/pudding thingies wouldn't be hurt by his shortswords

Dronin
2008-02-08, 01:54 AM
Party Level 7.625 32 Shrine of Kyuss DATE 6-Feb-08
NAME LEVEL XP XP GAINED BONUS % OTHER END XP OTHER AWARDS
Auruman 8 30190.43 2800.00 1% 28 0 33018.43 Line
Dronin 8 29014.40 1960.00 0% 0 0 30974.40
Macom 8 30265.27 2800.00 1% 0 0 33065.27 No plan
Nalio 8 30318.20 2800.00 1% 28 0 33146.20 Creative att
Relic 8 30419.53 2800.00 0% 0 0 33219.53
Serif 7 24685.30 3525.00 2% 70.5 0 28280.80 RP
Nagrom 7 27741.40 3525.00 3% 105.75 0 31372.15 Best Hit, Worst Hit, Rider
Waldar 7 27741.00 3525.00 1% 35.25 0 31301.25 Idea

Congratz serif Nagrom and Waldar

Nagrom
2008-02-08, 10:48 AM
8d6 empowered electric fire ball! Oh and I can add the Metamagic Rod to this without increasing the level of the spell. . . meaning I can cast sculpt spell only adding a +1 to the spell. . .

Nagrom
2008-02-10, 03:03 AM
Waldar - incense of mediataion
Wadar - Spoon of Merlin
Relic - Wand of Restoration (36)

15300gp / 7 = 2518gp per character

starting Wednesday I'll divide up the loot for the folks that are present :smallbiggrin: and maybe by encounter so to give loot to folks who actually contribute. :smallmad:

Dronin
2008-02-11, 06:31 AM
Party Level 8 33 Apostle/Demon DATE 9-Feb-08
Auruman 8 33018.43 4200.00 1% 42 0 37260.43 Line
Dronin 8 30974.40 2520.00 0% 0 0 33494.40
Macom 8 33065.27 4200.00 0% 0 0 37265.27
Nalio 8 33146.20 4200.00 3% 126 0 37472.20 RP/Demon slam
Relic 8 33219.53 4200.00 3% 126 0 37545.53 Idea: Turning the box
Serif 8 28280.80 2520.00 0% 0 0 30800.80
Nagrom 8 31372.15 4200.00 0% 0 0 35572.15
Waldar 8 31301.25 4200.00 2% 84 0 35585.25 LION

Congrats Auruman, Macom, Nalio, and Relic

Dronin
2008-02-11, 07:05 AM
OK I read DR lastnight and relised that I have been doing it wrong for YEARS :smallfurious:

Good news for Relic
Bad news for everyone else

it only applys to phisical damage NOT spells or energy

# is how much damage is reduced

the other side is the ONLY thing that will over come it
- = NOTHING can overcome the DR
Alignment = cast Align Weapon or have Holy (Unholy)
+# = Magical enchantment
Weapon Type = Blugioning, Piercing, or Slashing
Alchemical = Admimantite, Silver, or Cold Iron

This means just because you have a magical wepon does not mean you overcome DR

if a monster has 2 types of DR they do not stack but take the best DR per situation

Auramun I re-read Admimantite the overcoming DR only applys to items or sundering.

This would have been a huge part of Sat nights fight because the demon had DR 15/GOOD. :smalleek:

Examples

Relic DR 3/-
Hit by +1 dagger
damage 4phisical
Relic takes 1pt of damage

Relic DR 3/-
Hit by +1 flaming dagger
damage 2phisical 3 fire
Relic takes 3 (phisical is totaly negated but could not negate any fire)

Dronin DR 5/Evil
Hit with +1 Club
Damage 10
Dronin takes 5

Dronin DR 5/Evil
Hit with +1 Unholy Club
Damage 10
Dronin takes 10

$hit Golem DR 5/Blugioning 10/Good
Hit with +5 Greatax
Damage 20
$hit Golem takes 10 Damage

Hit with +5 Holy Greatax
Damage 20
$hit Golem takes 15 Damage

Hit with +5 Greatclub
Damage 20
$hit Golem takes 10 Damage

Hit with +5 Holy Greatclub
Damage 20
$hit Golem takes 20 Damage

Nagrom
2008-02-11, 09:19 AM
Hopefully they'll revamp the DR. I think its overpowered to think that adamintine reduces EVERYTHING including adamintine weapons. Very powerful, considering its one of the cheapest upgrades.

One of the monsters I played as the DM had a high DR and I played him right. But I didn't know that Relic's pre armor enchantment blocked EVERYTHING at level one. Stupid if you ask me.

I'm sure the light fighters will start wearing adamintine boxer shorts now :smallbiggrin:

Dronin
2008-02-11, 11:53 AM
Auramun I re-read Admimantite the overcoming DR only applys to items or sundering.

Only Items not creatures

Auramun
2008-02-11, 04:44 PM
Yea but I overcome the DR against creatures like constructs that have a DR/5 Adamantine that's my only concern. I knew it didn't overcome things like silver/cold iron etc just against adamantine, I also dont have to worry about having my weapons sundered as much with adamantine and if i try to sunder i get a better chance to.

Nalio
2008-02-12, 05:00 AM
Ok everything you just said, if you could dumb that down to a 3rd grade lvl for me, that... would be awesome...

Nagrom
2008-02-13, 08:15 AM
I actually don't understand it either, or I'm understanding it from the prepective of how I think it should work.

Relic's adamintine armor SHOULD be hit normally from other adamintine or any magic weapons with out DR. Normal attacks should be reduced.

But we'll see how the DM does it. Wether we agree on it or not.

Dronin
2008-02-13, 09:14 AM
I will explain it tonight
but if you want to look it up DMG 291

Admimantite is DMG283

Nagrom
2008-02-13, 11:19 AM
I really just like to post to get a 'higher' ranking on the forums. . . i'm a dwarf now. Skipped right over Gnome. . . go figure, just like 4.0. By the way the WOTC site is up.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/durr/20071105 (WOTC)

Dronin
2008-02-14, 10:02 AM
Party Level 8.5 34 Blade DATE 13-Feb-08
Auruman 9 37260.43 1620.00 0% 0 0 38880.43
Dronin 8 33494.40 2160.00 0% 0 0 35654.40
Macom 9 37265.27 4050.00 1% 40.5 0 41355.77 Best Roll
Nalio 9 37472.20 4050.00 2% 81 0 41603.20 Best HIT
Relic 9 37545.53 1620.00 0% 0 0 39165.53
Serif 8 30800.80 2160.00 0% 0 0 32960.80
Nagrom 8 35572.15 5400.00 2% 108 0 41080.15 Great spells
Waldar 8 35585.25 5400.00 1% 54 0 41039.25 RP

CONGRATS Nagrom and Waldar

Auramun
2008-02-14, 04:28 PM
Wow that was a good bit of XP there--and Relic and I didn't even get half of what everyone else the same level got.

Auramun
2008-02-14, 04:32 PM
Party Level 8 33 Apostle/Demon DATE 9-Feb-08
Auruman 8 33018.43 4200.00 1% 42 0 37260.43 Line
Dronin 8 30974.40 2520.00 0% 0 0 33494.40
Macom 8 33065.27 4200.00 0% 0 0 37265.27
Nalio 8 33146.20 4200.00 3% 126 0 37472.20 RP/Demon slam
Relic 8 33219.53 4200.00 3% 126 0 37545.53 Idea: Turning the box
Serif 8 28280.80 2520.00 0% 0 0 30800.80
Nagrom 8 31372.15 4200.00 0% 0 0 35572.15
Waldar 8 31301.25 4200.00 2% 84 0 35585.25 LION

Congrats Auruman, Macom, Nalio, and Relic

Like this one for instance--still got substantially less but still around half the XP that was given to everyone else.

Dronin
2008-02-15, 12:09 AM
Many things are concidered for XP
Lev of char
CR of monster
How many people are there

people of the same level will get diferent amounts if they are
CR 11 Mon for a Lev 7 Char = 8400 for the party
that is then divided between the 4 people who are present = 2100XP
the people who are not present get a standard 1/10 = 840XP
if there were 6 people present then it would be = 1400XP

HTH

Nagrom
2008-02-15, 10:53 AM
Roger. When I was DMing I really messed up by giving the folks who were NOT there TOTAL PLAYERS + ONE / TOTAL.

I saw a big benefit from Serrif who leveled TWICE when his player was on leave. Then I made the change TOTAL PLAYERS +TWO / TOTAL.

But you can see how that still isn't fair. So Paul made his rule. But when you think of all of the XP that folks have gotten to date, it really levels out. Plus the suggested rules in the DMG say to not give ANYONE XP for not playing. But it also says that character within 3 levels of one another are competivtive to monsters of the party average level.

Plus that was a TOUGH fight. We really lucked out on that one. Without Nailo hitting them hard, an awesome double 20 roll from Makom and Nagrom's spells that she luckily memorized the night before, it would have been a party wipe. . . .

1/10 might be a bit much but so is 3/4's (for not being there at all).

Dronin
2008-02-15, 11:55 AM
1/10th is not there +2
8 not playing +2

Nagrom
2008-02-16, 09:30 AM
1/100 is saying your going to be there, hand off your character sheet that's two levels behind what it should be :smallbiggrin:

Nagrom
2008-02-16, 10:51 AM
Dronin,
Please deduct 1000XP from Nagrom.
One of her level 5 spells is permanent. Now she has:

permanent Detect Magic 500XP
permanent Resistence 500XP

Thanks,
Nagrom

Nagrom
2008-02-16, 11:08 PM
The fall of Makom and then the rise of Makoma or Ma-koma or Makomisa or La Makomas or whatever was tradgic. May the weed wacker be remembered much like the tight wearing, indecisive bard that fell on the level 1 shores long ago.

Here's to you Makom! May your memories live to at least the next game session!

Best RP - Waldar sniffing, scratching, howeling
Worst RP -
Best idea - Waldar pushing scroll
Worst idea - Waldar "let's just bring the scroll upstairs!"
Best hit - monster killing Makom
Worst hit -
Best roll - nagrom's nat 20 on resistence vs the scroll - MADE
Worst roll -
Best luck - artist formerly known as Makom's reincarnate roll BACK to dwarf
Worst luck - then rolling as FEMALE
Funniest line - Waldar. "No your a Dorc. Part dwarf part orc!"
Worst line -

good job last night. those hits would have killed anyone of us. Maybe Makom's death will increase the odd of us loosing next time. (little meta gaming there)

Nagrom
2008-02-16, 11:25 PM
Folks that were present for the 13FEB game - Waldar, Nailo, Makom, Nagrom

3000gp (back from betting 1000gp initially)
1250gp (split share from the win)

Folks that were present for the 16FEB game - Waldar, Nailo, Makom, Relic, Nagrom

4000gp (back from betting 1000gp initially)
2000gp (split share from the win with Makom or more since he died?)

XP roughly (Dronin will put out real numbers)
2160 LV9 participants
2880 LV8 participants

Auramun
2008-02-17, 03:55 PM
Sorry I missed the past couple days guys, had to get rest for the combatives tourny yesturday. I'll try to make it next go round--

Dronin
2008-02-19, 05:46 AM
Party Level 8.625 35 Madtooth DATE 16-Feb-08
Auruman 9 38880.43 1080.00 0% 0 0 39960.43
Dronin 8 35654.40 1440.00 0% 0 0 37094.40
Macom 8 32000.00 2400.00 0% 0 0 34400.00
Nalio 9 41603.20 1800.00 0% 0 0 43403.20
Relic 9 39165.53 1800.00 0% 0 0 40965.53
Serif 8 32960.80 1440.00 0% 0 0 34400.80
Nagrom 9 41080.15 1800.00 0% 0 -1000 41880.15 Permanancy
Waldar 9 41039.25 1800.00 2% 36 -1000 41875.25 Rencarnate Resurect

Dronin
2008-02-19, 05:52 AM
This next one may end up being our last for this mag
at least it should be done this week

Auramun
2008-02-20, 02:34 AM
Well the Elven fighter was out with a 'stomach' bug due to the mushed up worms he smothered all over himself. But he should make a return tonight--if he doesn't he bids 5000gp on the group regardless.

Nagrom
2008-02-20, 03:51 AM
I'll need the next mag if I'm going to DM. . . FYI

also, i recommend someone thinking about playing Nagrom. It's getting tricky at higher levels NOT to have an arcane caster in a 9th level group

Dronin
2008-02-21, 04:51 AM
Party Level 8.75 36 Final Round… Fight! DATE 20-Feb-08
Auruman 9 39960.43 4125.00 0% 0 0 44085.43
Dronin 9 37094.40 2475.00 0% 0 0 39569.40
Macom 8 34400.00 3040.00 0% 0 0 37440.00
Nalio 9 43403.20 4125.00 0% 0 0 47528.20
Relic 9 40965.53 2475.00 0% 0 0 43440.53
Serif 8 34400.80 3040.00 2% 60.8 0 37501.60 Idea and hit
Nagrom 9 41880.15 4125.00 0% 0 0 46005.15
Waldar 9 41875.25 4125.00 1% 41.25 0 46041.50 Idea

Congrats Macom(the orc), Naio (the not so stupid anymore), Nagrom (the so very very small), and Waldor (the eaten)

Nagrom
2008-02-22, 09:16 AM
Dronin,
Could you send me the XP on Excell. That way I can start tracking it again. Also are you dividing the XP by 10 for folks that don't show?

Party,
You'll need a lusious booty tracker too.

Makom,
If you have a plan to play "makom's brother" (aka the orginal Makom) I'll need a storyline before hand.

Nailo,
As stated before, you're not stupid anymore. No really, you're a smart, attractive person. And gosh darnit people like you!

Nalio
2008-02-23, 04:35 AM
Its like my therapy sessions all over again. We get out winnings right? Like, everything, like, my bet i made with the theives guild right?

Nagrom
2008-02-24, 01:30 AM
Its like my therapy sessions all over again. We get out winnings right? Like, everything, like, my bet i made with the theives guild right?

resolved last night

Nagrom
2008-02-24, 01:31 AM
Auruman 10 44585.43 500.00 0% 0 0 45085.43
Dronin 9 39974.40 675.00 2% 13.5 10 40672.90 team player Good RP
Vincent 9 35000.00 675.00 0% 0 0 35675.00 welcome, background?
Nalio 10 48203.20 500.00 0% 0 0 48703.20
Relic 10 43940.53 300.00 0% 0 0 44240.53
Serif 9 37906.60 405.00 0% 0 0 38311.60
Nagrom 10 46680.15 300.00 0% 0 0 46980.15
Waldar 10 46716.50 500.00 0% 0 0 47216.50

Auramun
2008-02-25, 12:34 AM
Good luck getting a background from Vincent Eddie--you still haven't gotten a background from Makon. I think you scared him the first time you killed his character. . . It is kind of messed up that he's the only toon that's died. . . 2 times.

Nalio
2008-02-25, 08:01 AM
Pfft, builds character lol. Looking at the XP for a secound there i thought that the total XP was the XP gained, i was like... HOLY ****! then i came to my senses, and i have to admit, im alittle sad...

Nalio
2008-02-25, 08:07 AM
Oh and Frostfell, your signiture is wrong, you have 2 PKs, remember Arch, from last deployment, you BASTARD!

Nalio
2008-02-25, 08:14 AM
How does one put enchants on weapons using TOS+?

Dronin
2008-02-25, 12:14 PM
No I killed Macom...:smallfrown:

Auramun
2008-02-25, 05:45 PM
Yea you killed Makon but Eddie Killed Arch=Erics character in OIF III and he killed Fernando=Mike's Bard this deployment.

Nagrom
2008-02-26, 04:32 AM
It's all about Mike, nonne likes him:smalltongue: kidding, we just distain his characters :smallbiggrin: also kidding

Nalio
2008-02-27, 01:10 AM
He hehe, so not kidding...:smallamused:

Auramun
2008-02-27, 04:04 PM
Of course he's kidding. . .

Nagrom
2008-02-28, 02:03 AM
Auruman 10 45085.43 0.00 0% 0 0 45085.43
Dronin 10 40672.90 0.00 0% 0 0 40672.90
Vincent 9 35675.00 1800.00 30% 540 0 38015.00 showing up, good tactics
Nalio 10 48703.20 0.00 0% 0 0 48703.20
Relic 10 44240.53 0.00 0% 0 0 44240.53
Serif 9 38311.60 0.00 0% 0 0 38311.60
Nagrom 10 46980.15 0.00 0% 0 0 46980.15
Waldar 10 47216.50 0.00 0% 0 0 47216.50

DM to party
Vincent's "Flashback" occurred a week before he was on the heels of the party. Tasked by another Lizard folk tribe, Vincent and two Lizardmen travel to a remote ruined fountain. There they were supposed to drop in a shard of signaling that would rally the friendly lizard folk against the evil ones.

At the site, they were ambushed by two trolls. The troll brothers killed the two lizardfolk easily enough then it was Vincent who bravely fought them off using keen senses and abilities.

At the fountain, he was surprised that the fountain has another figure that was not expected. A huge water elemental demanded a password that the lizardfolk either did not give him or unaware of such guardian.

The water elemental made Vincent very humble by slamming him to the ground left for dead. The elemental thought Vincent for dead, retreated into the deeper waters of the ancient fountain.

An hour later a very weak Vincent courageously threw the shard in, successfully completing his mission. A green vortex of light sprung up then flying to all directions alerting the peaceful tribes of the approaching surge of evil.

Boudiccus
2008-02-28, 06:51 AM
Unfortunately Serrif has a Plague malidy at the present and spends as much time in bed as possible while his "NEW Equipment is being prepared... about 7 days game time from what the books say"

The following adjustments from sales and purchases will be made.

sell Mithral Chainmail to buy Mithral Breastplate
Then have it Enchanted to +2 for 4100gp

sell +2 charisma cloak and imbue +2 Charisma on Circlet of persuassion

Buy gloves of Deflection and imbule them with +2 Dex for 5400gp

And Seeker enchantment to +1 Heavy repeating Crossbow for 6000gp

Add +1 to my Masterworked silver Rapier for 2000gp

that leaves me with a grand total of 1335gp left over for Brothel services and the rental of rooms for a year.. :)

I hope to play again in the future...... by the way i'll be more than happy to stop getting EXP for not playing I'll stay at the 36300 from the last tim i played:smallsmile: :smallbiggrin:

Nagrom
2008-02-28, 12:09 PM
Bou,
Naw, we'll keep giving you XP. Seriff changed the rule to /10 when someone isn't present for the game. Last night, Vincent (formerlly known as Makom) went on a solo task. I didn't give anyone other than him XP since he was the ONLY ONE TO SHOW UP.
Anyways, we'll need your smooth limerics and trashy lyrics!

Nagrom

Nagrom
2008-02-28, 04:25 PM
Before you confidently start wearing your new garb from the Magic Items Compendium, check out the rules on page 233. It's a tad confusing, but this may help. It's not as cheap as some of you thought orginally.

if you have an item that is worn on one place on your body AND you want to add another power to a similar location then:

NORMALLY - - ring of feather fall 2200 and ring of jumping 2500

YOU HAVE ring of jumping 2500. You want to add ring of feather fall 2200. Then the ADDED price is 1.5 X 2200(new lesser power) = 3300

YOU HAVE feather fall 2200. You want to add ring of jumping 2500. Then the ADDED price is 1100(half of lesser power) + 2500(new powerful) = 3600

other examples

YOU HAVE boots of striding and springing 5500. You want to add 'of elven kind' 2500. Then the ADDED price is 1.5 X 2500(new lesser power) = 3750gp.

YOU HAVE boots of elven kind 2500. You want to add 'of striding and springing' 5500. Then the ADDED price is 1250(half of lesser power) + 5500(new powerful) = 6750gp.

In the second example, if you were to add the new cost to the orginal price you'll find that both equal to 9250gp. The same no matter which one you add first.

Nagrom
2008-02-28, 04:36 PM
. . . BUT as in above, Nagrom can make Wonderous Items at HALF cost. So you can see how the industrious little gnome can assist in getting what items empowered at fractions of the cost.

Due to the XP hit she'll take, she'll make items that are 3/4 times the going rate on the market. This compensates for the XP hit and possible spell compoents and/or scrolls needed to scribe.

example

4000gp Bracers of Ogre Strength in the market
2000gp raw material for same bracers, 160XP, (plus possible scroll needed)
=
3000gp for a party member

Nagrom
2008-03-11, 09:16 AM
I see that no one reads this any more heh?

Auramun
2008-03-11, 05:28 PM
I check it daily.

Dronin
2008-03-11, 08:31 PM
I dont check it. it checks on me
I get an email every time it updates... then I check it.

Now on the other hand if I have something to post about it is somthing else.

Auramun
2008-03-11, 11:07 PM
Tonights session of DND should be to commemorate Gygax.

Nagrom
2008-03-12, 11:57 AM
Huh? Did he croak or something????? :smalleek:

if not then we should toast to the redeployment gods to put me on MB4!

Dronin
2008-03-12, 07:00 PM
Yes Gary Gygax, the father of table top gameing died:smallfrown:

Incedently im on the same flight

Nagrom
2008-03-13, 01:02 AM
actually I'm sure what flight I'm on and since we don't have a replacement (much like you don't) then its funny that our employers are putting us on flights. . . .

Nagrom
2008-03-22, 05:10 AM
should we drive on with level 10 magic items or get buffed up with higher level stuff? I know some of the party is carrying +1 stuff. Of course it's +1, magic axe of face shaving and rat bane but still :)

Nagrom
2008-04-19, 12:21 PM
It appears that the Fellowship of the Game is waning. It was a fun ride. BUT there is still room for dice to be thrown. If you guys are still interested in playing let me know. My LT is back so I have more predictable hours pending additional 107's. . .