PDA

View Full Version : Armor enchantments on headgear

Irreverent Fool
2007-09-09, 06:10 AM
(Insert unnecessary background information explaining why I'm asking this here.)

I want to put the 'glamered' quality on a helmet. The cost for a whole suit of armor is listed as 2,700 gold. Are there any precedents for something like this or am I stuck assigning the whole amount to the cost of the helmet?

Skjaldbakka
2007-09-09, 06:13 AM
You should just use a Hat of Disguise. Better effect, cheaper cost.

Hat of Disguise
This apparently normal hat allows its wearer to alter her appearance as with a disguise self spell. As part of the disguise, the hat can be changed to appear as a comb, ribbon, headband, cap, coif, hood, helmet, and so on.

Faint illusion; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, disguise self; Price 1,800 gp.

Quietus
2007-09-09, 06:52 AM
You should just use a Hat of Disguise. Better effect, cheaper cost.

Not if he's looking for a way to Glamer an existing helmet, rather than just get a helmet that looks different.

I'm fairly certain that there's no precedent for lowering the cost of Glamering a helmet - you're paying for the magic, which doesn't scale due to size.

Zincorium
2007-09-09, 07:09 AM
Helmets, unless special ones like the helm of telepathy or briliance, are considered to be part and parcel of a normal suit of armor. Glamer on your armor would also affect any helmet you wear, the same as it would affect gauntlets of ogre power or any other piece of gear which forms a part of a suit of armor.

Really, I'd kind of like to see the apparently irrelevant background behind why you need to have glamer on a helm as opposed to a full suit of armor. It might help when giving alternatives or explaining how it works.