PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Simple Spell Question Help

tstewt1921
2018-06-26, 10:48 AM
Is there a feat, item, or an ability in a class that allows your concentration spells to continue after starting without continuing to concentrate on them, much like the bard's feat lingering song? If so can you direct me to where to find it?

lylsyly
2018-06-26, 11:01 AM
Have a Concentration Guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?333767-3-5-Concentration-Optimization-Guide). Best of my knowledge there isn't anything that will do what you wish. I'm sure others will prove me wrong ;D

tstewt1921
2018-06-26, 11:04 AM
Have a Concentration Guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?333767-3-5-Concentration-Optimization-Guide). Best of my knowledge there isn't anything that will do what you wish. I'm sure others will prove me wrong ;D

This focuses more on the skill Concentration and not the use of a Concentration Spell.

lylsyly
2018-06-26, 11:06 AM
And the skill Concentration is what you use to make Concentration checks on your spells.

Fouredged Sword
2018-06-26, 11:34 AM
The concentrate duration does not require concentration checks to maintain unless there are enviormental factors such as taking damage.

A belt of battle may give you a round to do other things, but that is more about actions than concentration.

Regardless of your actions casting another spell breaks concentration.

PunBlake
2018-06-26, 11:40 AM
The only really relevant thing here is the Skill Trick Swift Concentration (Complete Scoundrel), which is a 1/encounter effect that lets you concentrate on the spell as a swift action for one round. Once again, this is action economy and not exactly what you want, but it's close.

Extending a spell that already has a duration of concentration +N <increments> will double N; most spells with duration like this are illusions, though.

There may be a spell that allows concentrating on two effects at once, but if it exists, I can't find it right now.

Goaty14
2018-06-26, 12:02 PM
And the skill Concentration is what you use to make Concentration checks on your spells.

No, that's a thread about pumping the concentration skill. He wants an ability to be able to concentrate on a spell without spending actions to do so.

OTOH:
-Swift Concentration Skill Trick (CS, allows you to concentrate as a swift action)
-Spirit Guardian Class Feature (Spirit Shaman, 10th level).

tyckspoon
2018-06-26, 01:39 PM
There may be a spell that allows concentrating on two effects at once, but if it exists, I can't find it right now.

Sonorous Hum, Spell Compendium. Once you cast it the next Concentration spell is automatically maintained by Sonorous Hum up to Hum's duration. If you happen to be psionic you can also use Schism and have your split mind do the concentrating or use Solicit Psicrystal to transfer the concentration to your familiar rock.

PunBlake
2018-06-26, 02:32 PM
Sonorous Hum, Spell Compendium. Once you cast it the next Concentration spell is automatically maintained by Sonorous Hum up to Hum's duration. If you happen to be psionic you can also use Schism and have your split mind do the concentrating or use Solicit Psicrystal to transfer the concentration to your familiar rock.

Thank you. Sonorous Hum is definitely what I was remembering. I forgot about Schism, but that's actually better.

As an additional way to buff your concentration check not listed in the guide linked above, the spell Aiming at the Target (Spell Compendium) gives a +10 circumstance bonus to Concentration checks to maintain concentration on a spell, can be cast as an immediate action (ie. in response to an attack), and has a duration of the spell you're concentrating on, up to 20 minutes.

tstewt1921
2018-06-28, 10:55 AM
Thanks! I will definitely pick up that spell. My DM has also gave me a homebrew feat that allows my concentration spells to remain for 1d6 rounds after I stop concentrating on the spell.