PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Oath Of The Wanderer

JNAProductions
2018-06-26, 03:50 PM
Tenets Of A Wanderer

Explore Far And Wide. A Wanderer should travel to the ends of the earth and beyond.

Never Stop. Never resting, a Wanderer should always be on the lookout for new experiences, new places, new things.

Guide Others. One should help others follow the same path-never forcing them, but leading them to a new and better life.

Oath Spells

3rd
Longstrider, Jump

5th
Misty Step, Knock

9th
Fly, Water Breathing

13th
Dimension Door, Freedom Of Movement

17th
Teleportation Circle, Passwall

Channel Divinity

At level three, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.

Don't Stop Me Now! As a reaction, you can use this Channel Divinity to reroll a failed save, if the save would paralyze you, stun you, restrain you, reduce your movement speed, or in any other way stop you from being able to move fully.

Grace And Alacrity. As an action, you can cause up to ten people (including yourself, if you choose to) to gain advantage on ability checks pertaining to movement for ten minutes, such as any checks made to climb, checks made to balance, checks made to continue running for extended periods, and other such things.

Aura Of Speed

At seventh level, your wandering soul grants you and your allies supernatural speed. You and all friendly creatures that start their turn within 10' of you gain a 10' increase to their movement speed for their turn, and may Dash as a bonus action.

At eighteenth level, the range of this aura expands to 30'.

Everfree

At fifteenth level, you are under a permanent Freedom of Movement effect.

A Blaze Of Glory

At twentieth level, you are able to temporarily summon up massive reserves of strength and speed when your need is most dire. As an action, you summon these powers for one minute.

While the minute lasts, you gain the following effects:

-You are under the effects of a Haste spell
-All allies within 60' of you gain the benefits of a Freedom Of Movement spell
-You can teleport up to 120' to a spot you can see as a bonus action

Composer99
2018-06-26, 06:21 PM
Would it be overdoing it to give your allies haste as well as part of Blaze of Glory?

JNAProductions
2018-06-26, 07:01 PM
Would it be overdoing it to give your allies haste as well as part of Blaze of Glory?

Probably. It could stand to have more, but I think Haste on EVERYONE is too much.

leogobsin
2018-06-26, 09:12 PM
Probably. It could stand to have more, but I think Haste on EVERYONE is too much.

What about everyone else is under the effects of Freedom of Movement and Expeditious Retreat?

JNAProductions
2018-06-26, 10:03 PM
What about everyone else is under the effects of Freedom of Movement and Expeditious Retreat?

They already get that, in effect, by being within 30' of you. Your aura.

Ziegander
2018-06-27, 03:02 AM
It's too focused on movement and movement speed for me. I like the tenets, I like the spell list, but the class features don't evoke a wanderer in any conceptual way, it's just a speedster class. Oath of the Unstoppable, maybe, or Oath of the Swiftblade, but, I don't know that the mechanics feel like a wanderer to me.

What makes a wanderer a wanderer? Why do they wander and what drives them to continue wandering?