PDA

View Full Version : What can I do with my Cleric?

Zenoroth
2018-06-26, 05:12 PM
Hello playgrounders!
I'm looking for help with direction for my cleric build:

LG Half Orc Cleric of Wee Jas (Domains: Death -evils spells traded for Repose domain ones-, Magic)
Str: 14
Dex: 10
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 16
Cha: 16

Feats: Improved Initiative

This is set in stone (maybe I can get the feat retrained later), what I need is advice as to which direction I can take this.
I was thinking going for Thaumaturge and summon stuff, but I'm not sure (Nightsticks are off the table, but not DMM if it can be supported without them).
Also, I'm in no position to buy gear at least for a few levels for how the campaign is going (I have a chain shirt, heavy shield and morningstar, dagger and longspear for weapons).

I'm allowed to use PHB, DMG, PHBII, Complete Divine, Arcane, Warrior, Adventurer, Spell Compendium, and maybe the other books from the Complete series (need to ask my DM), nothing else.

Thanks in advance!

BowStreetRunner
2018-06-26, 11:45 PM
Church Inquisitor is one of the earliest PrCs to which you would have access. It would give you access to the Inquisition Domain along with its +4 bonus on dispel checks. The prerequisites aren't all that hard to meet. And you can step out of it again at any level you like if you are going into Thaumaturge or something else like that.

It's too bad that Tome of Battle isn't on the table. When you hear Cleric of Wee Jas, the Ruby Knight Vindicator often comes to mind.

nintendoh
2018-06-26, 11:47 PM
Chuck e cheese

AnimeTheCat
2018-06-27, 06:52 AM
Hello playgrounders!
I'm looking for help with direction for my cleric build:

LG Half Orc Cleric of Wee Jas (Domains: Death -evils spells traded for Repose domain ones-, Magic)
Str: 14
Dex: 10
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 16
Cha: 16

Feats: Improved Initiative

This is set in stone (maybe I can get the feat retrained later), what I need is advice as to which direction I can take this.
I was thinking going for Thaumaturge and summon stuff, but I'm not sure (Nightsticks are off the table, but not DMM if it can be supported without them).
Also, I'm in no position to buy gear at least for a few levels for how the campaign is going (I have a chain shirt, heavy shield and morningstar, dagger and longspear for weapons).

I'm allowed to use PHB, DMG, PHBII, Complete Divine, Arcane, Warrior, Adventurer, Spell Compendium, and maybe the other books from the Complete series (need to ask my DM), nothing else.

Thanks in advance!

Well, clerics are pretty adaptive. What are you wanting to do with your character? Do you have a goal or vision in your mind of where you see this character at the height of his career?

If you're summoning things, you could consider Spell Focus (Conjuration) and Augment Summoning. To make summoning spells better, you could also consider picking up Rapid Spell (Complete Divine, pg 84). Summon Monster usually has a 1 round casting time, changing that to a standard action with rapid spell will let you summon and act in the same round, and open up the opportunity to use DMM on something other than Persistant spell, such as DMM Rapid Spell to get a standard action summon spell without increasing the spell level. Just an option that can apply to all of your spells that take more than 1 standard action.