PDA

View Full Version : PbP tabletop games

Were-Sandwich
2007-09-09, 08:52 AM
Do you think it would be feasible to play a tabletop wargame like 40K or warhammer over the forums PbP boards? One person (or an impartial arbiter) would have to take care of updating the map. The board's roll function would take care of dice rolls. All that would be necessary is a good way of pointing to points on the map.

What do you guys think?

onasuma
2007-09-09, 09:00 AM
Yes i do. I do so often.

Get vassal, use it for the board representations, screen shot the table post it up, and let your opponent have a turn. Easy.

Jacob_Gallagher
2007-09-09, 10:10 AM
Vassal is wonderful.

Were-Sandwich
2007-09-09, 10:12 AM
Care to link? Or explain?

Logic
2007-09-09, 04:09 PM
If this is true, I could get into Warhammer without making a huge dent in my paycheck. If someone gets this to work, please PM with the time and place (thread) this is to begin. I shall learn QUICKLY.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-10, 10:33 AM
ill play too if anyone has a game goin please peole im begging you i already can only play dnd once evry 2 weeks let alone that i missed itall summer

Raiser Blade
2007-09-11, 05:47 PM
There is an excellent program for playing heroclix online if anyones interested

Warshrike
2007-09-16, 07:28 AM
Count me in if you get it working!! I only know the rules for 40k, though... And not well, hehe.

Anyway, pm me if you find a way... Maybe alter the rules slightly... Use Hexes that are 1" each or something for movement??

Edit: And if it can work for Card Games(I've seen Yu-Gi-Oh and am involved in Magic myself) And RPG's, it'd work for strats!!
Plus, it'd allow for Roleplaying for those that wanted it... After all, you can't pause in a meatlife game to write a bunch of ingame fluff... Well, I guess you -could- but your opponent might get pissed...