PDA

View Full Version : I am loving the crap out of Cuphead.

Some Android
2018-06-27, 04:04 PM
Not sure what to say about it that hasn't already been said. I love the art. The game play is great. An original concept that play homage to older art styles. Amazing.

So far I've beaten the carrot guy, the two frog boxers, the flower, and the blue ooze guy. I've tried to beat the zeppelin lady, but she's hard. I got up to the part in that boss fight where she turns into the moon, so I'm kind of close to beating her. Might play some more later today.

If I have one complaint it's that the game doesn't tell you it has an auto-save feature. Of if it does I missed that message. I was worried about losing my progress and was looking all over for a place to save.

Brookshw
2018-06-27, 04:33 PM
Agreed, great game, tons of fun.

Olinser
2018-06-27, 04:52 PM
It's actually a lot better since they cleaned up the weapon exploit that made the game ridiculously easy.

Still a lot of fun.

Psyren
2018-06-27, 04:58 PM
Yeah it was a pain (especially the last two bosses) but it was the most fun I've had in a run-and-gun sidescroller since, well, Megaman.

It's actually a lot better since they cleaned up the weapon exploit that made the game ridiculously easy.

Damn, now I wish I knew about this. Elaborate?

Olinser
2018-06-27, 05:25 PM
Yeah it was a pain (especially the last two bosses) but it was the most fun I've had in a run-and-gun sidescroller since, well, Megaman.

Damn, now I wish I knew about this. Elaborate?

Hitting 'switch weapon' allowed you to instantly fire a shot of the new weapon regardless of charge time. So rapidly switching between weapons let you rapid-fire 2 heavy damage weapons.

So speedrunners were using Lobber and Roundabout and just hammering the weapon switch button and killing bosses in literally seconds.

EDIT - I believe the WR 100% Speedrun is right about 40 minutes because of this. They're probably going to have to invalidate the leaderboard.

Here's a link to one Cuphead speedrun that showcases this. As soon as he gets both Lobber and Roundabout he beats bosses in 15 seconds or less. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Tw4sm34LQ

Some Android
2018-06-27, 08:49 PM
I beat the blimp lady!

Then I fought a creepy balloon clown and baroness made out of candy who is perfect waifu material. Mmm...candy.

Psyren
2018-06-27, 11:38 PM
Hitting 'switch weapon' allowed you to instantly fire a shot of the new weapon regardless of charge time. So rapidly switching between weapons let you rapid-fire 2 heavy damage weapons.

So speedrunners were using Lobber and Roundabout and just hammering the weapon switch button and killing bosses in literally seconds.

EDIT - I believe the WR 100% Speedrun is right about 40 minutes because of this. They're probably going to have to invalidate the leaderboard.

Here's a link to one Cuphead speedrun that showcases this. As soon as he gets both Lobber and Roundabout he beats bosses in 15 seconds or less. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Tw4sm34LQ

Gotcha. (a) this is why leaderboards are useless, and (b) I feel even cooler having beat it without that :smallcool:

I beat the blimp lady!

Then I fought a creepy balloon clown and baroness made out of candy who is perfect waifu material. Mmm...candy.

I hated that damn clown. The bee was also more annoying than most.

Elanasaurus
2018-06-28, 03:59 AM
Villain song. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzaTxSLzP6A)
:elan:

Some Android
2018-06-28, 01:43 PM
I fought a dragon, then I got all the way to Isle III. Then I fought a bee, but couldn't beat her.

Psyren
2018-06-28, 02:00 PM
I fought a dragon, then I got all the way to Isle III. Then I fought a bee, but couldn't beat her.

She's a PITA but you'll get her eventually.

Some Android
2018-06-28, 02:04 PM
She's a PITA but you'll get her eventually.

I've gotten up to the part where she turns into a plane.

Also what's a PITA?:smallconfused:

Olinser
2018-06-28, 02:12 PM
I've gotten up to the part where she turns into a plane.

Also what's a PITA?:smallconfused:

Pain
In
The
A**

Some Android
2018-06-28, 02:54 PM
Pain
In
The
A**

Well I don't own a donkey, so I should be good then.:smallwink:

Some Android
2018-07-03, 04:52 PM
I did it! I beat the devil!!!

Anyone else think King Dice was way tougher than the Devil?

Psyren
2018-07-03, 05:19 PM
I did it! I beat the devil!!!

Anyone else think King Dice was way tougher than the Devil?

It's not just you.

Some Android
2018-07-03, 05:20 PM
It's not just you.

YAY! Validation!:smallbiggrin: