PDA

View Full Version : Can this trick be done with action point, cull wand essence, and few other things??

animewatcha
2018-06-27, 07:43 PM
Saw post about Prohecy's Artifex using wand as swift action and wand surge for using action point instead of charge.

Can this be combined with cull wand essence so that you blast a mob with a wand as a swift action ( instead of a standard )then proceeding with normal standard action, etc. If so,

In what class-manner/etc. order can this be done with persist spell unfettered heroism ( action point each turn ), cull wand essence, and say eldritch blast?

Jack_Simth
2018-06-27, 09:40 PM
Saw post about Prohecy's Artifex using wand as swift action and wand surge for using action point instead of charge.

Can this be combined with cull wand essence so that you blast a mob with a wand as a swift action ( instead of a standard )then proceeding with normal standard action, etc. If so,

In what class-manner/etc. order can this be done with persist spell unfettered heroism ( action point each turn ), cull wand essence, and say eldritch blast?

... mwahahahahha....

Unfettered Heroism + Wand Surge + Craft Scepter. Put Unfettered Heroism into the Scepter, use Wand Surge to cast Unfettered Heroism from the scepter without using a charge....

Troacctid
2018-06-28, 02:20 AM
... mwahahahahha....

Unfettered Heroism + Wand Surge + Craft Scepter. Put Unfettered Heroism into the Scepter, use Wand Surge to cast Unfettered Heroism from the scepter without using a charge....
That would still cost a charge. It would be 1 charge instead of 2.

Jack_Simth
2018-06-28, 07:26 AM
That would still cost a charge. It would be 1 charge instead of 2.
I'm not looking at two in a round. I'm looking at all day. I burn one charge at the beginning of the day to get Unfettered Heroism running. Before it runs out, I use one of the temporary action points to refresh the Unfettered Heroism spell. This means I can keep Unfettered Heroism up all day with just one scepter charge (and pausing once every 8 rounds, apparently I'm obsessive-compulsive). Meanwhile, that same method permits me to power many other wands, scepters, or staves using temporary action points rather than charges. This could make a wizard look a lot like a more powerful warlock.

Troacctid
2018-06-28, 01:08 PM
I'm not looking at two in a round. I'm looking at all day. I burn one charge at the beginning of the day to get Unfettered Heroism running. Before it runs out, I use one of the temporary action points to refresh the Unfettered Heroism spell. This means I can keep Unfettered Heroism up all day with just one scepter charge (and pausing once every 8 rounds, apparently I'm obsessive-compulsive). Meanwhile, that same method permits me to power many other wands, scepters, or staves using temporary action points rather than charges. This could make a wizard look a lot like a more powerful warlock.
It costs two charges to cast a 5th level spell from a scepter. The action point pays for one. Thus, you still spend a charge.

Jack_Simth
2018-06-28, 05:14 PM
It costs two charges to cast a 5th level spell from a scepter. The action point pays for one. Thus, you still spend a charge.Ah, drat. Missed that it was fixed based on spell level. So it'd need a custom staff or something. Ah well.