PDA

View Full Version : Wife back into D&D after 30+ years

ZorroGames
2018-06-27, 09:44 PM
BLUF- This is a late June-August run because Choir and Handbells start again in September for my wife.

So, she surprised me by eschewing Gnome and went Wood Elf Druid. Awesome call IMO. Stretching and risking being outside her comfort zone from her 1e days. She is now a second level Moon Druid.

Since the background is that we both grew in Silverymoon but only met on the way to Earthome (I was working in the Caravan and she off to Druid College) but we struck up a close Friendship.

I am running a Half-Elf Bard dipping Warlock.

So since I have a short time (about 9 more sessions but if she likes it we will pick up next Summer where we left off) I am considering my class level build options.

A) Hexblade 2, Swords Bard 1-6, Hexblade 3-4. Gets the Bard online faster.

B) Hexblade 4 (Feat for +1 CH from Elven Accuracy,) Swords Bard 6.

C) Hexblade 2, Bard 4, Hexblade 3-4, Bard 5-6.

Thoughts?

FYSA.

Start build:

ST 8
DE 15+1=16
CO 13+1=14
IN 8
WI 12
CH 15+2=17

Urchin Background, Leather and Shield (spent all my GPs on the shield which came in handy, along with Hexblade Curse.). 😯

Currently Hexblade 2, Skills Deception, Intimidation, Performance, Persuasion - +5 - and SoHand Stealth - both +4.

Dumped my leather armor when I took the Armor of Shadows and Agonizing Blast Invocations.

Cantrips currently
Obviously EB. Chill Touch.

Spells currently
Hex because Hexblade Curse is 1/Long Rest
Hellish Rebuke
Blur

AC with Invocation = 16/18 with shield. No Invocation is brittle 10 with 12 adding the shield. Fortunately the Invocation costs no spell slots. 😅. And lasts an hour. 🧐 Lots of casting that baby.🤪

Bought/sold equipment - added Longbow (until Improved Pact Weapon with Pact of the Blade,) Rapier, and retained my starting Mace channeling Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity through Weapon via Hex Warrior.

When I get 400 GPS I may buy a Breast Plate and switch invocations when I level up... or I may not... depends.

First Feat will be Elven Accuracy for CH 18 and the added effect of one attack dice re-roll when you have advantage using DE/IN/WI/CH.

Next ASI, if we get there this summer, will be +2 CH to 20.

If we continue to 20 later DE or CO become candidates for +2 or maybe a Feat or two.

Bard level 1 (when it occurs) thinking about message and vicious mockery Cantrips. Spells - Comprehend Languages, Disguise Self, Sleep and Tasha’s Hideous Laughter are possible.

Nothing set in stone for Bard right now.

Invocations open at this time after Character level 10.