PDA

View Full Version : Thunderdome Core Thread

Xenopax
2018-06-28, 12:38 AM
You hear a voice. It was like Honey. Sweet and slow. It sounded feminine and seemed to come from the inside of your own head.
“Open Your Eyes”
And so you did. You were surrounded by people of varying ages and Races. Most were Human or demihuman but you can see a few goblinoids and lizardfolk. All of them seemed to be waking up just like you were. You try to remember where you were before this but everything is blank except for a few Disturbing images that you try to ignore. Luckily you remember your name.
You are armed. When did you get weapons? You try to remember but cannot. Where are you? Who are these people? Why are you here? So many questions but no answers.
A woman appears in front of all of you. She has strange misty wings and looks like the pinnacle of grace.
https://imgur.com/pZvLfRj
This child walks up to her and tugs on her dress. She asks whether she is her mother. The little girl is clearly on the verge of tears. The woman smiles but it doesn’t reach her cold eyes. “No Child. I am not your mother,” she then touches the child on the head. Blood begins flowing as crisscross patterns appear on her skin. She screams once before collapsing into a pile of flesh. The woman still looks pristine. She looks at all of you and says four words.
“Let the Games Begin,”
She then disappears as the ceiling starts receding to reveal an open field with black boxes and rubble. The Open field is in the shape of a square and is surrounded by woods with a path on the east and west sides. In the distance you can see a City on the West side and a massive jungle on the east.
You take another look at the people around you and you notice something new. Superimposed on your brain is an identifying tag on each person. There’s a load of gibberish you don’t understand but you can easily see a name and two numbers. Some people have been identified as ally.
The top number is “ID” and second is “Ranking”.
The voice is heard one more time.
“Survive”
As she says that, an old man yells “Monster!”
https://s15.postimg.cc/x85upt0qj/untitled.png
This massive blob of flesh Appears seemingly out of nowhere in the center of the crowd. It has teeth the size of a mans arm and wicked curved claws. Although it lacks eyes, it does not seem to be affected. It grabs the man and pierces his skin before swallowing him whole. It then turns to the crowd to consume more.
Here We go!
Here's a map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19RSd4gQNCaBqMSZn898w9RuajDzy4dCsjxAr1mCaMU0/edit?usp=sharing)
center grey is where you guys come out of
Other grey is rocks and rubble
Brown is flat ground (Ish)
Green is forest
each box is 5 feet
Black Boxes are actual boxes which have loot in them

Gunhaven
2018-06-28, 12:57 AM
The ratfolk gave a cough as he seemed to take stock of what he had done for the day even as he's starting to come to. He didn't seem to fully understand what's happening as he skitters away and feels for his prepared vials. With a whisper in abyssal he got out a vial of a thick liquid and downed it, unwilling to deal with these troubles. He vanished then and, in his invisibility, felt safe for the moment. Perhaps soon he could prepare for the monster and figure out what exactly he was meant to do besides spread pestilence wherever he could.

Downing an Invisibility Elixir.

Stealth Check: [roll0] assuming I can move, otherwise another +20.

Timble
2018-06-28, 02:06 AM
Raokan looks in horror as the child dies. What was this place he had awoken in. What was the child even doing here? Was she just here to die?
The Grippli looks around at the crowd. They seemed to be in the same state as he was, but how many of them would remain friendly once they got their bearings?
He uses the confusion of the monsters appearance to cast Expeditious Retreat. He could see a city west, perhaps there would be a safe place to hide and get his bearings? Moving out of the crowd, he uses his enhanced speed to leave the crowd behind. Looking at the boxes scattered around the clearing, he wonders if the means to kill the monster is within them or if they were just miscellaneous supplies. Perhaps they would come in useful. Spotting one distant from the centre, he turns towards it.

Expeditious Retreat: +30ft Base Speed = 60ft
Move action: Move South West towards the box at D47

zylodrizzt
2018-06-28, 06:16 AM
The gnome looks at all this with fascination. Not sure of what he wants to do he pulls out a wand and taps himself.
[roll0] use magic device

He disappears

Hamste
2018-06-28, 12:00 PM
Why are people running? Look at this wretch, eyeless and with out any obvious means to attack at large range. To flee here is self destructive, this a creature that clearly can't stand a fight against numbers. You there, Raokan is it? Do you have any way to strike at range? If you do, I suggest you start fighting using you speed to stay out of reach. The rest of you get ready for a fight. If everyone splits up, it will hunt people down one by one. It seeks to intimidate you, to make you flee so that it may have the advantage. We have the numbers to win this here and now. Do not let it have the satisfaction of seeing you cower from it and do not sacrifice yourself by fleeing. Pyrom says looking around at the crowd. A striking figure, he stands tall and proud decked out in full plate with a cloak billowing out behind him despite the lack of wind. A tail peaks out from underneath the cape every time it starts to settle and it seems like the tail is pushing the cape to create the billowing effect. Done with his speech, his eyes lock onto the beast, he holds up his shield and he starts to advance towards it.

That is a tiefling tail.

Rolled a 26 on diplomacy to try to get some people in the crowd to join in the fight. Also not sure if it helps, but would give people the bonus against fear from my aura of courage.

If that doesn't take up my turn, I'm using antagonize (shown by repeated insults to the creature and general attitude). This is a mind affecting effect, that doesn't work if it has less than 3 int or can't understand me.
Intimidate to make it attack me if antagonize works [roll0]

Then walking up to it assuming my shield was already on my arm. If not, readying it

Xanyo
2018-06-28, 08:33 PM
"Fight the beast?" a goblin shrieks in an almost painfully high pitched voice, "With pleasure, Mister Sir-Lord-Whatever-Your-Title-Is!"

With a hop, skip, and a roll, the goblin tumbles right up to the beast. A dagger ends up in his hand just in time for him to strike at the monster's thigh, aiming for an artery.

Tumble to a spot adjacent to it, even if I am already. Acrobatics DC equals the beast's CMD. Belt of Tumbling gets me a +4 to that.
[roll0] acrobatics
Canny Tumble gives me a +2 on the attack and denies it its Dex to AC, allowing a Sneak Attack.
Attack Roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Sneak Attack Damage: [roll3]
Using Bleeding Attack rogue talent to deal 5 points of bleed with that.

If he attacks me and hits, I'll use an immediate action for Roll with It. I make an Acrobatics check DC 5+damage that would have been dealt. A successful check converts each point of damage into 1' of movement for me, round up to nearest 5', maximum 30'. Movement is a straight line and does not provoke AOO from the attacker. Regardless of whether I make the check, I'm staggered for 1 round.

Xenopax
2018-06-28, 10:06 PM
The beast howls more in anger than in pain. The Goblins blade causes bleeding but is instantly clotted up by the beasties healing. It slams into the goblin . A few of your fellow survivors seem to take courage at the goblins attack and at the tieflings words. Those with ranged weapons begin firing at him and those closer charge him. The beast diverts the rest of his attacks to the first one. The first swordsman doesn't even have time to get a strike in before getting ripped to pieces. The Beast then rips a strange pulsing sack out of his back and throws it at the archers.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]:Slam v Swordsman 1
[roll4]:Bite v Swordsman 1
[roll5]:Claw v Swordsman 1
[roll6]:Claw v Swordsman 1
[roll7]:Acid Bomb
[roll8]: Attack 1
[roll9]: Attack 2
[roll10]: Attack 3
[roll11]: Attack 1
[roll12]: Attack 2
[roll13]: Attack 3
[roll14]: Attack 1
[roll15]: Attack 2
[roll16]: Attack 3
[roll17]: Attack 1
[roll18]: Attack 2
[roll19]: Attack 3
[roll20]: Attack 1
[roll21]: Attack 2
[roll22]: Attack 1
[roll23]: Attack 2
[roll24]: Attack 1
[roll25]: Attack 2
[roll26]: Attack 1
[roll27]: Attack 1(Electric + Fire)
[roll28]: Attack 2
[roll29]: Attack 2 (Electric + Fire)

zylodrizzt
2018-06-28, 10:21 PM
If you are not the gm you are a dirty cheater even if my character is too.

Teleport to a box and steal stuff by stuffing in my magic bag. Stealth [roll0] slight of hand [roll1]

Xanyo
2018-06-28, 10:32 PM
The beasts attack connects, but rather than meeting resistance and tearing through it, the blow simply took the goblin with it, flinging him a couple dozen feet before he bounced off the ground twice and managed to land on his feet. He shakes his head quickly, as he regains his senses.

"Oi, bugger! That weren't so bad! I were expeectin' worse!" he taunts, "Now we gonna munch this bugger er what?"

A swift motion and the dagger in his hand soars through the air towards the beastie.

Throwing my dagger. Attack roll: [roll0], including the range penalty. If it hits, which isn't too likely, it will do [roll1] damage. I'll do more next turn, promise. Once I've recovered from getting thrown about like that.

Timble
2018-06-28, 10:39 PM
Roakan looks back at the fight and grimaces as the swordsman is ripped apart.
"I'm not sure what I have. I've just got these bags," he says softly, almost a whisper, in reply to the call to arms. A faint thought in the back of his head was whispering to him, faint reminders what he was equipped with. Some crossbow looking thing was in the quiver.
But he didn't want to stick around and face it. the acid showed it had a dangerous ranged weapon. Better leave while it was distracted.
Completing the trip to the box, he opened it to check what was in it.

So, a move and free action done so far.
Standard will be used to pick up anything interesting or used to move if nothing interesting. Moving north west to path.

Gunhaven
2018-06-28, 11:14 PM
The ratfolk continued to flee as slowly memories of rituals passed perform return. It would attack soon but the forest wasn't far enough. No, not yet, but soon.

zylodrizzt
2018-06-29, 05:18 AM
If you are not the gm you are a dirty cheater even if my character is too.

Teleport to a box and steal stuff by stuffing in my magic bag. Stealth [roll0]slight of hand [roll1]

Invis: if we are going from the end cast then 4 rnds left if not then 5

I added effect rnds

Hamste
2018-06-30, 02:38 AM
Ok, here is the plan. Swordsman can't survive the full bront of the attacks. I will tank, go about 25 feet behind me. When I get injured I will go behind you and start healing us. Then you retreat behind me after it gets one swipe at you and then repeat. Archers go into the tree line, the cover should help save you from the acid and it keeps it from charging you down. Plus it might not have the ability to sense that far. If anyone can reduce its accuracy they should do it. Boing, you do you I guess. If you get hit, I can start healing you up if you retreat behind Swordsman. Pyrom says as he prepares himself to strike the creature. He casts something keeping careful eye on the monster and then carelessly steps to the side leaving a large opening for the monster.

Pyrom uses the name of everyone. Just wasn't told the swordsman or archer names.

Iron skin is the spell being cast

Smiting evil against the monster (hoping this works :P), then casting iron skin defensively (I make the check everytime I believe) before using my move to step to the left purposefully provoking an attack from the monster so that the the swordsman can withdraw

Gunhaven
2018-07-02, 11:56 PM
Djir - Shooting Rat
One last movement should be enough to bring him far enough away, hidden safely within the woods. He pulled out his rifle and pulled the trigger, sending a bullet hurtling towards the beast. With a blast of fire and a spread of noxious fumes the ratfolk made it’s presence formally known to the beast and the group fighting it. He did try and avoid hitting the not beast if there was an opening. It would hopefully be far enough away to avoid an immediate retaliation.

One last move action to put me at 80 feet hopefully.
Standard: Shoot the beast with the Pepperbox Rifle.
Touch Attack (potentially flat footed if the blindsense doesn’t go out 80 feet): [roll0]
Bullet Damage: [roll1]
Bomb Damage (DC 22 Reflex for Half): [roll2]
Splash Damage of 12, same check for same outcome.
Spell Resistance Check: [roll3]
Bubonic Plague Constitution Damage (DC 20 Fortitude to Negate): [roll4]
If any damage is done then another DC 20 Fortitude or Fatigued. If 2+ Damage is done then it also takes 1 Charisma Damage.

Xenopax
2018-07-03, 03:04 AM
The beast howls it's fury to the skies and looks like terror incarnate. The archers and Swordsman start running away. The monster attempts to grab the swordsman but drops him, only to divert his attention to the only other creature in grabbing distance. It lifts the paladin up and swallows him whole. It gives what seems to be a smile before wiping it's mouth and wandering off presumably looking for more prey.

You hear cannon fire and the face of the dead swordsman and the Old man who died in the beginning appear in the sky.
the sky seems to get smaller.

zylodrizzt
2018-07-03, 03:32 PM
Shrink down to dimunutive as a fill round action

Hamste
2018-07-03, 04:01 PM
Pyrom smiles serenely inside the stomach. The pain was exquisite. The burning of the acid. The crunch of the bite. Made him wish he could just stay here all day. Unfortunately, the skin was already starting to burn off his legs so it would be for the best if he finished this quickly. He briefly considered calling on his ancestors but someone else might be getting hurt right now and he would just be doing it for self gratification. Instead he just touches himself to relieve some of the pleasure. He sighs in relief as he starts cutting his way out. Maybe he would stay inside. See how the creature reacted to getting its insides chewed up.

Gain 1 pleasure from acid/bite (assuming they count as 1 instance of damage)
Attacking the monster from the inside. Seeing its ac is just 10 plus half natural armor on the inside I'm going to dual wield with my Gandasa and gauntlet. The gauntlet can't cut a hole but the Gandasa can. If I make a hole, I'm not getting out immediately. Curious to see what it does.

note, the smite bypasses all DR the creature might have
Gandasa attack 1
[roll0] (14 base, plus 8 from smite, -4 from dual wielding, -2 from grappled)-8 as smite does not apply (17 to hit)
For
[roll1] slashing damage (4 damage)

Gandasa attack 2
[roll2] (9 base, plus 8 from smite, -4 from dual wielding, -2 from grappled, plus 4 from spending a point of pleasure) (17 to hit)
For
[roll3] slashing damage (11)

Gauntlet
[roll4] (12 base, plus 8 from smite, -8 from dual wielding, -2 from grappled) (5 to hit)
For
[roll5] bludgeoning damage (5 damage)

Lay on hands myself
[roll6] (5d6 base, plus 2d6 from bracers, plus 1d6 from greater mercy, plus 16 from fey foundling, plus 10 from favored class, plus 1 from trait

Xanyo
2018-07-03, 05:19 PM
The goblin rolls forward to the beastie, his knife materializing in his hand just in time to slash again. How did that get there?

Use acrobatics to tumble to adjacent(+10 to the DC to move full speed), swift action to call my dagger, and attack.
Acrobatics: [roll0] against DC of beastie's CMD+10
Attack: [roll1] against it's flat-footed AC
Damage: [roll2]
Sneak Attack Damage: [roll3]
Pressure Points trick: 1 dex damage(can be removed w/ DC 15 Heal)
Debilitating Injury(disoriented): He takes -2 to AC for one round, -6 total vs my attacks.

As the round before last, if he hits me, I'll roll acrobatics to use Roll with It.
[roll4]

Timble
2018-07-04, 02:39 AM
Shovelling the contents into his bag, he turns back to see how the battle was going. Seeing the paladin eaten and everyone else fleeing, he decides to do the same.

Since the contents of the box were picked up with my remaining action, double move to get to the path. Moving West following turns towards city.
Can run for a minute at 5xspeed=300ft speed. Will then walk for a minute to rest before continuing running.

Gunhaven
2018-07-04, 04:55 AM
With a shrug the rat holsters the rifle and skitters his way toward the nearest box. Maybe some kid would wander into the noxious fumes left behind. Maybe he could get a refreshing breath of them. That was right, right?

Xenopax
2018-07-05, 10:02 AM
The beast ignores both the stabbing of the Goblin and the slicing of the paladin inside him. It rears down and puts it's hands on the ground, shifting to a quadrepedal stance. it begins running toward the north at full speed. The paladin notes from inside the stomach that there was still plenty of room inside. Why was it running away?

zylodrizzt
2018-07-05, 10:42 AM
How interesting but this beastie is fast

taking to thr air and flying after the beast at full speed of 120 I do believe

Xanyo
2018-07-05, 11:00 AM
"Get back here ya big fat bugger! 'm starting ta like that bloke ya just gobbled! Hol' still so'n I can gut ya!"

The little goblin gets a slash in as the beast runs, though without much effect. He promptly starts chasing it as fast as he can.

"'m not done with ya yet! Gebaggere! Ge' back 'ere! Ya big ball a sour fleshies! Ah though' big buggers like ye wern' supposed ta fear nothin'! Ya 'ear me? No'in'!"

He almost looks a silly sight, practically bouncing over the terrain, using his hands almost as much as his feet to keep moving.

Gunhaven
2018-07-05, 02:03 PM
The rat closed in on a box, grabbing a branch while he was at it, and opened it with his twig if he could. The last one didn't explode but that didn't mean this one wouldn't and he wanted to be a son far from it as possible.

Xenopax
2018-07-08, 09:25 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?563290-Thunder-Dome-The-City&p=23205802#post23205802http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?563302-Thunder-Dome-The-Jungle&p=23206196#post23206196

Hamste
2018-07-09, 08:22 PM
Huh, something was off. That didn't hurt the creature too much. Maybe the stomach wasn't evil? Could always try stabbing other places? First to start up some sustaining power seeing he wasn't sure how long he would be in here. He gave himself a blessing before trying to make a little island out of the weird stones.

Doing Agathion bond and then trying to make an island out of stones.