PDA

View Full Version : Computer Looking for help in finding games for a friend(Steam)

Togath
2018-06-28, 06:33 AM
So with the Steam sale in full swing, i figured I'd try finding a few games for a friend... and decided to come here and ask around for advice, since I don't really know what's out there super well.
From my understanding they like rpgs in general, and enjoy the Fire Emblem series a lot.
They also mentioned an interest in puzzles, though it sounds like they prefer faster paced and/or less linear ones rather than "find a specific solution" scenarios. Sort of Bejewled or Tetris over something like a Rubik's Cube, I think.
As for other stuff, they did mention enjoying a game called "SimCity Societies" in the past, and wondered if there was anything else fairly similar(sounds like they more want a "build a culture or government" game rather than a city or domination based game like Civilization).

Sorry if this is sort of a vague thread. I'm not super adept at navigating the seas of games on Steam myself.
Finally, stuff in the 3$ or under price range(current price) would be especially appreciated, and I don't think they have an especially powerful computer, so stuff with high system requirements probably wouldn't be very playable currently.

ufo
2018-06-28, 06:52 AM
Maybe they would like Into the Breach? At least, it fits 'non-linear puzzles' pretty well, but I think it also requires some investment in the themes of the game (giant bugs and mechs fighting).

Otherwise, they might have fun with Cities: Skylines - a superb city-building game that is my favourite when I want to play something that's wholesome and doesn't ask me to dominate and exploit.

Gnoman
2018-06-29, 11:09 AM
So with the Steam sale in full swing, i figured I'd try finding a few games for a friend... and decided to come here and ask around for advice, since I don't really know what's out there super well.
From my understanding they like rpgs in general, and enjoy the Fire Emblem series a lot.

Several of the Disgaea games (1, 2, and eventually 5) are available on Steam. They're not quite identical to Fire Emblem in gameplay, but have some similarities.

Some Android
2018-06-29, 05:15 PM

There's the Tales series (Tales of Berseria, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Zestiria).

[QUOTE]They also mentioned an interest in puzzles, though it sounds like they prefer faster paced and/or less linear ones rather than "find a specific solution" scenarios. Sort of Bejewled or Tetris over something like a Rubik's Cube, I think.

There's Puyo Puyo Tetris. I've never played it, but have heard good things about it.

I'd also highly recommend Cuphead if they are into platformers. I'd also highly recommend Cuphead if they're into good games.