PDA

View Full Version : Spellbook?

GuestEleven
2018-06-28, 08:51 AM
Hey guys, I am currently building a character for a world starting this weekend. The DM is being pretty tough to work with and it am just shy of the feats I need to bring my character to life. My buddy told me there is a 3.5 Spellbook that when used to prepare spells you can apply any two Metamagic feats that are on the spellbook to spells, effectively making it so you can use two metamagic feats without taking them or getting them put on a rod. He said it was in a Mongoose Publishing book and that it only costs 9,000 gold? If anyone knows about it or can help me find it that would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

DeTess
2018-06-28, 11:02 AM
Since you describe your DM as 'tough to work with', does he actually allow third party sources?

GuestEleven
2018-06-28, 11:03 AM
Since you describe your DM as 'tough to work with', does he actually allow third party sources?

Yeah, upon review. I need to find it and read exactly what it does before I can show him and possibly get it cleared.

BowStreetRunner
2018-06-28, 11:17 AM
9000 gold for two free metamagic feats? Compared to the price of a metamagic rod, that's pretty cheap. I looked through Mongoose Pub's "Quintessential Wizard" and did not find the item you described anywhere in there. Not sure what other book it might be in.

DeTess
2018-06-28, 11:22 AM
A quick round of searches suggested that this item might be in 'the quintessential wizard'. I don't own this book, so I can't check, but maybe someone else does, or maybe you can find a free excerpt of the relevant pages.

Yael
2018-06-28, 06:43 PM
I checked both Quintessential Wizard I and II, and found nothing. Though it sounds interesting, I couldn't locate that spellbook feature.

AtlasSniperman
2018-06-28, 11:50 PM
Mongoose publishing has released a huge amount of material. Quintessential and encyclopaedia being the easiest to search. But there's still all of swords and sorcery.
Does your friend remember anything else about the book? A particular work of art or something?

elonin
2018-06-29, 08:35 PM
Can't speak for your situation but if your dm is strict then likely to ban those regardless of source. Is your dm open to flaws?