PDA

View Full Version : Insideous Corruptor build?

eversilentone
2018-06-29, 02:31 AM
Pretty much as per the title, does anyone have a build that can leverage it's features? And am I right in thinking the Aberrant Dragonmark feat chain can qualify you? Must be some way to leverage the 5/10 casting progression through a fixed list PrC? I'm just drawing blanks as even with Child of Khyber getting you in at ECL9 (with Lesser Drow) there's not much room for a fixed list caster PrC... Best I've come up with so far is:

Hexblade 4 (Dark Companion ACF)
Child of Khyber 1
Dread Witch 5
Insideous Corruptor 10

Then going ham on intimidation and fear effects. Decent boost to intimidate but pretty limited and not much casting to speak of. Wish I could get Assassin in there to progress that!

Climowitz
2018-06-29, 07:33 AM
Does being a drow allows an aberrant dragonmark? If so then it can qualify you for that prc

Falontani
2018-06-29, 09:18 AM
Half drow is half elf meaning it does. Even though it shouldn't

Rebel7284
2018-06-29, 10:03 AM
Gestalt with Mindbender and get full casting from both! Technically, gestalt discourages two PrCs at a time, but I think with two half-casting classes, this is very fair.

You can always advance Ur Priest (Planar Touchstone: Catalogs of Enlightenment to get a domain with Dominate), but that's a bandaid.

Overall the class is pretty bad and gets worse as more and more things become immune to mind affecting things. The best ability I see is quickening spells by using Claws of Influence on your party before combat and then releasing them. However, that eats up both your swift and immediate action.

Climowitz
2018-06-29, 01:26 PM
I agree with a 3 level dip in palladin of tyranny and 4 on hexblade, if you get a cool base of bab, then having 9 to 12 levels of hexblade casting should be enough.
Also the aberrant dragonmark feat chain get's you the spell to get the prestige if you want to skip hexblade, however you need at least level 6 to get 9 ranks in bluff.
I would go Paladin of Tyranny 4 / Hexblade 5 / Mindbender 1 / Insidious Corruptor 10

However depends on your focus where to start and where to end, i suggest getting mindbender at level 6 along with mindsight, that is incredibly awesome.