PDA

View Full Version : Must read for new players

lxion
2018-06-29, 04:21 AM
Ok, situation: I'm going to DM a game for my little nephew and some friends (some adults).

I recently found a thread where it said which pages of the PHB must be read by new players to understand, but I can't find it. If anyone can help me with this, I can already send it to my sister.

I'm probably going to simply let them clean out some crypts for retrieving something stolen. Any tips for story or mechanics for kids (about 10 years old, not a long attention span, probably going to want to be the great hero).

Thanks in advance

Daphne
2018-06-29, 06:26 AM
Ok, situation: I'm going to DM a game for my little nephew and some friends (some adults).

I recently found a thread where it said which pages of the PHB must be read by new players to understand, but I can't find it. If anyone can help me with this, I can already send it to my sister.

I'm probably going to simply let them clean out some crypts for retrieving something stolen. Any tips for story or mechanics for kids (about 10 years old, not a long attention span, probably going to want to be the great hero).

Thanks in advance

Do you mean this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?561231-New-player-what-I-should-read-before-the-first-session)?

The general rules are all on Part 2 of the PHB, and players only need to read the magic chapter if they are playing spellcasters.

lxion
2018-06-29, 07:41 AM
Yes, that one. Thanks, mate