PDA

View Full Version : GLOW Season 2

Ranxerox
2018-06-29, 10:56 PM
I was a late arrival to GLOW season 1, but once I discovered it I enjoyed the heck out of it. I was also really pleased to find out that it had been approved for a second season and that I didn't have to wait long for it. As I type this I am getting ready to watch the first episode of the new season.

So are there any GLOW fans here in the Playground? If so what do you think of of season 2, or for that matter what did you like about season 1?

Callos_DeTerran
2018-06-30, 12:31 AM
I'm a big fan of the first season and I didn't know the second season was out just like. Not going to lie that the thing I like the most about GLOW season one so far was the development of the evil Russian Zorya/Zoya.

And the end of the first season ticked me off for the silliest of reasons, but only because I watch a lot of actual professional wrestling.

Ranxerox
2018-07-07, 10:49 AM
I'm a big fan of the first season and I didn't know the second season was out just like. Not going to lie that the thing I like the most about GLOW season one so far was the development of the evil Russian Zorya/Zoya.

And the end of the first season ticked me off for the silliest of reasons, but only because I watch a lot of actual professional wrestling.

At the start of the first I was hoping that Ruth would discover through playing Zoya that despite all her "niceness" that she had some villain in her and that by embracing it she could be a happier person. Well, they didn't go that route, but season 1 still was very entertaining.

Having now finished season 2, I can say that it is even better than the first. Spending more time with the characters that weren't Ruth and Debbie helped. The episode with Tamme "Welfare Queen" Dawson and her son was particularly strong. The stuff with Sam, Justine and Justine's mom was also really good. Sheila stole pretty much ever scene that she had a line in.

To anyone reading this who has not yet watched season 2, you are probably going to hate Debbie/Liberty Belle for the first half of the season. Stick with it. Debbie does eventually come around (though admittedly only after going too far) and is easier to watch in the second half of the season.